Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1177 1178 1179 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-21 16:41:26  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I foolishly watched football instead of the dem debate, in retrospect I should have recorded it, as it was a boring weekend all around. did I miss anything funny?

Had it DVRed and watched yesterday.

I think the funniest thing we'll get is more Larry David skits.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-21 16:43:45  
maldini said: »
I challenge that it was the mainstream throughout the history of Islam
That would be worthy of an interesting discussion. Gonna PM.
By maldini 2015-12-21 16:45:20  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I challenge that it was the mainstream throughout the history of Islam
That would be worthy of an interesting discussion. Gonna PM.
Bring it on! Going to be a long debate though and unless you've listened to the entire series on Mu3awiyah and Yazeed and then read the material he mentions, it will take a year.
(That's how long it took me to move from where I was to where I am)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-21 16:49:52  
In some cases they have treated the women as if they did something wrong and it's appalling. Marte Dalelv, a Norwegian woman on business in Dubai, was raped by a colleague and when she reported it the cops threw her in jail for extramarital sex. Even though there was evidence that corroborated her story she received a prison sentence of sixteen months in for perjury, consensual extramarital sex and alcohol consumption. She was eventually pardoned (which means the rapist was too)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosecution_of_Marte_Dalelv

Can read the rest here, it's a joke how it was handled. She's not alone either.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-21 16:50:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Siren.Akson said: »
All I have is sympathy for those indoctrinated and shackled to religion forced upon them from birth.
You realize this happens in christian places too to varying degrees?
I swear, half the time when he goes off like that I think of the Duggars not Muslims.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-21 16:51:08  
charlo999 said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
Do we think this does or does not belong in the UK or beyond?
By maldini 2015-12-21 16:53:09  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
In some cases they have treated the women as if they did something wrong and it's appalling. Marte Dalelv, a Norwegian woman on business in Dubai, was raped by a colleague and when she reported it the cops threw her in jail for extramarital sex. Even though there was evidence that corroborated her story she received a prison sentence of sixteen months in for perjury, consensual extramarital sex and alcohol consumption. She was eventually pardoned (which means the rapist was too)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosecution_of_Marte_Dalelv

Can read the rest here, it's a joke how it was handled. She's not alone either.

This would be failure of the justice system if true (not saying it isn't). But its not failure of Islam.

Did the Force fail when Anakin Skywalker turned to the darkside?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-21 16:54:39  
Am I the only one bored out of my *** with Islam?
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-21 16:58:46  

Any violence, be it against a wife or husband or a child, has no place in any of the world's societies, period.

As a Muslim, it makes my blood boil when I see a video of a central asian on the streets of Britain saying "This is a sharia compliant street. No women without head scarfs allowed here". When I say makes my blood boil, I went looking for them. As a muslim fluent in arabic I looked for these "muslims" on the streets of Britain to give them a good mental whooping. They don't even read arabic or understand the words they are reciting most of the time. They depend on translations that have cultural overtones - in other words they've translated them to believe what they want to believe. I've been called an infidel an apostate an apologist a hypocrite all too quickly. I don't know what to tell you other than Britain isn't dealing with it right. These people seem uneducated and on the fringes of society, not well integrated. They're giving Islam a bad rep.

on that note - off to bed. work in 6 hours le ewww.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-21 18:22:54  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Am I the only one bored out of my *** with Islam?

Nope, don't care about it at all.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-21 23:52:40  
How peaceful are these "moderate" Muslims if Hillary's Trump videos supposedly make them instantly turn into Jihadists?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-22 00:09:43  

EDIT: I meant to post this in "Trump Talk"....
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-22 01:04:53  
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-22 05:07:06  
Mandera bus attack: Muslims shield Christian passengers in Kenya

Quote:
A group of Muslims protected Christian passengers when suspected Islamic extremists ambushed a bus in Kenya, according to eyewitness accounts.

The attackers ordered people off the vehicle in Mandera before telling them to split into groups of Muslims and non-Muslims. The Muslims refused their demands - daring the alleged extermists to kill them too, according to the Daily Nation newspaper.

"The Muslims stood with the Christians and dared the attackers to kill them all or leave," Mandera Governor Ali Roba told Anadolu Agency.

"This forced the miliants to leave in a hurry fearing retaliation by residents from nearby villiages

No one has taken responsibility for the attack, which has killed three people, but the militants are suspected to be from the terrorist group al-Shabaab.

