Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1175 1176 1177 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-12-21 09:04:07  
It's simple give the teachers AK-47's !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-12-21 09:07:52  
Imagine a world without guns there would be no violence whatsoever !
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-21 09:44:30  
fonewear said: »
It's simple
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-21 09:47:22  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
It's simple

Nothing wrong with being evil. At least evil people are honest.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-21 09:48:29  
It's simple

I'm more the smuggler/bounty hunter type.

We deal less in absolutes and moral outrage and more in exotic goods and services. In fact, the more ambiguous we are, the safer it is.

My only absolute is absolute privacy for my clients!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-21 09:56:43  
charlo999 said: »
I havnt got time for that.
This has got to be your funniest response of the year.

Anyways, incoming long response, hopefully the last of its kind to Charlo:

Lol your the one who brought it up as a parallel why we should accept it in today's world from Islam and sharia.
That's just you reading too much into it. I'm not asking you to accept anything, I was merely pointing out the inconsistency on your part for glossing over the laws of the OT while jumping the gun at Islam for having something like the death penalty.

You provided a poor analogy, I pointed that out but you kept insisting that it's sound, so fine, whatever floats your boat.

Lol again your the one who brought it up. This was a response to this ignorant mocking. Why did you even write it if you didn't want to discuss it?
Irrelevant because the point I was making was not the illogicality of claiming to be both trinitarian and monotheistic (for which you provided more poor analogies), but I was rather pointing to the sudden change in "God's" personality that's in parrallel with the changes of law.

The OT stresses the oneness of God and never mentions the trinity. I'm sure you'd pull something out of context from this translation of translations that was compiled from different sources over centuries way past its supposed original dates, that's been subject to change by scholars and to error by countless scribes, and somehow try to turn it into a relevant reference to Jesus to relieve any dissonance you might feel. Again, whatever floats your boat, but don't expect everyone to buy that.

The analogy of arms and legs was particularly poor. The Trinitarian doctrine states that each "part" is a "person". My arm is part of me, it's not its own "person". I can be me without arms or legs. Unless you can point at your severed (or dead) arm and call it Charlo, which will just make everyone laugh at you.

Hey, I can do this quoting business too:
Quote:
According to this central mystery of most Christian faiths,[8] there is only one God in three persons: while distinct from one another in their relations of origin (as the Fourth Lateran Council declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds") and in their relations with one another, they are stated to be one in all else, co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial, and "each is God, whole and entire".[9] Accordingly, the whole work of creation and grace is seen as a single operation common to all three divine persons, in which each shows forth what is proper to him in the Trinity, so that all things are "from the Father", "through the Son" and "in the Holy Spirit".[10]
From Wikipedia

Everyone knows by now that the Trinity was never mentioned in the whole scripture:
Quote:
While the Fathers of the Church saw even Old Testament elements such as the appearance of three men to Abraham in Book of Genesis, chapter 18, as foreshadowings of the Trinity, it was the New Testament that they saw as a basis for developing the concept of the Trinity. The most influential of the New Testament texts seen as implying the teaching of the Trinity was Matthew 28:19, which mandated baptizing "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit". Reflection, proclamation and dialogue led to the formulation of the doctrine that was felt to correspond to the data in the Bible. The simplest outline of the doctrine was formulated in the 4th century, largely in terms of rejection of what was considered not to be consonant with general Christian belief. Further elaboration continued in the succeeding centuries.[11]

Scripture contains neither the word Trinity,[12] nor an expressly formulated doctrine of the Trinity. Rather, according to the Christian theology, it "bears witness to" the activity of a God who can only be understood in trinitarian terms.[13] The doctrine did not take its definitive shape until late in the fourth century.[14] During the intervening period, various tentative solutions, some more and some less satisfactory were proposed.[15] Trinitarianism contrasts with nontrinitarian positions which include Binitarianism (one deity in two persons, or two deities), Unitarianism (one deity in one person, analogous to Jewish interpretation of the Shema and Muslim belief in Tawhid), Oneness Pentecostalism or Modalism (one deity manifested in three separate aspects).
Same Wikipedia article

How you subscribe to a faith whose most basic, central tenet is a complete puzzle is beyond me.

