Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1188 1189 1190 ... 1375 1376 1377
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-02 15:29:45  
For those who don't understand; .454" is the diameter of the .45 Long Colt bullet which is the old "cowboy" round. The .454 Casull is basically .45 LC's 'magnum' round. .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum were created from heavily loaded .38 Special and .44 Special rounds, respectively, and were lengthened to prohibit a magnum shell being loaded into a gun meant for special as it could blow them apart.

.45 LC is a weak round but when loaded to .454 Casull specs, it is excessive, and dangerous, for carry as it can go through an attacker and potentially kill an innocent bystander. This is why there are "defense" rounds that expand and claw out.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-02 15:30:54  
Jassik said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
.454 long barrel revolver
Lol...

long barrel
LOL

Anything more than a .40 S&W is excessive for carry, anything more than 3"-4" is cumbersome for carry.

Also, I think it's funny how someone will down a 9mm as "weak" while carrying a revolver with .38 Special +P. 9mm is fairly close to .357 Magnum, close enough that comparing is pointless...yet their +P is "weaker" >.>

Yeah, anyone carrying a pistol that large open I assume is trying to make a statement. Couple that with an attitude and I generally just nope out.
I want to get a BFR in .45-70 to carry but it's too expensive. ; ;
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-02 16:15:43  
A shot in the back is just a more obvious indicator of whether it was defensive.
I'm inclined to go with this statement.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-02 16:31:03  
In other news I'm surprised no one has mentioned the execution of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr and the violent protests going on at the Saudi embassy in Tehran.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-02 16:39:05  
I thought about posting about it but people made it clear the past weeks they don't care much about the topic anymore.

Nonetheless it's a very important thing cause Iran is shia and got all colours of mad at this(along with Hezbollah and a bunch of other groups around the muslim world). Honestly Saudi could have avoided this, you know very well what kind of reaction you get, you should have just kept him prisoner. Makes you wonder about their intentions(or just lack of thoughtfulness).
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-02 16:43:34  
Lol...

long barrel
LOL

Anything more than a .40 S&W is excessive for carry, anything more than 3"-4" is cumbersome for carry.

Also, I think it's funny how someone will down a 9mm as "weak" while carrying a revolver with .38 Special +P. 9mm is fairly close to .357 Magnum, close enough that comparing is pointless...yet their +P is "weaker" >.>

I carry a Glock 43 single stack 9mm. It's nice and small and works great with a IWB holster
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-02 16:49:46  
Odin.Slore said: »
Lol...

long barrel
LOL

I carry a Glock 43 single stack 9mm. It's nice and small and works great with a IWB holster
I don't carry, but if I did and could find one, I'd carry a S&W Model 13 with a 3" barrel. I like revolvers.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-02 17:38:57  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I thought about posting about it but people made it clear the past weeks they don't care much about the topic anymore.

Nonetheless it's a very important thing cause Iran is shia and got all colours of mad at this(along with Hezbollah and a bunch of other groups around the muslim world). Honestly Saudi could have avoided this, you know very well what kind of reaction you get, you should have just kept him prisoner. Makes you wonder about their intentions(or just lack of thoughtfulness).
It seems like it was done intentionally to provoke, they knew the uproar it would cause.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-01-02 18:50:38  
Guy in Oklahoma is a hero. Bet those young kids will never break curfew again.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-02 20:43:35  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
shot him in the back
No, not lawful. I knew a guy in high school who broke into a guy's house and was shot in the back. I didn't follow the court case that followed but given that OK is pretty *** up when it comes to laws, it could've gone either way but no, a shot in the back isn't self defense and if you shoot someone for ringing your doorbell and running, you don't need a gun, you need mental help.
In Texas and Louisiana its legal. A few other states too. Its pretty much one foot on your property and its open season.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-03 04:31:10  
Looks like there's about 200 job openings now at a meatpacking plant in Colorado.

Quote:
Nearly 200 Muslim workers have been fired from a Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado, for walking out after a dispute over prayer breaks.

Praying five times a day is a must for many Muslims.

But Tony Aden says missing even one of those prayers over a break time dispute caused him and many others to walk away from their jobs.

"It don't matter if I don't have a job, my religion is more important," Aden told CBS News.

Cargill spokesperson Michael Martin says prayer is allowed. But he says a misunderstanding of company policy came on December 18th, when 11 workers asked for a break to pray at the same time.

"Coming from that specific work area would have disrupted the workflow so the supervisor told the employees that they could go pray, but they would have to go in smaller numbers than 11," Martin told CBS News. "It would have to be three at a time."

The following Monday, nearly 200 employees from the Muslim community didn't show up to work for three consecutive days. The company fired them all.

"There are times when accommodation is not possible," Martin said. "But in an overwhelming majority of instances, we do everything we can to ensure sure that we do accommodate employees."

Jaylani Hussein represents 150 workers who are now without a job.

"Now we are getting supervisors who are telling our clients to go home if they wanted to pray," Hussein said. "If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."

Cargill is now hiring to fill the shoes of those who walked out.

Areas have been set up at Cargill since 2009 to accommodate anyone who requested time to pray.

The Council on American Islamic Relations is currently working reach an agreement with Cargill so that those fired workers can return.
Hundreds of Muslim workers fired after dispute over prayers
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-03 04:35:32  
Looks like there's about 200 job openings now at a meatpacking plant in Colorado.

Quote:
Nearly 200 Muslim workers have been fired from a Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado, for walking out after a dispute over prayer breaks.