When al-Shabaab killed 148 people in an attack in Kenya earlier this year, the militants reportedly singled out Christians, while freeing many Muslims.

Kenya has experienced several attacks from al-Shabaab, an extremist group linked to al-Qaida, since it sent troops to Somalia to fight the group in 2011.
By charlo999 2015-12-22 08:02:38  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I havnt got time for that.

Already answered most of the stuff here regarding OT punishments and comparing them to Islam. Not going to repeat myself on that.
Although Im absolutely amazed you've brought up the trinity. STRAWMAN.

Then you do me the pleasure of disputing it as unbiblical for me in the very next quote thank you lol.
Why do I have to believe in the term trinity to be Christian?
I'm a bible beliving Christian.

Then you accuse Christians of worshiping 3 gods. Even they don't say that in what you quoted.
But wait didn't God appear to Abraham with 2 Angels and physically ate food with him?
Didn't God appear in a cloud to the Hebrews on the mountain top?
So shouldn't I be worshiping 5 gods on your understanding?
Or are they all manifestations of the same God?
Did you not understand for example the Lord of the rings Sauron, where his spirit was in the ring, he was physically killed and also was the eye?
Is God, in your eyes more limited?

Then you say I'm unchristian because I'm attacking Islam?
Man you are clueless on bible.

Quote:
Romans 16:17-18New English Translation (NET Bible)

17 Now I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who create dissensions and obstacles contrary to the teaching that you learned. Avoid them! 18 For these are the kind who do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By their smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of the naive.

Quote:
Matthew 7:15New English Translation (NET Bible)

A Tree and Its Fruit
15 “Watch out for false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are voracious wolves.
Quote:
Ephesians 5:11New English Translation (NET Bible)

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Attacking and exposing Islam is not attacking people. Which I shouldn't do.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-22 08:19:00  

Any violence, be it against a wife or husband or a child, has no place in any of the world's societies, period.

As a Muslim, it makes my blood boil when I see a video of a central asian on the streets of Britain saying "This is a sharia compliant street. No women without head scarfs allowed here". When I say makes my blood boil, I went looking for them. As a muslim fluent in arabic I looked for these "muslims" on the streets of Britain to give them a good mental whooping. They don't even read arabic or understand the words they are reciting most of the time. They depend on translations that have cultural overtones - in other words they've translated them to believe what they want to believe. I've been called an infidel an apostate an apologist a hypocrite all too quickly. I don't know what to tell you other than Britain isn't dealing with it right. These people seem uneducated and on the fringes of society, not well integrated. They're giving Islam a bad rep.

on that note - off to bed. work in 6 hours le ewww.

Do not belive this garbage of someone has to be able to speak Arabic to understand the Quran. It's a massive sidestep. And another point that exposes the Allah as false. Apparently Allah made Arabic as the only language we can understand him. The bible is translated worldwide without such restraint.
Why would maldini then go and post direct translations in English (like he has done, out of context) if he believed this.

The Quran does infact allow a husband to be physical to his wife. Which is why the court did what they did. Sharia allows it.

Quote from http://quran.com/4/34 link
Quote:
4:34
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

wife beating

Wife beating

Both links goes through ALL the possible translations even the modern ones the apologetics use to defend the verse. Where they say it means 'seperate'.
Now I'm willing to listen to intelligent rebuttals of this. But I'm afraid there will be either silence or a change of tact.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-22 08:25:02  
I've got a better idea.

People should stop using religion as an excuse for any negative action, or at least shut up about it and stop dragging it into public policy.
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-22 08:33:11  
Man you are clueless on bible.

Quote:
“I will corrupt your seed and
spread dung upon your faces!”
Mala 2:3

Quote:
"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.”
-- Numbers 25:4

Quote:
"For our God is a consuming fire!"

-- Hebrews 12:29

Quote:
“The Lord is a man of War!”

Exodus 15:3

Quote:
"...They shall fall by the sword:
their infants shall be dashed in
pieces, and their women with child
(pregnant) shall be ripped up!"
Hosea 13:16

Quote:
"Their children shall be dashed
to pieces before their eyes!
There houses spoiled, and their
wives raped...Dash the young men
to pieces...have no pity on the
fruit of the womb, the children
shall not be spared"

Isa 13:16-18

Quote:
Now go, attack the Amalekites and utterly destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'”
Samuel 15:3

Those are all quotes from the Bible. Bring me some quotes from the Quran you don't like and lets discuss them.

