Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1297 1298 1299 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-03-01 12:49:18  
Kevin Hart is actually good compared to say this person:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By maldini 2016-03-01 12:53:00  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
maldini said: »
Beasts of no Nation > any other movie in 2015.
The kid who played Agu has more talent than all Oscar winners combined.
How is that everyone marveled at Mcully Culkin in Home Alone, the kid who played the AI in AI, but no one makes mention of this genius kid?

That movie was physically difficult for me to watch through man. It was brilliant and the fact that Netflix snapped it up was a genius bit on their part.

It had been so long since I watched a movie that actually made me feel entertained and not sedated. I became actually invested in the characters' well-being. I actually remembered what it was like to see something new, different, strange, alien... isn't that immersion what movies should be about?

I think the last time I felt that immersed and invested was when I saw Shawshank redemption for the first time as a teenager.

Great, great movie!
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-01 13:04:14  
I thought morris dees and the SPLC sued the kkk into submission a long time ago... I was surprised to see them pop up in the news.

should have gone to disneyland
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-01 13:05:13  
Altimaomega said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm sorry but the rebutall against Trump's pandering to racist extremists is that Beyonce danced threateningly. That's just *** hilarious.

You mean rebuttal... The hilarious part is you people thinking Trump cares about the KKK voting for him. When this whole thing is just meant to degrade his candidacy. The moment it was brought up he disavowed it but reporters just keep asking about it so low information voters get saturated with Trump being supported by the KKK.

Politics and the Media 101.

I'm sure Trump is absolutely desperate for those estimated 3,000-8,000 votes. Wooo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-01 13:20:32  
Yet his supporters seem absolutely desperate to defend him playing dumb about it. Go fig
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-01 13:29:49  
Meanwhile, at an undisclosed major news outlet:

Editor: "Guys, I know we've been taking every small, stupid thing Trump says or does and making it headline news, giving him free publicity and helping to skyrocket his popularity... but I'm 100% positive that we've got him this time!"

*High five exchange*
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-01 13:46:17  
The open support by white supremesists is neither small nor stupid. It's indicative of a political platform that appeals to the worst aspects of human character.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-01 13:50:28  
The open support of white supremesists is neither small nor stupid. It's indicative of a political platform that appeals to the worst aspects of human character.

Find the quote where Donald Trump admits that he supports white supremacists. I'll wait.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-01 13:51:49  
Sorry, I meant by white supremesists.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-01 14:02:15  
Oh, okay. So should we blow over the fact that the Black Panthers endorsed Obama? Or, you know, is that cool because they're black and Democrat....
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-01 14:09:05  
We are not allowed to speak about hypocrisy around here Rav..
They think it is an insult and get all upset.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-01 14:32:57  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh, okay. So should we blow over
the fact that the Black Panthers endorsed Obama? Or, you know, is that cool because they're black and Democrat....

Did Obama claim not to know who the Panthers were? Trumps feigning ignorance to snap up some white supremacist votes. He knows exactly who Duke is because he spoke about him in 2000, calling him a racist.

You can continue to excuse blatant lies to defend your 'side' but I'll have none of it. Both sides doesn't apply here.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-01 14:35:14  
It isn't even a gotcha moment when Marco Rubio called Trump on his ***. It's just more fuel that Trump can directly lie and obfuscate the truth and supporters will cover it with more "telling it like it is".
By Altimaomega 2016-03-01 14:37:34  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Calling someone an hypocrite by putting words he didn't say in his mouth is indeed using it as an insult.

Case in point

Did I ever say it's ok for people being paid cents or a few dollars daily in other countries?

No, you never "say" anything. You insinuate a lot..

It's certainly not ok, far from it, but that's how things are right now. It's a bubble that is bound to burst eventually especially with the industrialization of China.
Screw trying to change it for the better! Let's just stomp our feet and make hypocritical statements!

I never said it's ok, you insinuated I said that which is completely false. So that's using the term incorrectly to insult me.

Every single time you buy something from overseas you are saying it is Okay.

You don't want to bring business back home. You are saying it is Okay.

Your actions speak louder than words. Anyone with half a brain can see your hypocrisy. It reasserts itself even more when every single leftist hypocrite on this site jumped on me for calling this crap out.

Seriously. 95% of all the things coming from the left on this site is hypocrisy it is sicking.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-01 14:42:45  
Oh, okay. So should we blow over
the fact that the Black Panthers endorsed Obama? Or, you know, is that cool because they're black and Democrat....

Did Obama claim not to know who the Panthers were? Trumps feigning ignorance to snap up some white supremacist votes. He knows exactly who Duke is because he spoke about him in 2000, calling him a racist.

