Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-12 14:19:32  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ever heard of the saying: "Give a man a fish, he'll vote for you. Teach a man to fish, and he'll no longer have a reason to."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 14:24:43  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You made 4 strawman arguments within the same post?

But I'm sure that's the fault of the white people there, as the article is insinuating.
But any idiot would have seen that these numbers are skewed to create a larger problem than what really is.
Parents who give a damn about their children are more likely to have their children succeed in life than those who don't. No study needed, just common sense.
Poverty rates: That little tidbit assumes that there is no way to get out of poverty at all if you are of a certain color or ethnic background, which (I hope) it's pretty obvious that isn't true. Of course, they have to insinuate that.
A) It isn't a strawman, that's their exact point.

B) Why are you defending such a biased article anyway?
By Nazrious 2014-11-12 14:30:37  
Nazrious said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Nothing like a little fraud to start the day.

Quote:
Global regulators fined five major banks, including UBS (UBSN.VX), HSBC (HSBA.L) and Citigroup (C.N), $3.4 billion for failing to stop their traders from trying to manipulate the foreign exchange market.

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) and JP Morgan (JPM.N) also face penalties in a year-long probe that has put the largely unregulated $5 trillion-a-day market on a tighter leash. The banks earned a 30 percent discount for settling early.

Dozens of dealers have been suspended or fired for sharing confidential information about client orders and coordinating trades to make money from a foreign exchange benchmark used by asset managers and corporate treasurers to value their holdings in the latest scandal to hit the financial industry.

They used code names to identify clients without naming them and created online chatrooms with pseudonyms such as "the players", “the 3 musketeers” and “1 team, 1 dream” in which to swap information. Those not involved were belittled.

Switzerland's UBS swallowed the biggest penalty paying $661 million to Britain's Financial Services Authority (FCA) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).

UBS was ordered by Swiss regulator FINMA, which also said it had found serious misconduct in precious metals trading, to hand over 134 million Swiss francs after failing to investigate a 2010 whistleblower's report.

The misconduct at the banks stretched back to the previous decade and up until October 2013, more than a year after U.S. and British authorities started punishing banks for rigging the London interbank offered rate or Libor, an interest rate benchmark.

RBS, which is 80 percent owned by the British government, received client complaints about foreign exchange trading as far back as 2010 and a year later a dealer at the bank questioned its information sharing.

The bank said it regretted not responding more quickly to the complaints. The other banks were similarly apologetic.
Regulators fine global banks $3.4 billion in forex probe

What it does not say is how much was made, at that level easily billions but hey some people got fired! Not the top execs but w/e they fired people!
Are you saying that we should fire people in charge for others releasing confidential information to the public? Or when things break, we should fire the head honcho? Or when people commit fraud, the boss of them all should lose their job?

Yes. If One of my employees releases client information I am liable, can lose my license and depending on the circumstances and my culpability can face Jail time, worse if for some reason said information fell under say National Security.

The buck stops somewhere, thats the reason these executives give for why they make such disproportionate amounts of money, They have such high "risk" in there position.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 14:38:54  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Nothing like a little fraud to start the day.

Quote:
Global regulators fined five major banks, including UBS (UBSN.VX), HSBC (HSBA.L) and Citigroup (C.N), $3.4 billion for failing to stop their traders from trying to manipulate the foreign exchange market.

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) and JP Morgan (JPM.N) also face penalties in a year-long probe that has put the largely unregulated $5 trillion-a-day market on a tighter leash. The banks earned a 30 percent discount for settling early.

Dozens of dealers have been suspended or fired for sharing confidential information about client orders and coordinating trades to make money from a foreign exchange benchmark used by asset managers and corporate treasurers to value their holdings in the latest scandal to hit the financial industry.

They used code names to identify clients without naming them and created online chatrooms with pseudonyms such as "the players", “the 3 musketeers” and “1 team, 1 dream” in which to swap information. Those not involved were belittled.

Switzerland's UBS swallowed the biggest penalty paying $661 million to Britain's Financial Services Authority (FCA) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).

UBS was ordered by Swiss regulator FINMA, which also said it had found serious misconduct in precious metals trading, to hand over 134 million Swiss francs after failing to investigate a 2010 whistleblower's report.

The misconduct at the banks stretched back to the previous decade and up until October 2013, more than a year after U.S. and British authorities started punishing banks for rigging the London interbank offered rate or Libor, an interest rate benchmark.

RBS, which is 80 percent owned by the British government, received client complaints about foreign exchange trading as far back as 2010 and a year later a dealer at the bank questioned its information sharing.

The bank said it regretted not responding more quickly to the complaints. The other banks were similarly apologetic.
Regulators fine global banks $3.4 billion in forex probe

What it does not say is how much was made, at that level easily billions but hey some people got fired! Not the top execs but w/e they fired people!
Are you saying that we should fire people in charge for others releasing confidential information to the public? Or when things break, we should fire the head honcho? Or when people commit fraud, the boss of them all should lose their job?

Yes. If One of my employees releases client information I am liable, can lose my license and depending on the circumstances and my culpability can face Jail time, worse if for some reason said information fell under say National Security.

The buck stops somewhere, thats the reason these executives give for why they make such disproportionate amounts of money, They have such high "risk" in there position.
Then you agree that Obama should be removed from office due to the extensive faults associated with his administration.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 14:40:56  
1) Where does it blame white people of anything?
2) You acknowledge there is a problem but automatically dismiss it since it's for minorities
3) You insinuate non-white parents are bad parents, because, common sense
4) Where does it mention you can't get out of poverty?

B) The article itself is fine, it's your derp interpretation of it that is flawed.
Apparently you need to read behind the lines, and understand what the article really said, not what is written.

