Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1171 1172 1173 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:52:26  
Yes, yes. You like to troll by acting like you buy into Donald Trump. We get it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-18 10:43:53  
Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
Polls suggest that many Americans believe he is not taking the threat from the Islamic State seriously enough.

Because polls ask general people on the street who also watch American Idol.

The thing about ISIS is that they want a ground war. There's no saying they'll win it, but they want it never-the-less because casualties = recruitment tool.

Also, their entire religious nonsense premise is based on bringing about their glorious divine rewards which requires a holy war.

There is no simple answer no matter how great it would be to say "just go in and kill all the bad guys."

Because that tends to make more bad guys in the long run.

What you are saying is that you think everyone in the Middle East is stupid. Everyone in Syria you think is stupid and will join ISIS at the drop of a hat based on a lie. This is racist.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 10:48:33  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
What you are saying is that you think everyone in the Middle East is stupid. Everyone in Syria you think is stupid and will join ISIS at the drop of a hat based on a lie. This is racist.

You're simply being inflammatory, but I'm going to play along and pretend you really are dumb enough to think this way, even though I know you're not, because there are people that dumb out there.

I am not saying everyone in the Middle East is stupid.

I am saying that people who are already indoctrinated into a certain set of beliefs from their infancy -- even if they're just going along with it because they have to -- are more readily swayed by extremists of those beliefs when the designated "enemy" kills innocent people, even if it's accidental. Even more so if that enemy is willing to treat civilian casualties as collateral damage.

I really hope you wouldn't be so blasé as to be okay with the death of a family member if the government raided your next door neighbor for being a terrorist and accidentally shot your child through the wall in the ensuing shootout. And you really wouldn't be okay with it if they subsequently said, "tough ***, sorry about your kid but killing a terrorist was more important than ensuring the safety of your family."

Also, race has absolutely *** all to do with this, stop being a troll.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-18 10:48:36  
LOL, he never said that. But wow, never pass up the opportunity to call someone a racist huh Aman?
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 10:51:07  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
LOL, he never said that. But wow, never pass up the opportunity to call someone a racist huh Aman?

He knows damn well none of it was said or implied.

Unfortunately there are people out there who honest-to-*** think everything is black and white and easily fixed by rolling over anything perceived as an enemy with a hefty dose of munitions, and for some people it's easier to play dumb and side with those people for their support and a sense of belonging.

Not entirely unlike the way many religious and terrorist organizations -- or religious terrorist organizations -- work.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-18 11:08:17  
easily fixed by rolling over anything perceived as an enemy with a hefty dose of munitions
Sometimes that's not enough.

If taking a heavy dose of munitions doesn't cut it, giving a nuclear shot up the *** usually works.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-18 11:11:45  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
giving a nuclear shot up the *** usually works.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-18 11:12:39  
What you are saying is that you think everyone in the Middle East is stupid.

I'd take it a step further and just say the majority of the entire planet is stupid.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-18 11:13:30  
Siren.Mosin said: »

I'd take it a step further and just say the majority of the entire planet is stupid.

Thats racist against Earthlings man.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 11:14:02  

Well in the grand scheme, yes, but in the fashion in which he was throwing wild accusations, not so much.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 11:17:32  

Which, somewhat oddly, I guess does make Mos and I racist, because we hate people, and "human" is the only actual race in this discussion.
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-18 12:14:00  

Which, somewhat oddly, I guess does make Mos and I racist, because we hate people, and "human" is the only actual race in this discussion.
I dont hate humans, just people.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-18 12:22:52  
The DNC declares war on the Bernie Sanders' campaign. Outright and openly sides with Hillary Clinton, if it was obvious enough already.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 12:24:57  
The DNC declares war on the Bernie Sanders' campaign. Outright and openly sides with Hillary Clinton, if it was obvious enough already.

Bernie was never going to have the support of the majority of government. He calls them out too much on their *** and their corporate puppetmasters. Not that he's without his own, mind you, but at least he's fairly clear about who his are.

The DNC voter registration thing is a bit overblown, however, as his team fired those guilty of inappropriately accessing the information and they reported the problems to the software company whose work caused the faults in the firewalls.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-18 12:25:14  
If you think Syrians will join ISIS who has been the scourge of their homeland because of casualties while fighting against them, I am sorry but that says you think they are all stupid.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-18 12:28:50  
I really hope you wouldn't be so blasé as to be okay with the death of a family member if the government raided your next door neighbor for being a terrorist and accidentally shot your child through the wall in the ensuing shootout. And you really wouldn't be okay with it if they subsequently said, "tough ***, sorry about your kid but killing a terrorist was more important than ensuring the safety of your family."