Ex-Christian Scholar and revert to Islam Yusuf Estes has a great website comparing the two http://islamtomorrow.com/articles/Bible_vs_Quran.asp

Quote:
Attacking and exposing Islam is not attacking people. Which I shouldn't do.

That is some warped reality right there. You should hold PEOPLE accountable for their actions. Individuals and not the collective.
You can't blame science for hiroshima and nagasaki, or Petrol and Oil for Global warming - you blame the people/individuals/corporations/countries/leaders.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-22 08:38:48  
Ramyrez said: »
I've got a better idea.

People should stop using religion as an excuse for any negative action, or at least shut up about it and stop dragging it into public policy.
By maldini 2015-12-22 08:44:16  
Quote:
Both links goes through ALL the possible translations even the modern ones the apologetics use to defend the verse. Where they say it means 'seperate'.
Now I'm willing to listen to intelligent rebuttals of this. But I'm afraid there will be either silence or a change of tact.

There's nothing to discuss. That is a genuine verse from the Quran. "Qawamoon 3la el Nisaa" doesn't sound bad in Arabic because it is derived from the word "Qam" - "stood upright" and "Qum" - "stand upright" - so it means to stand upright for women and have the authority to do so. Arabic is a very very beautiful and complex language, when you transliterate and don't take the nuances into consideration you're going to end up with a partial truth most of the times. I'm not saying Islam doesn't make the Patriarch the authority in the family; it most certainly does. But it qualifies the position as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-22 08:47:20  
And then the man said "God, I am hungry", and so God gave him a wife so that she could make him a sammich.
By maldini 2015-12-22 08:50:00  
And then the man said "God, I am hungry", and so God gave him a wife so that she could make him a sammich.

TheEconomists "The World in 2016" - worth a watch (and not related)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-22 08:51:46  
Both came from Anunnaki aniway.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-22 09:04:28  

The only actual problem with same sex marriage.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-22 09:07:57  
/won'tsomebodythinkofthesandwiches.jpg
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-22 09:09:02  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
/won'tsomebodythinkofthesandwiches.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking of them right *** now and I've still got two hours until lunch.

Damn sandwich discussion anyhow.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-22 09:20:05  
Speaking of that video anyway, I bet Mag is gonna love that hiphop Shakespeare group lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-22 09:23:00  
In liberal tactics news:

Sanders: Sandra Bland would be alive "if she were a white woman"

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said late Monday that Sandra Bland would not have died while in police custody in Texas if she were a white woman.

“Sandra Bland should not have died while in police custody,” the Democratic presidential candidate said in a statement posted on Twitter.
“There’s no doubt in my mind that she, like too many African Americans who die in police custody, would be alive today if she were a white woman,” he continued.

“My thoughts are with her family and loved ones tonight. We need to reform a very broken criminal justice system.”

Sanders’ remarks follow a grand‘s decision Monday night to refuse returning indictments relating to Bland’s death earlier this year.

Bland, 28, was found hanged in her jail cell in Waller County, Texas on July 13. She was arrested following a confrontation with a police officer over a minor traffic stop. Video has since emerged of Bland arguing with Officer Brian Encinia over her alleged failure to signal she was changing lanes.

The Waller County coroner has since ruled her death a suicide, drawing angry skepticism from family members who point to her budding career as a lawyer.

Sanders has repeatedly condemned the incident while Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton earlier this year described the incident as “particularly tragic.”

Two Texas Democrats, Reps. Sheila Jackson Lee and Al Green, are among several lawmakers who have urged the Justice Department to probe the circumstances surrounding Bland’s death.

Like Obama, Sanders is stirring up the pot by making outlandish and heated racial comments in his bid for power.

I mean, what else do they have in their playbook? Honesty? Integrity? A willingness to compromise and work together with people who don't agree with them? Nope, all they have is diverseness and the penchant of blaming others for their own faults.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-22 09:42:13  
I don't know much about that case, but how in the hell would a white woman have killed herself less proficiently? is bernie saying some deputy would have been staring at whitey 24/7 and not blacky?

I don't get it.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-22 09:45:19  
While this issue may be an issue of police acting in an inappropriate fashion, and while race is a factor in our justice system, in this particular situation I'm not sure correlation, let alone causation, can really be drawn based on race.

However that doesn't seem to stop politicians, even ones I largely like, from pandering to anyone they can for support without regard for specific facts.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1177 1178 1179 ... 1375 1376 1377