Which I'm sure you could do you, you just choose to ignore it this time because it fits your needs.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-12 14:45:18  

YouTube Video Placeholder

As captain, i am responsible for the conduct of the crew under my command.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 14:46:51  
Asura.Kingnobody said:
Dropout rates: Again, could have pro-active parents. You know, parents who are responsible for their children's welfare, which include education. Parents who give a damn about their children are more likely to have their children succeed in life than those who don't. No study needed, just common sense.

Reading between the lines.

Non-white parents are bad parents, they don't care about their children or their education, white parents succeed because they are good parents.

That's not what you meant? But I'm reading between the lines!
Yeah, you are being obtuse on purpose.

Keep playing that card, I'm sure it never gets old.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 14:48:47  
Societal issues that can be corrected in other ways.

Such as?

But these numbers are skewed to show a larger problem than what it really is.

So screw minorities?

Point is, you cannot create a law and then ignore it when it's most convenient for you.

This isn't discrimination, it's about helping minorities so they can be on the same level as everyone else, that law passed and 50 years later we still have huge discrepancies between races.

Warning this is not a joke, racial discrimination happens every single day.

Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-12 14:50:58  
Asura.Kingnobody said:
Dropout rates: Again, could have pro-active parents. You know, parents who are responsible for their children's welfare, which include education. Parents who give a damn about their children are more likely to have their children succeed in life than those who don't. No study needed, just common sense.

Non-white parents are bad parents, they don't care about their children or their education, white parents succeed because they are good parents.

Generally, reading between the lines is code for pulling something out of your butt to support your warped view of the world.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 14:51:11  
Asura.Kingnobody said:

Its Non-white Parent..
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 14:52:29  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said:

Generally, reading between the lines is code for pulling something out of your butt to support your warped view of the world.

Umm.. you do this all the time. /Picardfacepalm.jpeg
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 14:54:41  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ever heard of the saying: "Give a man a fish, he'll vote for you. Teach a man to fish, and he'll no longer have a reason to."

Love it.. Stealing it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-12 14:56:32  
Altimaomega said: »

Such as?

So screw minorities?

Point is, you cannot create a law and then ignore it when it's most convenient for you.

This isn't discrimination, it's about helping minorities so they can be on the same level as everyone else, that law passed and 50 years later we still have huge discrepancies between races.

You honestly believe this is what happens every day?
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 14:58:03  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Such as?

So screw minorities?

You honestly believe it doesn't?
Are you sure you read it correctly?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 14:58:03  
I'd say your reading comprehension skills are almost on the same level as conspiracy theorist Kingnobody.
Right, I'm the one who's saying that the "man" is the one who is keeping the minorities down.

When in today's age, it doesn't matter as long as you make me money.

But keep grasping those straws. That's all you got left.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 14:58:26  
No one considers that to be a "party of the poor" means you need to keep people poor.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 14:59:23  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
No one considers that to be a "party of the poor" means you need to keep people poor.
Can't bring people out of poverty, there goes the voter base.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-12 14:59:27  
Asura.Kingnobody said:

Says the guy who constantly preaches about what Obama wants even though it's completely contrary to all evidence. Nice try, bubba, better luck next time.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-12 15:01:21  

Love it.. Stealing it.
Idk about you but I'd still vote for someone who was able to provide for me the tools I needed to become self sustaining. Someone who realizes that its better to help someone out by giving them skills then keep them dangling on the hook...
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-12 15:01:23  

Love it.. Stealing it.

gotta agree. everything else in this thread aside; love that line'
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 15:02:29  
Asura.Kingnobody said:

Says the guy who constantly preaches about what Obama wants even though it's completely contrary to all evidence. Nice try, bubba, better luck next time.

See you're doing it again^
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:03:31  

They can't sell their ideas either, they have to lie about their positions and smear the opposition in order to win. Last Tuesday was a huge victory, but Obama's spent the last week doubling down on the tactics with China/global warming, net neutrality, and immigration.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 15:04:35  

Love it.. Stealing it.
Idk about you but I'd still vote for someone who was able to provide for me the tools I needed to become self sustaining. Someone who realizes that its better to help someone out by giving them skills then keep them dangling on the hook...

I don't think you understand.. Or you're just trolling.
Either/Or you fail.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-12 15:07:00  

Such as?

So screw minorities?

It happens but far less than you'd think it does. It usually only comes into play when a company doesn't already meet some minority threshold and is stacked with a majority of white employees already.

If this were the common case in america then why is it that the unemployment rate for any minority is higher than whites?

Also, both resumes are typically handed over to the company first, not just the black guy and not the white guys. If it proceeded the way you described then they would most definitely have grounds for an eeoc complaint.

You'd honestly think minoroties and women ran this country the way you guys belly ache...
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 15:07:07  

They can't sell their ideas either, they have to lie about their positions and smear the opposition in order to win. Last Tuesday was a huge victory, but Obama's spent the last week doubling down on the tactics with China/global warming, net neutrality, and immigration.

O.o Global warming.. FML! I have to go to work... Next time!!

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-12 15:08:52  

Such as?

So screw minorities?

It happens but far less than you'd think it does. It usually only comes into play when a company doesn't already meet some minority threshold and is stacked with a majority of white employees already.

If this were the common case in america then why is it that the unemployment rate for any minority is higher than whites?

Also, both resumes are typically handed over to the company first, not just the black guy and not the white guys. If it proceeded the way you described then they would most definitely have grounds for an eeoc complaint.

You'd honestly think minoroties and women ran this country the way you guys belly ache...

sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 1375 1376 1377