Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1321 1322 1323 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:23:36  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
No one is acting like that. Just because no one wants a dead end career doesn't mean they want things handed to them. Pretty much any career path is a far better option than working in a factory for 30 years.

You are asking for everything to be handed to you. Don't pretend you are not. Save your money and go to college. It is not hard.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-08 00:25:18  
lol
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-08 00:25:37  
Again no one is asking for anything to be handed to them, not one person. No idea where you are getting it from but its far from the truth.

Edit- what did you do rearrange your sentences? Didn't the head mod as you call him ask you not to do that? They can see your edits you know that right? Its not like it helped your fictitious argument.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:25:55  
Excellent rebuttal, Fail.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:26:54  
Again no one is asking for anything to be handed to them, not one person. No idea where you are getting it from but its far from the truth.

Cool, so you and Pleebo are not asking for college to be free or defending the ones who are? Glad we just spent 3-4 pages on that.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-08 00:28:19  
Altimaomega said: »

Cool, so you and Pleebo are not asking for college to be free. Glad we just spent 3-4 pages on that.

Nope. Never have I asked for college to be free. Glad you got that cleared up.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-08 00:29:13  
Excellent rebuttal, Fail.
I'm not arguing I'm literally laughing my *** off.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:32:04  
Josiahkf said: »
Altima you need to learn to accept that the only difference between you and someone far far less successful is luck. You were simply lucky enough to be handed countless opportunities that many will never get. It's that simple.

Both of you could work equally hard but that will never be enough. That's just how the world works, and why we fight so hard for the people who lack our opportunities.

You have zero idea about my life and the many set backs I have had and worked through. It must be nice to rely on assumptions to justify how you think the world works and that everything boils down to luck.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-08 00:38:48  
You have zero idea about my life and the many set backs I have had and worked through. It must be nice to rely on assumptions to justify how you think the world works and that everything boils down to luck.
Meanwhile, everyone else is a moocher. A world exists outside of your own personal experiences.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:40:42  
Altima you need to learn to accept that the only difference between you and someone far far less successful is luck. You were simply lucky enough to be handed countless opportunities that many will never get. It's that simple.

Both of you could work equally hard but that will never be enough. That's just how the world works, and why we fight so hard for the people who lack our opportunities.

You're wrong. I know enough from what you've said on this site; Both you and I have had far more opportunities in life than the majority of human beings.

You need to wake up from this idea you have regarding hard work and success when the world isn't that simple.

In America or the world? You sure sound like you need to use the world as an example. Every American has had the exact opportunities I have had if not more.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Meanwhile, everyone else is a moocher. A world exists outside of your own personal experiences.
All the sudden the World comes into play.. Interesting.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-08 00:43:21  
Every American has had the exact opportunities I have had if not more.
Jesus F. Christ, no.

And just to preempt where I think you're going with this, I said a world.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:44:52  
I seem to have a stalker.

Guess the mindset of thinking success is luck goes hand in hand with the mindset of wanting hand-outs. "You did't build that" I deserve my fair share!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:50:45  
I get them on here as well, best to just block them as your patience needs.

I meant in the way of him knowing all the "opportunities I have had and not had"

Good advice though. He doesn't bother me, I just think of him as a lost puppy.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:53:32  

Guess the mindset of thinking success is luck goes hand in hand with the mindset of wanting hand-outs. "You did't build that" I deserve my fair share!
Sorry I missed the edit, wasn't ignoring ya.

The mindset of "anyone can work hard and get what I have" is the problem. Because the only reason you had all the opportunities you had was luck: Being lucky enough to be born in a majority group of people, often many times over. (like being white, well off family, safe part of the world etc)

The edits have been flying lately no biggie.

I am well aware how lucky I am to live in America.
In America your family doesn't need to be well off, you don't even need one to take advantage of everything I have been saying. And yes, with hard work in America you will be better off than most of the world.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-08 00:55:30  
I meant in the way of him knowing all the "opportunities I have had and not had"
You literally just presumed everyone in the country has had the same opportunities as you have had, an idea that is simply impossible. How can you misinterpret your own words?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-08 00:57:10  
Are tuition prices insane? Absolutely. Should the rich get taxed out of their minds to pay for people to go to college? Absolutely not. The system needs changing for sure, but I can't see anyone providing a reasonable solution yet.

It does make it hard to present a solution when so many people are:
1. Incredibly stupid when it comes to managing money.
2. Incredibly stupid when it comes to picking colleges and majors.
3. Lazy.
4. All of the above.

I grew up poor and obtained a degree from a reputable university without a single scholarship about 3-4 years ago. What are my student loans at today? Zero dollars.

Meanwhile, the sister of one of my friends is double majoring at a super expensive private college and is in year 8 without a degree in sight, all while I shed a single tear for whoever is footing the bill for that mess.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 00:58:24  
You literally just presumed everyone in the country has had the same opportunities as you have had, an idea that is simply impossible. How can you misinterpret your own words?

Who doesn't?
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 01:01:03  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Are tuition prices insane? Absolutely. Should the rich get taxed out of their minds to pay for people to go to college? Absolutely not. The system needs changing for sure, but I can't see anyone providing a reasonable solution yet.

It does make it hard to present a solution when so many people are:
1. Incredibly stupid when it comes to managing money.
2. Incredibly stupid when it comes to picking colleges and majors.
3. Lazy.
4. All of the above.

I grew up poor and obtained a degree from a reputable university without a single scholarship about 3-4 years ago. What are my student loans at today? Zero dollars.

Meanwhile, the sister of one of my friends is double majoring at a super expensive private college and is in year 8 without a degree in sight, all while I shed a single tear for whoever is footing the bill for that mess.

Nothing but luck! Good thing you are white or else you'd be in the gutter somewhere dying from starvation because "life hard".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-08 01:06:02  

Who doesn't?
Who doesn't... have the same opportunities?

Ok, you just said you're lucky to live in America, which is refreshing in its self-awareness. Now extend that same thinking to a system that only includes the U.S. Can you honestly say that everywhere in this country is afflicted with the same set of circumstances you've been?
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 01:08:38  
The reasonable solution is better support in place for students, that's all. If not a price changed for secondary school and interest rates on student loans were just kept below 1%, a lot more people could afford to go to school.

Whoa now slow down. We don't do reasonable around here, its either extreme or crazy extreme!
By Altimaomega 2016-03-08 01:13:51  

Who doesn't?
Who doesn't... have the same opportunities?

Ok, you just said you're lucky to live in America, which is refreshing in its self-awareness. Now extend that same thinking to a system that only includes the U.S. Can you honestly say that everywhere in this country is afflicted with the same set of circumstances you've been?

No, every state is different. I live in Michigan. Affirmative action rules our fate. Being a white heterosexual male is about as unlucky as it gets.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-08 01:21:37  
lol

Fight the man then. Get out from under that black/*** hand of oppression. Bootstraps for days!

And if all else fails, just run away.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1321 1322 1323 ... 1375 1376 1377