Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1324 1325 1326 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-08 16:11:35  
Josiahkf said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is so pathetic. It really is.
it really is.

If your country elects Trump as their President I will be extremely disappointed in America because I believed as a nation you guys were above that behavior and it was just a small minority that behaved so insanely.

Any other candidate on either side won't be 1/10th as disappointing as him being elected.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-08 16:12:57  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
master the microphone
I don't know if this is gergon for ***, but that's how I'm going to use it from now on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-08 16:17:46  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
master the microphone
I don't know if this is gergon for ***, but that's how I'm going to use it from now on.

And with that, today has been a success.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-08 16:19:11  

I admit, this was extremely funny.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-08 16:43:13  
Yeah, I put MLK and Hitler in the same category because their ability to be eloquent, commanding, larger than life figures is something Trump could only wish to be.

Trump comes on with a too tight cap over his hairpiece, looking overly spray tanned, repeating himself constantly but not in a good way, can't stop talking about his business school experience and comes off as someone seeking reassurance. He stoops to vulgarity often sounding more like a schoolchild than a leader....
The Donald comes across as someone who is trying to prove something, not to the world, but to himself. And with all his money and fame he has yet to manage to prove it.

What could it be? I don't really know but I just don't think that a man with even moderate sized junk would need to bring it up on live TV.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-08 16:45:16  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
What could it be? I don't really know but I just don't think that a man with even moderate sized junk would need to bring it up on live TV.

In his defense, that whole thing started because Rubio was commenting on the size of Trump's hands (which is its own little wtf moment). Like, I agree that there wasn't any reason to take it there, but it's not like it was originally on his list of talking points for the day.

OR WAS IT
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-08 16:47:06  
With how ridiculous the whole primaries shitshow is, I'd be surprised that bragging about one's own *** size didn't bring in consensus too.
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-03-08 16:47:26  
Drama Torama said: »

In his defense, that whole thing started because Rubio was commenting on the size of Trump's hands (which is its own little wtf moment). Like, I agree that there wasn't any reason to take it there, but it's not like it was originally on his list of talking points for the day.

OR WAS IT

I think someone told Rubio about the "short-fingered vulgarian" incident Trump had with Spy magazine and he ran with it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-08 19:47:35  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
That's the millennial way.

Louis CK is a millenial?

fonewear said: »
blarghle

You need to take a little break.

Louis CK's Audience isn't mostly millenials?

I mean he's kinda funny, but not funny enough.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-08 19:49:57  
I mean don't think I'm not just as shocked and possibly disgusted by Trump bringing penis size into the national election cycle. Actually I can't really begrudge Trump that tangent, "Little Marco" DID start it. (sorry Aman)

The only thing that's more disgusting is voting for a liberal, or the though of one becoming president.

<WHARF>

Actually that's not true, there's plenty more things more disgusting than Trump. I can see many upsides to his presidency.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-08 19:50:51  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
With how ridiculous the whole primaries shitshow is, I'd be surprised that bragging about one's own *** size didn't bring in consensus too.
I'm waiting to see how Hillary measures up.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-08 19:53:18  
Josiahkf said: »
It is so pathetic. It really is.
it really is.

If your country elects Trump as their President I will be extremely disappointed in America because I believed as a nation you guys were above that behavior and it was just a small minority that behaved so insanely.

Any other candidate on either side won't be 1/10th as disappointing as him being elected.

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-08 22:19:26  

OR WAS IT
The Donald is not the kind of person to rise above that bait. He has been defensive about his hand size forever. Search that part yourself.

And let's face it, for the vast majority of presidential candidates, anytime, any country, its ALL about Richard size.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-08 22:49:15  
GOP shoots itself in a veteran's prosthetic foot.

NRSC deletes tweet attacking Tammy Duckworth for 'not standing up for our veterans'
Politico

Quote:
The National Republican Senatorial Committee tweeted Tuesday that Illinois Senate Democratic candidate Tammy Duckworth, who lost both her legs while serving in the Iraq War, "has a sad record of not standing up for our veterans."

Her campaign shot back immediately, calling the tweet "tasteless and dishonest, just like everything else to do with Mark Kirk’s flailing campaign."

"Tammy has made fighting for veterans her life’s work, and will continue to so in the Senate,” said Matt McGrath, the campaign's spokesman.

The NRSC deleted the tweet within minutes of posting it. The committee acknowledged that the tweet was a mistake, according to an NRSC aide, but renewed its attack on Duckworth.

"It would be great if reporters would pay as much attention to a deleted tweet as they should to Tammy Duckworth being sued by VA whistleblowers for ignoring claims of mistreatment and corruption," said Andrea Bozek, spokeswoman for the NRSC.

Sen. Mark Kirk, considered one of the most vulnerable Senate Republican incumbents, will likely face Duckworth in the general election.

Republicans have criticized Duckworth for an ongoing lawsuit about her time at the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs and for allegations that she used her position to build her political career.