If you want to base your beliefs on your "imagination" (and have a little divine family of 3, 7, or 108), that's fine. But don't go attacking other people's faiths when you can't even explain/defend yours properly. Glasshouses and all that.

We have 100 sharia courts already in the UK. Muslims are advised to sort legal matters there instead of the lands police, courts.
Good. It's their right. It upsets you? You want that right reserved for Christians only?

Britain isn't a Christian country (well practically speaking), get over it (or move to the US and vote for Trump). And the Muslim population in it are not all immigrants, there are second and third gen citizens who have every right to practice their religion, else their ancestors wouldn't have moved there.

What an Islamophobe.

This was specifically in response to the harsh punishments in the Old Testament. Quote or tell me which of these the Quran refutes.
When you try and compare to the OT you ironically doubley convict your own faith. The Quran affirms every one of these punishments or actions.
It's not the Quran, and it's not every law.

We've established that it's not morally reprehensible to you for these punishments to be part of a religion (ergo OT).
In what way does it convict Islam?

Premarital sex and disobeying your parents for example. Not to mention that everything in the OT is pretty much worth a stoning (not just death, stoning). In Islam it's only adultery (extramarital affairs), and it has to be witnessed by at least 4 different individuals seeing the act explicitly. That won't happen unless people start doing it in the streets. And who goes about their affairs publicly or gets caught in the act in this manner exactly? So this punishment virtually never happens, but it's part of the law as a deterrent and indicator of its ugliness. That's why you never hear about stonings in Saudi Arabia (where it's part of the law).

Ragnarok.Zeig said:
charlo999 said:
A 20 year old is not under the same restrictions a 6 year old is under, they have more freedom. Government laws are not gods.
That's not a good analogy. Children have more restrictions on their actions, but adults face harsher consequences for their actions.

I'm refering to gods point of view looking at humans as a father as an analogy. The harsher punishments as an adult don't come from your father do they?

I'm saying that kids never deserve harsher punishments lol. So equating OT harsh laws with a father controlling his children is not a good analogy. More restrictions on kids? Yes! Harsher punishments on kids? Hell no.

So yeah, let's put an end to this crap. Stop attacking and hating. I find it ironic that you're the one who's supposed to be all lovey-dovey and accepting, and perhaps turn the other cheek lol, yet the majority of your posts are about attacking Islam. You've been pretty unchristian-like.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-21 09:58:28  
It's simple

Nothing wrong with being evil. At least evil people are honest.
Evil people = honesty? Hmmm, let's test that theory...

Yeah, not so much. I'm pretty sure deceitfulness and evil go hand in hand.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-21 10:11:37  
Siren.Akson said: »
We have 100 sharia courts already in the UK. Muslims are advised to sort legal matters there instead of the lands police, courts.
And there have been protests wanting more powers.
People just need to be informed on what exactly sharia brings.
You both seem to be happy with the laws your both currently under. So I can assume this is the version of sharia you both agree with.
This is what concerns me most. Why has the UK gov't even allowed this to become reality in the 1st place? The American citizens would go ape ***if something like this ever surfaced within our country. At least I hope so.....
There are Jewish rabbinical courts in America. Some Christian denominations have religious courts as well. I see no apes shitting over either of these.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By charlo999 2015-12-21 10:39:21  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
You both seem to be happy with the laws your both currently under. So I can assume this is the version of sharia you both agree with.
This is what concerns me most. Why has the UK gov't even allowed this to become reality in the 1st place? The American citizens would go ape ***if something like this ever surfaced within our country. At least I hope so.....
This is set-up under arbitration laws in the UK.

Basically the same thing that Christian arbitration firms do in the US. Some US firms have used them to settle disputes with employees
A quote from the first link
Quote:
Criticism and controversy Edit

The BBC investigative series Panorama and the Daily Mail newspaper are among those who allege that women do sometimes receive less favourable treatment under this form of dispute resolution.[2] Under sharia, women are not treated equally to men in terms of marriage separation rights.[8]

Political reaction Edit
Dominic Grieve of the Conservative Party has stated: “If it is true that these tribunals are passing binding decisions in the areas of family and criminal law, I would like to know which courts are enforcing them because I would consider such action unlawful. British law is absolute and must remain so."[4]

That panorama program had the court telling women suffering domestic abuse to not go to the police. And also asked the women was it her fault for not being pleasing to the husband. Clearly illegal under UK laws. But in line with sharia and quranic teaching.