But Tony Aden says missing even one of those prayers over a break time dispute caused him and many others to walk away from their jobs.

"It don't matter if I don't have a job, my religion is more important," Aden told CBS News.

Cargill spokesperson Michael Martin says prayer is allowed. But he says a misunderstanding of company policy came on December 18th, when 11 workers asked for a break to pray at the same time.

"Coming from that specific work area would have disrupted the workflow so the supervisor told the employees that they could go pray, but they would have to go in smaller numbers than 11," Martin told CBS News. "It would have to be three at a time."

The following Monday, nearly 200 employees from the Muslim community didn't show up to work for three consecutive days. The company fired them all.

"There are times when accommodation is not possible," Martin said. "But in an overwhelming majority of instances, we do everything we can to ensure sure that we do accommodate employees."

"Now we are getting supervisors who are telling our clients to go home if they wanted to pray," Hussein said. "If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."

Areas have been set up at Cargill since 2009 to accommodate anyone who requested time to pray.

The Council on American Islamic Relations is currently working reach an agreement with Cargill so that those fired workers can return.
Where I come from, not showing up for work for 3 days is called "quitting" not "fired"
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-03 09:00:03  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

Quote:

Where I come from, not showing up for work for 3 days is called "quitting" not "fired"

Thank you for allowing me to your country now you must change all your ways to accommodate me or your a racist bigot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-01-03 21:40:58  

Quote:

But where you come from doesn't fit the media narritive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-03 21:42:45  
Religious freedom: not for "those" people
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-01-03 21:46:20  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
My religion says pleebo has to pay me 1 million dollars a year,.

When shall I pick up my check Pleebo? Or don't you believe in freedom of religion?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-03 22:12:14  
Sounds like a costly religon to me.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-03 22:29:15  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

When shall I pick up my check Pleebo? Or don't you believe in freedom of religion?

I'm guessing he subscribes to the religion of not paying you 1 million dollars a year. Freedom.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-04 02:13:46  

That is moronic.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-04 02:17:58  

That is moronic.
Freedom of religion doesn't excuse you from doing your job that you are payed to do.

Wasn't there some huge deal about some government employee that refused to marry gay people the other day? I see a lot of the same people that were against her now defending these Muslims at this work place for doing the same thing she did.

If your religion prevents you from working then maybe that is a personal problem and not your employers problem.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-04 02:29:11  
Wasn't there some huge deal about some government employee that refused to marry gay people the other day? I see a lot of the same people that were against her now defending these Muslims at this work place for doing the same thing she did.

It doesn't fit their narrative and thus isn't politically correct.

They got angry at that lady not because she's religious but because she's a Christian and they really don't like her kind. The left has a huge bias against Christians and is ambivalent to the rest. It's a left over from the Soviet subversion of the Democrat party. Religious identify, specifically Christian religious identity, was one of the things the Soviets needed to crumble before they could start a civil war in the USA to use as an opportunity for invasion. Since a full scale conflict would inevitably involve nukes, they needed a civil war to happen first so as to prevent nuclear retaliation.

The subversion was never completed and the Soviet Union collapsed before any civil war could be started, but the scars of the ideological infiltration still remain.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-01-04 02:33:11  

That is moronic.
Freedom of religion doesn't excuse you from doing your job that you are payed to do.

If your religion prevents you from working then maybe that is a personal problem and not your employers problem.
Difference is that the lady in kentucky refused to follow the law, and wouldn't let anybody she worked with issue them either. She had several chances to have accomodations made for her and she chose jail.

That being said, I side with the company in this case. They weren't refusing to let their employees pray, but instead offered a reasonable compromise of letting them take their prayer breaks in shifts, which seems like was never an issue over the last 6 years until recently.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-04 05:37:53  
Leave it to Saevel to make everyone who disagrees with him into..soviets now? lol
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-04 05:59:35  
I happen to know a lot of cool people from Russia
By Jetackuu 2016-01-04 08:07:07  
Asura.Saevel said: »

They got angry at that lady not because she's religious but because she's a Christian and they really don't like her kind. The left has a huge bias against Christians and is ambivalent to the rest. It's a left over from the Soviet subversion of the Democrat party. Religious identify, specifically Christian religious identity, was one of the things the Soviets needed to crumble before they could start a civil war in the USA to use as an opportunity for invasion. Since a full scale conflict would inevitably involve nukes, they needed a civil war to happen first so as to prevent nuclear retaliation.

The subversion was never completed and the Soviet Union collapsed before any civil war could be started, but the scars of the ideological infiltration still remain.
The drugs you're on, share.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-04 08:14:01  

The company has a requirement to reasonably accommodate their "religion" from the story it seems as though they attempted to make that accommodation, the employees refused and then even more did something dumb and staged a protest, they didn't show up to work, they deserved to be canned.

They'd have a persecution argument if accommodation wasn't attempted.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-04 10:24:43  
The first amendment has a part you are ignoring Saevel, its called the Establishment Clause.

Ms Davis, a serial adulterer in the eyes of Christ, tried to establish her religious beliefs as the law of the county. That's illegal and in violation of her oath of office.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-04 10:26:35  
Wow, it's rare for Chanti to be right.

I guess pigs do fly and hell froze over today.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-04 10:27:36  

coolest delusional post of 2016.

there are some strong contenders out there just waiting to take the mantle, but thus far, dis dat primo ***.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-04 10:28:46  
So, are we all in agreement that this time, it wasn't the company's fault, but the protesters themselves?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1188 1189 1190 ... 1375 1376 1377