Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1269 1270 1271 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 11:47:57  
There altima goes again claiming he disproved someone when in fact he did not, as per usual. The Dems aren't doing anything to turn this into "politics." Obama hasn't nominated anyone, and fox news is spinning up all kinds of doomsday scenarios to make it seem like the President is the bad guy in this, when nothing has even happened.
The only people that are misbehaving are the Republicans saying they are going to filibuster any confirmation vote, Scalia's body wasn't even cold and they were threatening to filibuster. It wasn't the first thing out of their mouths, but it sure was the second.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 11:51:21  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Good thing his ethnicity wasn't relevant in his confirmation for the DC circuit of appeals and wouldn't be relevant in his confirmation to the SCOTUS.

No it wouldn't be relevent. I don't care one bit about his ethnicity. I care that neither of his parents and He was not born in the USA.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Altima would vote for Hillary before Ted Cruz because he's Canadian born and his father is Canadian Cuban.

I don't want to vote for Ted Cruz I am just going to be given no choice in the matter. At the very least his mother was born in America, and Cruz was raised American. These things cannot be said for Sri.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 11:52:35  
Sorry vic, elections have consequences.

2014 happened, no SJC nominations are the results.

Checks and balances isn't "misbehaving".
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 11:54:24  
Where was he raised? Where did he get his education? How is he viewed by his peers? What cases has he worked on? What cases has he argued in front of the Supreme Court? These are more important questions than "Where were your parents born." At some point, every US citizen was the child of an immigrant. It wasn't a factor in his confirmation to the 2nd highest court in the land.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 11:55:54  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Yeah thats ***. Enjoy spinning that lie for the next few months. Are you implying had Scalia died in 2015 the Supreme Court would still have 8 justices? Go ahead and imply that nausi. Now I'm off to see Deadpool.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 11:56:53  
There altima goes again claiming he disproved someone when in fact he did not, as per usual. The Dems aren't doing anything to turn this into "politics." Obama hasn't nominated anyone, and fox news is spinning up all kinds of doomsday scenarios to make it seem like the President is the bad guy in this, when nothing has even happened.
The only people that are misbehaving are the Republicans saying they are going to filibuster any confirmation vote, Scalia's body wasn't even cold and they were threatening to filibuster. It wasn't the first thing out of their mouths, but it sure was the second.

Seriously, you are seriously saying that the democrats and Obama are not playing politics right now? Dunno why I even try. The only thing I posted here from fox news was the President playing politics about the issue!

Nice lie, I disproved you for 3 pages straight and you continue to lie in order to save face.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 11:57:26  

Yeah thats ***. Enjoy spinning that lie for the next few months. Are you implying had Scalia died in 2015 the Supreme Court would still have 8 justices? Go ahead and imply that nausi. Now I'm off to see Deadpool.

1st, what's the lie? That 2014 happened? or that congress has the power to deny a court nomination?

Schumer pointed this out back in 2007 when there was 18 months left to go in Bush's second term.

Keep kicking and screaming. Enjoy Deadpool, it was pretty great.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 11:57:55  
Where was he raised? Where did he get his education? How is he viewed by his peers? What cases has he worked on? What cases has he argued in front of the Supreme Court? These are more important questions than "Where were your parents born." At some point, every US citizen was the child of an immigrant. It wasn't a factor in his confirmation to the 2nd highest court in the land.

No it wasn't.

Once again you are the one lying and failing to understand someones post in order to make yourself feel.. I dunno.. I don't know why you do it..

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 12:03:23  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Altimaomega said: »
I don't want to vote for Ted Cruz I am just going to be given no choice in the matter. At the very least his mother was born in America, and Cruz was raised American. These things cannot be said for Sri.

Define being raised American ... ?

Having American Born parents, while living in America.. Damn that was hard.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:03:48  
I am not Going to Repeat myself for you AGAIN.

god I wish that were true...
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 12:04:44  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I am not Going to Repeat myself for you AGAIN.

god I wish that were true...

To be clear. Because you people are insane and fail at reading.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:06:18  
Because you people are insane

you keep saying that as if it were a bad thing...

insanity is way more fun!
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:10:10  
Having American Born parents, while living in America.. Damn that was hard.

talk about reading issues...

Fun Facts

The second supreme court chief justice was the son of an immigrant.