I don't know if the Christian group has done similar things. Or Jewish courts.
In my opinion ALL should be stopped. I'm amazed it hasn't in the USA given the separation of state and religion law.
If you want advise from a religious member go to your appropriate pastor, imam, etc.
By fonewear 2015-12-21 10:56:20  
I want this book:

Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-21 12:31:30  
Graham is out.

Graham ends his campaign vanity run for the White House
CNN

Quote:
Senator Lindsey Graham is ending his presidential campaign, he told CNN during an exclusive interview airing Monday.

"I'm going to suspend my campaign. I'm not going to suspend my desire to help the country start a holy war to bring on the end of times," the South Carolina senator said in a wide-ranging and candid discussion in which he acknowledged: "I've hit a wall here."
Edits by yours truly.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-21 12:42:39  
Quote:
"Four months ago at the very first debate, I said that any candidate who did not understand that we need more troops on the ground in Iraq and Syria to defeat ISIL was not ready to be Commander in Chief," Graham wrote in the email. "At the time, no one stepped forward to join me. Today, most of my fellow candidates have come to recognize this is what's needed to secure our homeland.

He is the only candidate that wants boots on the ground in Syria, so no idea where he gets the idea that the other candidates support his plan, Ted Cruz went on the record on the debate stage in supporting Obama's current strategy.
By maldini 2015-12-21 13:50:21  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I havnt got time for that.

Zeig,I give you props for going through the trouble of explaining and typing that all out. You're a better man than me.

I know his type. The erratic posts that are all over the place, arguments all over the place; stretching and reaching for anything that will stick. It isn't the mindset that is willing to even consider anything that undermines what they were told by X-source or justifies their prejudice. Its an internal conversation that this type has to have with themselves before you or me or anyone can have any kind of discourse with.

Here's a going away present for your Charlo:
I'm half British.
My British family are Wilkinsons.
My 4 uncles and 3 Aunts converted to Islam in the 60's.
All 22 of my cousins were raised Muslim. 3 of them girls, and all their husbands who are white brits, converted to Islam to marry them.
All of their children ranging from 5 years old to mid 20's are all muslim.
They're all white, blond and blue eyed .
One of my uncles is in the SAS, and the eldest one is ex-SAS.

Bend your head around this one Charlo, more and more of us are looking just like you probably look. Or what you consider "English/British". oooooh spooky... boogyman coming to get you.

rofl - in 5 years (not 20) you're going to start seeing people you personally know convert.
In 10 years probably 1/4th of the people you interact with will be muslim.
in 20 years, you won't be able to have a day pass without having a conversation with one.

Here's to the future buddy. Please, look forward to it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-21 13:51:08  
I foolishly watched football instead of the dem debate, in retrospect I should have recorded it, as it was a boring weekend all around. did I miss anything funny?
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-21 13:53:29  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I foolishly watched football instead of the dem debate, in retrospect I should have recorded it, as it was a boring weekend all around. did I miss anything funny?

GTS bro -GTS

Edit: Here
Spoilers: Sanders is the only one who can meet trump or cruz and win. Hilary and the other guy, whatshisname, are too much of fluffers and politicians. nothing they say sounds genuine, just politics as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laHBJuPWJp8
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-21 14:12:09  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
There are Jewish rabbinical courts in America. Some Christian denominations have religious courts as well. I see no apes shitting over either of these.
So how do they work then? Just like Sharia huh? They mutilate minor offenders. Hands cut off. Whippings. Stoning. Right?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-21 14:17:09  
We need more Hammurabi code!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-21 14:18:09  
So how do they work then? Just like Sharia huh? They mutilate minor offenders. Hands cut off. Whippings. Stoning. Right?
They have no legal standing in the US.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-21 14:18:48  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Who doesn't?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-21 14:27:09  
Who doesn't?
I mean that those religious courts have no legal standing. In other words, whatever those courts decide, it doesn't affect the person in a legal standpoint, they are unbound by the rulings made. If the court determines that they have to pay restitution, the person they found in fault doesn't have to at all (is what I'm saying).
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-21 14:42:11  
I mean that those religious courts have no legal standing. In other words, whatever those courts decide, it doesn't affect the person in a legal standpoint, they are unbound by the rulings made. If the court determines that they have to pay restitution, the person they found in fault doesn't have to at all (is what I'm saying).

