Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1213 1214 1215 ... 1375 1376 1377
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 12:32:15  
I'm saving for a reproduction 'old west' revolver, watch me get denied after all that ranting last night. Lol
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-21 12:36:01  
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-01-21 12:48:29  
Guns or no guns, arguments like the one above are dumb.

Stop trying to equate two unlike things. It's dumb and you know it. It's also why gun nuts are as dumb and panicky as those who think we can just ban all guns.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-21 12:49:48  
It's about as dumb as the anti-hcm arguments are.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-21 13:26:37  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm saving for a reproduction 'old west' revolver, watch me get denied after all that ranting last night. Lol

Don't worry I got a real one I'll sell you. *wink*wink..

Ramyrez said: »
What's sort of ironic is that if you're anti-gun control, but ardently pro-life, and claim to be in favor of "small government," you're so full of ***you have e-coli bursting out of your eyeballs and don't even realize it.

We have a tendency in this country to boil things down to a few key issues and passive-aggressively wedge all the others issues into those "choice" issues in awkward ways, sometimes with varying degrees of guile.

Just wondering if you realize you did that or not..
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-21 13:28:48  
Altimaomega said: »
Just wondering if you realize you did that or not..

Verily.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 13:31:09  
A real S&W Model 3 Schofield? See, I don't have that kind of money. Furthermore you can't shoot factory ammo through it, it's .45 S&W Schofield, not .45 Long Colt and it has to be lubricated cast lead bullets with black powder propellant which is an inconvenience. Would love to have one though. >.>
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 13:37:51  
A real S&W Model 3 Schofield? See, I don't have that kind of money. Furthermore you can't shoot factory ammo through it, it's .45 S&W Schofield, not .45 Long Colt and it has to be lubricated cast lead bullets with black powder propellant which is an inconvenience. Would love to have one though. >.>

The Model 3's the only gun I own that I'd never sell. It's a pain to get ammo for, so it sits in a nice display case my nephew made for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-21 13:41:52  
Well now it's finally happen. I'm very skeptical of Trump now. I was ok to meh at least he's not Hillary for the longest time to ugh stop pandering to the lowest common denominator (you couldn't really do that, etc.), but now I'm skeptical. Thanks to Palin's endorsement, I'm officially worried. So get it together Rubio, or Paul (but that would take some serious turnaround now).

Not that I preferred him to begin with at all (I helped Paul), but he was always a better choice than Hillary...

Looking at you too Bernie, you better keep that momentum going.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 13:43:20  
Bahamut.Omael said: »

The Model 3's the only gun I own that I'd never sell. It's a pain to get ammo for, so it sits in a nice display case my nephew made for it.
Which model 3 do you have?
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 13:59:27  

It's the second model, with the circle at the top of the latch. I'm not sure if my dad or granddad messed with the serial numbers, but there's a 25 and what looks like maybe a 6 or 8. The fourth number's unreadable. We had two in the family, but my older brother sold his years ago. If I could, I'd look into getting this one, but I'm not paying that.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 14:01:36  

It's the second model, with the circle at the top of the latch. I'm not sure if my dad or granddad messed with the serial numbers, but there's a 25 and what looks like maybe a 6 or 8. The fourth number's unreadable. We had two in the family, but my older brother sold his years ago. If I could, I'd look into getting this one, but I'm not paying that.
Ehh, I dunno. .44 American is hard to come by. More so than .44 Russian or .45 Schofield.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 14:05:14  

Ehh, I dunno. .44 American is hard to come by. More so than .44 Russian or .45 Schofield.

I'd just like to get it for display, really. I've got the three guns I need, and two more for fun.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-21 14:06:14  
Personally I want a Webley 1896 W.G. Army Revolver "Webley Green."

Because Indiana *** Jones.

Edit: Sadly, the only one for sale on the site you listed there is ~$3.5k and appears to be the "other" version, not the Green.