John Rutlege

In altimaworld he would have been disqualified.

you're pulling these "rules" straight out of your *** and then wondering why people assume racism....
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 12:24:39  

Seriously, you are seriously saying that the democrats and Obama are not playing politics right now? Dunno why I even try. The only thing I posted here from fox news was the President playing politics about the issue!

Nice lie, I disproved you for 3 pages straight and you continue to lie in order to save face.
Telling Congress to fullfill their constitutional duty is playing politics. Lol.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-17 12:25:04  
Because you people are insane

you keep saying that as if it were a bad thing...

insanity is way more fun!

Which is still why we should all vote for Cthulhu.

A vote for Cthulhu is a vote for madness!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 12:28:17  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Telling Congress to fullfill their constitutional duty is playing politics. Lol.

Their congressional duty is to be a check and balance of the president's SJC nomination.

Playing politics is the president characterizing that duty as "partisan obstructionism".
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 12:33:50  
They can be *** all they want but rejecting any candidate sight unseen is purely obstructionist ***.

If only Obama could bring the parties together. Most devisive President evar!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:37:14  
They can be *** all they want

you're darn tootin we can!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 12:38:08  
They can be *** all they want but rejecting any candidate sight unseen is purely obstructionist ***.

If only Obama could bring the parties together. Most devisive President evar!

As I said, elections have consequences. 2014 happened purely because obama is such a ***.

Obama is just as obstructionist because he doesn't want to nominate a hardcore conservative. If you think he would consider it, than you're dumber than I thought.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-17 12:38:13  
Their congressional duty is to be a check and balance of the president's SJC nomination.

Categorically refusing to consider any candidate based on the man who appoints them and not on the candidate's merits is, in fact, obstructionist and counter to their duty. The election of a Republican congress did not in any way, shape, or form invalidate Obama's election and duties in his office, nor did it somehow instruct him to perform contrary to the platform upon which he was elected (he does that enough already).

It is the president's job to appoint.

It is their job to weigh the merits of the individual appointee.

Their mistake is really the grandstanding. If they'd shut their mouths and wait for the appointment reviews they'd get to nitpick and pick and choose to what and why they object. They could at least take the time to intelligently fabricate and assassinate the appointee's character in a coherent fashion.

Publically, categorically objecting isn't just grandstanding, it's grandstanding in the dumbest way to appeal to the dumbest people.

Apparently it's working though.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:40:57  
and speaking of being ***, I just wish the congress had some big old brass balls to go along with it instead of always acting like a bunch of pussies all the time...

the knocking over the game board and spilling the pieces everywhere and then pouting is getting really really really old
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 12:42:10  
Ramyrez said: »

Where is this written? The constitution says:

"he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint ... Judges of the supreme Court..."

Congress is refusing to give that consent. It is entirely within their power. Checks and balances.

Sorry kids, being elected president doesn't mean you get everything you want. One would think everyone here would recognize this power, especially when Trump or some other conservative is gonna kick Hillary's *** come November.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 12:43:07  
and speaking of being ***, I just wish the congress had some big old brass balls to go along with it instead of always acting like a bunch of pussies all the time...

the knocking over the game board and spilling the pieces everywhere and then pouting is getting really really really old

Trump and Cruz polling a combined clear majority would disagree.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-17 12:45:14  

Mitch McConnell Inflates Throat Pouch In Show Of Dominance Over Fellow Congressional Males

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:45:51  
Trump and Cruz polling a combined clear majority would disagree.

everyone disagrees with me nausi... I'm a cantankerous old ***!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-17 12:46:48  
Ramyrez said: »

Where is this written? The constitution says:

"he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint ... Judges of the supreme Court..."

Congress is refusing to give that consent. It is entirely within their power. Checks and balances.

Sorry kids, being elected president doesn't mean you get everything you want. One would think everyone here would recognize this power, especially when Trump or some other conservative is gonna kick Hillary's *** come November.

I'm sorry, you're right. I used standard jargon and did not apply nitpicky specific language on an internet forum, *** me right?

Fine. Dodge the point through semantics.

It is the president's duty to nominate someone for the position and congress' job to review that nominee for appointment to the position.

For ***'s sake.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 12:51:15  
Obama is just as obstructionist because he doesn't want to nominate a hardcore conservative.
Oh god lol. That sentence is brain-dead. Just... yikes.

Is the plan to stall the nomination for after Trump is sworn in? Because it might be hard to draw this out until hell freezes over.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1269 1270 1271 ... 1375 1376 1377