If the persons involved are under contractual obligation with those religious courts to use specific private arbitration, then yes, the religious courts have legal standing (as long as their methods and punishments don't violate any state or federal laws).

Law journal article: Faith based arbitration: friend or foe? An evaluation of religious arbitration systems and their interactions with secular court

New York Times article

If there is no signed contract between them, then I absolutely agree, the ruling has no legal standing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-21 14:49:00  

If the persons involved are under contractual obligation with those religious courts to use specific private arbitration, then yes, the religious courts have legal standing (as long as their methods and punishments don't violate any state or federal laws).

Law journal article: Faith based arbitration: friend or foe? An evaluation of religious arbitration systems and their interactions with secular court

New York Times article

If there is no signed contract between them, then I absolutely agree, the ruling has no legal standing.
That's different. Contractual arbitration is different than having a outside court system, religious or otherwise. You don't need to have a religious court system to have a contractual arbitrator and you don't need a arbitrator to have a religious (or otherwise) court system.

Comparing the two is paramount of comparing grapes to pineapples.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-21 14:49:53  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I'll ask again do you agree with stoning, lashing, death for apostasy, homosexuality punishments, death for various other crimes, etc?
How can you, as a Christian, try to use this as an argument against Islam?

Before you disregard the Old Testament completely, the point is not whether you think its laws apply to you or that Jesus has come to ease these laws (something mentioned in the Quran so we generally believe in it), it's that, as a Christian, you believe that the OT is the word of God. The same God who revealed the New Testemant (who somehow has begotten a son and has a third part called the Holy Spirit). This means that you believe in a God that once prescribed these harsh punishments, yet at the same time, you criticize another religion for having the same punishments prescribed because they're cruel and morally reprehensible.

When is the last time a Christian beheaded someone or stoned them to death?
Surprisingly enough, the religion of the offender only really seems to make the record if they are Muslim.
Statistically, this is probably one.
Here's the basis for the assumption.
While I understand Zeig's perspective. One thing I don't understand is how you could possibly make a connection here. This is a mentally disturbed individual whom perpetrated a crime. End of story. What makes you think you could possibly know more than the American police involved in the investigation?
What on earth does that have to do with what you asked?
It really isn't common to denote the religious beliefs of the perpetrator. Statistically speaking, the linked incident was likely caused by a Christian. Hence being linked in response to your question.
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-21 14:51:31  
Who doesn't?
So they don't cut off limbs? No public whippings? No women stoned to death? Y'all made it sound like we do the same thing as Sharia crimes against humanity..... hopefully the rest of the EU is taking notice cuz this is the future converting to Islam offers you. Death to Human Rights. Death to Freedom. That's not even counting apostasy. Which is also death.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-21 14:53:40  
Who doesn't?
So they don't cut off limbs? No public whippings? No women stoned to death? Y'all made it sound like we do the same thing as Sharia crimes against humanity..... hopefully the rest of the EU is taking notice cuz this is the future converting to Islam offers you. Death to Human Rights. Death to Freedom. That's not even counting apostasy. Which is also death.
I'm pretty sure that any civilized nation would prevent said events from occurring, even if it's from a "religious" court.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-21 14:55:55  

New York Times article

That's different. Contractual arbitration is different than having a outside court system, religious or otherwise. You don't need to have a religious court system to have a contractual arbitrator and you don't need a arbitrator to have a religious (or otherwise) court system.

Comparing the two is paramount of comparing grapes to pineapples.
Ok, maybe you missed the preceeding dialogue from the previous page.

Because that is what is being discussed. Since those are the laws the sharia system Charlo is upset about are under
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-21 14:57:13  
Who doesn't?
I'm not sure we are all having the same conversation here.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-21 14:58:29  
maldini said: »
I know his type. The erratic posts that are all over the place, arguments all over the place; stretching and reaching for anything that will stick.
That was supposed to be part of my response.

You worded it better anyways. Thank you.

It's why I went on the offensive. Let him get busy defending instead of the all-you-can-attack fest he seemed to be only interested in.
First Page 2 3 ... 1175 1176 1177 ... 1375 1376 1377