In November 2004, a rocket-propelled grenade hit the Blackhawk helicopter that Duckworth was piloting. She wrote in an essay for POLITICO Magazine in August 2015 that her "right leg was vaporized."

"[M]y left leg was crushed and shredded against the instrument panel," she wrote. "My pilot in command miraculously brought down the helicopter safely. I went from being the most senior member on board to the weakest."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-09 09:13:08  
Obama skipping Nancy Reagan's funeral to go speak at tech festival

Quote:
President Barack Obama will not attend Nancy Reagan‘s funeral this Friday, keeping his originally scheduled appearance as a keynote speaker at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive festival. First Lady Michelle Obama, who is scheduled to speak at SXSW on Wednesday, will attend the funeral.

“The president will not attend” Mrs. Reagan’s funeral, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Tuesday. “The president is actually traveling in Texas on Friday.”

The SXSW Interactive Festival is an annual symposium for digital startups and emerging technologies that takes place each year in Austin, Texas, concurrently with a film and music festival.

According to SXSW’s website:

[The president] will sit down with Editor in Chief of The Texas TribuneEvan Smith for a conversation about civic engagement in the 21st Century before an audience of creators, early adopters and entrepreneurs who are defining the future of our connected lives. The President will call on the audience to apply their ideas and talents to make technology work for us – especially when it comes to tackling big challenges like increasing participation in the political process and fighting climate change.

After the event, President Obama will travel to Dallas, Texas, where he will stay the night.

The president courted outrage just a few weeks ago, when he did not attend the funeral of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, though he did appear at a memorial service. He also did not attend the funeral of First Lady Betty Ford in 2011, though Michelle Obama did.

Why should we be surprised?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-09 09:15:55  
Why is it a big deal? He didn't go to Scalia's because the family asked him not to, they didn't want to deal with the Secret Service detail that was involved. Fake outrage commence.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-09 09:22:56  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Why is it a big deal? He didn't go to Scalia's because the family asked him not to, they didn't want to deal with the Secret Service detail that was involved. Fake outrage commence.
Nothing wrong with the president not attending the funeral by the request of the family. Is that the case this time? I'm pretty sure that the Reagan family did not ask that, this was the president's decision to not attend this funeral. If the Reagan family did ask Obama not to come, then why is Michelle going?

Will Michelle get the same treatment for her funeral? If a Republican is president at that time, I'm 100% positive that they would be called racist for not attending her funeral.

No, this is blatant disrespect towards a former first lady. I'm pretty sure that if Rosalynn Carter were to die today, he would cancel everything to go to her funeral.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-09 09:25:41  
It is so pathetic. It really is. Open up Facebook and you have to scroll through 35 articles or posts comparing Donald Trump supporters to the rise of the Nazis. If the fools on the left would wake up and ignore the (R) in front of his name, they would realize that Donald Trump is Bernie Sanders minus the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tax policy and free college, but with an actual resume of accomplishment and real life experience.
Ha.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-09 09:33:21  
Its not disrespect, its nothing. The first lady is going to represent the Obamas, common practice. Fake outrage on full.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-09 09:36:04  
In political news...

Trump vs Bernie
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-09 09:39:54  
nytimes has some nice maps...I didn't even know they were still in business

maps
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-09 09:44:17  
Its not disrespect, its nothing. The first lady is going to represent the Obamas, common practice. Fake outrage on full.
Then we should totally dismiss Michelle Obama, in your viewpoint.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-09 09:51:56  
Never said that, and I'm not interested in predicting the future. I'll leave that to the conspiracy theorists.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-09 09:55:52  
Never said that, and I'm not interested in predicting the future. I'll leave that to the conspiracy theorists.
Then let's go with a hypothetical question:

On December 8th, 2022, Michelle Obama dies. The Republican president does not attend her funeral. Does that make the president racist?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-09 09:57:47  
Nope. Any other stupid questions?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-09 09:59:35  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Read.

I'm not interested in predicting the future. I'll leave that to the conspiracy theorists.
Which is why I go with the hypothetical.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-09 10:00:54  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Then we should totally dismiss Michelle Obama, in your viewpoint.

and then we'll say Na-na na-na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo....

if you think it's a *** move with no class then why would you mimic it?

two wrongs don't make a right.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-09 10:01:29  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nothing wrong with the president not attending the funeral by the request of the family. Is that the case this time? I'm pretty sure that the Reagan family did not ask that, this was the president's decision to not attend this funeral. If the Reagan family did ask Obama not to come, then why is Michelle going?

Will Michelle get the same treatment for her funeral? If a Republican is president at that time, I'm 100% positive that they would be called racist for not attending her funeral.

No, this is blatant disrespect towards a former first lady. I'm pretty sure that if Rosalynn Carter were to die today, he would cancel everything to go to her funeral.

You're taking Vic's word on the scalia funeral?
First Page 2 3 ... 1324 1325 1326 ... 1375 1376 1377