Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1336 1337 1338 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-13 07:35:06  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The far left shutting down the Trump rally in Chicago with violence last night was a nice sneak peek into your future Country under a Bernie Sanders Presidency. Hordes of naïve young idiots that want your ***, punching people in the face that they disagree with. The entire DNC platform of hate and ignorance that whoops people up into such a frenzy should scare everyone. These are the same people that thought the burning of Ferguson was a peaceful protest.

Hey, what do you expect when we teach a generation that they are entitled to their own "safe space" from opinions they don't like? We get a system where speech is no longer free.

"Tolerance" at its finest.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-13 08:09:09  
/popcorn

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-13 09:23:28  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
By this logic, you could assume voters loved congressional members who continuously obstructed him. They voted them a majority in 2010, 2012, and 2014.

Not saying it's not relevant because it certainly is, but these had something like a 35% turnout so I doubt it's that relevant of the majority, but you guys get to vote so often I could see people not having much interest there and mostly the people displeased with the government vote.

Anyways, that's how I see it.
So, it's the public's will that Obama was elected, but it's not when the public elect Republicans into Congress?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-13 09:32:28  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, it's the public's will that Obama was elected, but it's not when the public elect Republicans into Congress?

No I didn't mean that. It's Obama's loss for not managing to have his supporters vote.

What I meant is 35% participation is LESS representative.
Congress has a lower approval rate than Obama, and yet, they seem to hold their own.

Then again, everyone hates somebody else's senator/representative.

Either way, you cannot say it's the public's will and go back on it for a different branch, even one who represents the public's will a whole lot better every 2 years. US House does a spring cleaning of all representatives every 2 years, not 6 like the Senate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-13 11:40:54  
No I didn't mean that. It's Obama's loss for not managing to have his supporters vote.

What I meant is 35% participation is LESS representative.
Congress has a lower approval rate than Obama, and yet, they seem to hold their own.

Then again, everyone hates somebody else's senator/representative.

Either way, you cannot say it's the public's will and go back on it for a different branch, even one who represents the public's will a whole lot better every 2 years. US House does a spring cleaning of all representatives every 2 years, not 6 like the Senate.
I would like to point out that in the long gone and unlamented USSR there was more turnover in the Duma, their unicameral congress, than we have had in congress in my entire life.

And for those who don't remember, they had a one party system.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 12:08:52  
Again, I didn't say it's not representative, just LESS. 20% less vote is what 50 million people?

Thanks for proving the point that Obama got massive support during his election because he was black.
 leo
By leo 2016-03-13 12:17:02  
Brazil protesters assemble as Rousseff's future hangs in balance(Bloomberg)

/popcorn
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 12:41:57  
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/13/libyan-unity-government-moves-to-take-power-as-sole-ruling-authority

Totally not a puppet state. *Metallica blasting from deep within NATO halls*

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-13 13:08:40  
Altimaomega said: »
Thanks for proving the point that Obama got massive support during his election because he was black.

Thanks for proving everyone voting for Trump is misogynist racist.

None of that, now.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-03-13 13:36:28  
i'm voting for the ghost of JFK for president for the 15th year in a row...
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 14:09:25  

Thanks for proving everyone voting for Trump is misogynist racist.

I guess that after you have proven yourself wrong, go for broke and use personal insults as a distraction. You know those things that would get us Conservative posters banned.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-13 14:29:26  
Things that would get us Conservative posters banned.

The first real offense doesn't get anyone banned. If Rav did that he'd get the same stink-eye/finger wag, not a suspension. There is no party line bias to moderation, and the continued insistence that there is, is pretty insulting. The people racking up multiple suspensions do so through their own words and actions; ideology is not a factor.

Take this instance, for example; you could have just let it go once I'd stepped in. Did you? Of course not, it's always gotta be more escalation and declarations of perceived grievances. It's exhausting.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 14:41:14  
Honestly, I replied before I seen you did anything.

Which interestingly enough you defended vic for doing the same thing to me, even though he was the instigator of that incident as well.

But here we are. Me getting scolded for things that the left sided people do all the time. You're quite right, it is exhausting.

If you care to notice it is not the Conservative posters who escalate these things. But once things do start getting out of hand it is practically always the Conservative poster getting the hammer while the escalators walk away with nothing.

It is obvious to anyone, sorry if that escapes you.

Since this post is most likely to get me perma-banned it's been fun... I was actually looking forward to the new format you had in mind for P&R.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-13 14:43:01  
Honestly, I replied before I seen you did anything.

Which interestingly enough you defended vic for doing the same thing to me, even though he was the instigator of that incident as well.

But here we are. Me getting scolded for things that the left sided people do all the time. You're quite right, it is exhausting.

If you care to notice it is not the Conservative posters who escalate these things. But once things do start getting out of hand it is practically always the Conservative poster getting the hammer while the escalators walk away with nothing.

It is obvious to anyone, sorry if that escapes you.

Since this post is most likely to get me perma-banned it's been fun... I was actually looking forward to the new format you had in mind for P&R.

It had been an hour; also, you +1'd my post before you responded. Timestamps are a ***.

But please, lie to me some more
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 14:48:32  
Ehh, doesn't matter everything else I said is true. Don't remember +1 your post before my reply but I'm not about to argue over a timestamp.

That isn't even the crux of the problem. The problem is the escalation and blatant insults going unchecked. The patterns that play out on every topic are astounding.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-03-13 14:55:50  
go JFK's ghost!
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 14:59:56  
Are there any articles out there that are relatively neutral and objective in reports of the protests in Chicago? It seems both sides have the truth skewed and stretched to fit their perspective.

Best I got was seeing people on the news freaking out, while /r/Chicago saying it was not even that big a deal and not even remotely close to the "riot" news anchors and journalists seemed to imply.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-13 15:04:03  
This is page 1337
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-13 15:06:05  
27 people dead and 75 injured after a bomb exploded in Ankara, Turkey

By Enuyasha 2016-03-13 15:06:50  
Artemicion said: »
Are there any articles out there that are relatively neutral and objective in reports of the protests in Chicago? It seems both sides have the truth skewed and stretched to fit their perspective.

Best I got was seeing people on the news freaking out, while /r/Chicago saying it was not even that big a deal and not even remotely close to the "riot" news anchors and journalists seemed to imply.
Thats unfortunately thanks to reagan :(

Now the news is just clickbait and advertisement money instead of accurately portraying the events of the day and informing viewers or giving them multiple viewpoints in one place that are factcheckable across all networks. Its pretty disgusting, but youll find the truth if you dig.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 15:08:39  
Artemicion said: »

I was listening to it on the radio as it was happening. The news guy said people were bloody and several went limp. I'm assuming that meant knocked out.

Good luck trying to find a news source after the fact that isn't biased one way or the other.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 15:09:33  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
27 people dead and 75 injured after a bomb exploded in Ankara, Turkey

#whiteviolence
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 15:13:06  
Drama Torama said: »
it's always gotta be more escalation and declarations of perceived grievances
Hell yeah, sounds exactly like politix!!
First Page 2 3 ... 1336 1337 1338 ... 1375 1376 1377