You can continue to excuse blatant lies to defend your 'side' but I'll have none of it. Both sides doesn't apply here.

Uh, the equivalent would be Obama not knowing the name of a former leader of the Panthers, not his awareness of the group in general. Trump has enough material to cause one to question his ability to lead the nation and yes, he screwed up with his answer, but freaking out over candidates' responses to gotcha questions is just getting old.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-01 14:43:16  
Shocking how this KKK thing just appears out of nowhere right before super Tuesday. The Media and the GOP are riding it like a rodeo bull.

They don't even realize they are about to get bucked off and given the horns.

They're in abject panic mode. Throwing every PC weapon at the guy they can think of. But it won't work, because they didn't create him so they cannot destroy him.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-01 14:44:41  
Oh, okay. So should we blow over the fact that the Black Panthers endorsed Obama? Or, you know, is that cool because they're black and Democrat....
True, can't always pick your supporters. I'll concede that point. But what he was asked wasn't a gotcha question. All he had to do was condemn their support. Instead he just bought some time to weight his words with his strategists, because, hey, every vote counts.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-01 14:47:08  
Sorry, I meant by white supremesists.

Remember when the racist and anti semite reverend wright endorsed obama? Remember when Obama said he couldn't dismiss him any more than he could his own grandmother?

Good times.

Trump literally dismised the David Duke endorsement two days prior to that Sunday show when he said he had to look into it. That's way more than Obama did.

But that doesn't count because Obama's black and stuff. He gets a different standard because of his skin color. Somehow that isn't racist to liberals.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-01 14:49:14  
And it somehow doesn't matter that Trump has run his campaign on disparaging other races because he's "telling it like it is" which might as well be a dogwhistle for catering to the lowest of the American low.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-01 14:49:18  
Damn it Nausi.. Stop being racist!

And it somehow doesn't matter that Trump Obama has run his campaign on disparaging other races because he's "telling it like it is" which might as well be a dogwhistle for catering to the lowest of the American low.

Had to fix that..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-01 14:53:54  
And it somehow doesn't matter that Trump has run his campaign on disparaging other races because he's "telling it like it is" which might as well be a dogwhistle for catering to the lowest of the American low.

Keep calling him racist. It's worked great so far.

He isn't racist. The end. He's spouted more time than I can count that he loves the blacks, he loves the Latinos, he loves the middle easterners, he loves the Jews. What more do you want?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-01 14:54:45  
Obama disparaged races? Because the world celebrating what a great speaker and unifier he was during the '08 campaign would like a word with you. People held celebrations, the global community was proud of us electing our first black president considering our past. Something thought impossible happened and a helluva lot of white voters agreed.

It was a moment to remember. ***even Nelson Mandela and most of the world offered their Congratulations in one way or another.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-01 14:58:07  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Keep calling him racist. It's worked great so far.

He isn't racist. The end. He's spouted more time than I can count that he loves the blacks, he loves the Latinos, he loves the middle easterners, he loves the Jews. What more do you want?

All Trump can do is lie and make promises like the slimy salesman he is. He's changed his positions so many times on so many issues and hearing "I love the blacks" is hilarious on how tone deaf it is if you're trying to convince people you look past race.

It's like going around saying "I love the whites" lol. What the *** does that even mean? Maybe instead of talking, he should demonstrate through action.

Is he pro-life? Pro-choice? For big government? For limited government? He's whatever his audience needs him to be.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-01 14:59:07  
Obama disparaged races? Because the world celebrating what a great speaker and unifier he was during the '08 campaign would like a word with you. People held celebrations, the global community was proud of us electing our first black president considering our past. Something thought impossible happened and a helluva lot of white voters agreed.

It was a moment to remember. ***even Nelson Mandela and most of the world offered their Congratulations in one way or another.
Yeah race relations have totally not taken a nosedive under the Obama presidency.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-01 14:59:42  

If only Obama the '08 candidate was even remotely like Obama the president. Then again, some of us saw right through him from the beginning.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-01 15:00:48  
I never said people that voted for him are smart or even care about the country or the things he said. They voted for him for the exact reason you state.

People held celebrations, the global community was proud of us electing our first black president considering our past. Something thought impossible happened and a helluva lot of white voters agreed.

Turned out real well didn't it..
Well it has for Trump..
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-01 15:01:42  
Are you really comparing the Black Panthers to the KKK? The only parallel is that both are involved in a struggle based (mostly) on race.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
He's spouted more time than I can count that he loves the blacks, he loves the Latinos, he loves the middle easterners, he loves the Jews. What more do you want?
protip: Spouting that you love minorities doesn't mean ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 1297 1298 1299 ... 1375 1376 1377