Maybe someday though.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-21 14:12:15  

Na, its just a Colt M1873 Revolver. Schofields are a little to new for my taste.. xD
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-21 14:13:49  
I have a Lugar that my great uncle picked up during his tour in Europe (which included storming the beaches of Normandy). I don't know the specifics other than the firing pin is removed and it seems to have Nazi bloodstains on it.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-21 14:14:07  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Well now it's finally happen. I'm very skeptical of Trump now. I was ok to meh at least he's not Hillary for the longest time to ugh stop pandering to the lowest common denominator (you couldn't really do that, etc.), but now I'm skeptical. Thanks to Palin's endorsement, I'm officially worried. So get it together Rubio, or Paul (but that would take some serious turnaround now).

Not that I preferred him to begin with at all (I helped Paul), but he was always a better choice than Hillary...

Looking at you too Bernie, you better keep that momentum going.

What about Palin endorsing Trump has you more skeptical than before? It was inevitable, I'm kinda glad they got it out of the way early.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I have a Lugar that my great uncle picked up during his tour in Europe (which included storming the beaches of Normandy). I don't know the specifics other than the firing pin is removed and it seems to have Nazi bloodstains on it.

Confirmed Nazi bloodstains!?! Or could it be ketchup?
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 14:14:35  

Edit: Sadly, the only one for sale on the site you listed there is ~$3.5k and appears to be the "other" version, not the Green.

Maybe someday though.

Think of it as an investment. An investment in freedom.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 14:16:17  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

There might be a gunsmith near you that could help you restore it to working order again. I'm pretty sure they'll leave the Nazi bloodstains on it if you ask them to.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 14:20:05  

Maybe someday though.
I like the Webley & Scott Mk IV. The one that was kinda stolen by Enfield. >.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 14:24:04  
My youngest brother got this monstrosity for Christmas. When I asked him why that thing, he looked me square in the eye and said "Homophobes." That convinced me.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-21 14:24:16  
Confirmed Nazi bloodstains!?! Or could it be ketchup?
It may be Nazi ketchup! He also bequeathed me some Nazi medals and a bomber pilot cap, which has bloodstains on the inside of it.

There might be a gunsmith near you that could help you restore it to working order again. I'm pretty sure they'll leave the Nazi bloodstains on it if you ask them to.
Eh, I like just having it as a historical antique.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-21 14:24:23  

Maybe someday though.

Think of it as an investment. An investment in freedom.

An investment in living a fantasy, more like. Which is, again, fine with me.

I'm not against firearms by any means.

I just want people to be honest about why they have them.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-21 14:25:43  
My youngest brother got this monstrosity for Christmas. When I asked him why that thing, he looked me square in the eye and said "Homophobes." That convinced me.

In line with what I just said, I see no sensible reason a citizen ever needs to own something like this.

It doesn't really stop me from eying it with avarice, though.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-21 14:30:00  

I have mine because people are animals.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-21 14:33:43  

That's fair. I own the ones I own because I watched too many westerns growing up, and sometimes you buy things you don't really need when you're bored and have money.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-21 14:33:53  
I get the personal/family protection angle.

I guess I just have a hard time seeing myself in a position where me introducing a gun does anything but escalate -- and make more dangerous -- an already bad situation.

I mean, I've got the "shooting the bad guy before they shoot a good person" mindset to, to some degree. I just can't see it realistically playing out with a happy ending despite any fanciful idea of being a hero.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-21 14:34:40  

That's fair. I own the ones I own because I watched too many westerns growing up, and sometimes you buy things you don't really need when you're bored and have money.

Yeah. Hence my desire for Indy-related firearms.

And the aforementioned lightsabers.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-21 14:38:10  
I mean, I've got the "shooting the bad guy before they shoot a good person" mindset to, to some degree. I just can't see it realistically playing out with a happy ending
You'll have a better chance of a happy ending in that situation with the DP-12 than you would without the DP-12.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 14:38:43  
I explained earlier in Ni; spiders and mice.
First Page 2 3 ... 1213 1214 1215 ... 1375 1376 1377