There's still a world of difference between Mr. Roger's neighborhood and an active warzone.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-18 12:31:52  
ISIS easily creates their own casualties and uses them as propaganda against "invaders"
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 12:34:08  
I think people who are losing loved ones to dropping bombs are not always the most rational of people and revenge is a strong motivator to go along with something you otherwise don't believe in.

A mutual enemy can make a lot of people friends with people who would otherwise be enemies.

ISIS easily creates their own casualties and uses them as propaganda against "invaders"

Yeah. So us killing innocents as collateral damage gives them even more effective propaganda.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 12:37:15  
Look, folks. You can say whatever you want to ease your own consciences. It's not my place to judge.

But it's right out there in the open, obvious to anyone with the sense to watch and listen to the evidence.

Killing innocents and destroying communities in war today creates new enemies for tomorrow. Our history of exactly that is a big reason why ISIS is able to exist at all. Yes radicals and terrorists are always around, but if a farmer doesn't have a field it doesn't matter how many seeds he's got to plant.

Rather than letting one rotten fruit die on the vine we've give fertile fields for entire crops of poisonous yields.

So unless you're willing to go all war crimes up in here and actively target entire populations to utterly wipe them out (aka: genocide), more killing is not the final answer here.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-18 12:42:19  
corporate puppetmasters
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha(etc. etc. etc.)
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-18 13:21:28  
Look, folks. You can say whatever you want to ease your own consciences. It's not my place to judge.

But it's right out there in the open, obvious to anyone with the sense to watch and listen to the evidence.

Killing innocents and destroying communities in war today creates new enemies for tomorrow. Our history of exactly that is a big reason why ISIS is able to exist at all. Yes radicals and terrorists are always around, but if a farmer doesn't have a field it doesn't matter how many seeds he's got to plant.

Rather than letting one rotten fruit die on the vine we've give fertile fields for entire crops of poisonous yields.

So unless you're willing to go all war crimes up in here and actively target entire populations to utterly wipe them out (aka: genocide), more killing is not the final answer here.
We have other means to defeat such organizations without even fighting. Including forming an alliance with many nations aimed against terrorism on all sides. While I agree with you 110% I still don't think we should allow such a group to even exist let alone expand. The difference between us and them is that we develop smart bombs and such to minimize collateral dmg while they seek to do harm to unarmed civilians.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-18 13:27:16  
So, we should do it without fighting while simultaneously not allowing them to exist? I'm not quite getting what you're saying.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-18 13:31:07  
The way it's mostly being done. You target leaders and key facilities, not just carpet bomb random civilian areas, that's demented to even suggest.
By maldini 2015-12-18 13:32:29  
Siren.Akson said: »

We have other means to defeat such organizations without even fighting. Including forming an alliance with many nations aimed against terrorism on all sides. While I agree with you 110% I still don't think we should allow such a group to even exist let alone expand. The difference between us and them is that we develop smart bombs and such to minimize collateral dmg while they seek to do harm to unarmed civilians.

If you end up electing Trump, you won't have many allies. He also said he would "carpet bomb" the entire area and accepts that a lot of innocent people are going to die.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-18 13:39:08  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The way it's mostly being done. You target leaders and key facilities, not just carpet bomb random civilian areas, that's demented to even suggest.

That's still fighting, and it still allows them to exist. The way it was worded made no sense.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-18 13:43:02  
maldini said: »

If you end up electing Trump, you won't have many allies. He also said he would "carpet bomb" the entire area and accepts that a lot of innocent people are going to die.
If he is elected, I hope he's not as dumb as he speaks cuz obviously he is doing such to garner attention being outrageous. We have many ppl whom speak with our presidents debriefing them and giving them insight which I'm sure would go against such ideology or things in his head he presumes are good ideas. If he is elected. I don't think it's the end of the world.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-18 13:54:18  

We could ask them nicely to stop, liberals must imagine that's how war goes.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-18 13:55:48  
Odin.Slore said: »
We could ask them nicely to stop, liberals must imagine that's how war goes.

lol, sure kid.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-18 14:01:35  
If you end up electing Trump, you won't have many allies.

heh! who needs allies when you annex canada and mexico!?!?!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-18 14:05:32  

How are they siding with Hillary Clinton? He exploited a server error and downloaded confidential voter information.
First Page 2 3 ... 1171 1172 1173 ... 1375 1376 1377