Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1165 1166 1167 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-16 00:01:52  
Well, I'm just lookin at some post debate analysis, and the fact checkers are indeed ripping up the claims. Apparently, Chris Christie sees dead people, chilling with King Hussein.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-16 00:08:56  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Well, I'm just lookin at some post debate analysis, and the fact checkers are indeed ripping up the claims. Apparently, Chris Christie sees dead people, chilling with King Hussein.

Fact checkers rip up every debate, Democrat and Republican. I kinda wish that we had people running for president that actually knew what they were talking about, but this is what we get every four years.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-16 00:30:07  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
maldini said: »
Why Christmas songs and not Hindu and Budhist mantra chanting?

Welcome back to the false equivalence show, everybody! Today we have Maldini pretending that Hindu and Buddhist schoolchildren are upset that we sing Frosty the Snowman in the winter instead of chanting mantras.
It's simply equivalence. You can insert any religion into the same situation and it would be argued that it has no place in schools. Christianity gets a pass though apparently because songs about lil Jesus are perfectly benign and nothing to see here non-believers, move along.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-16 00:36:14  
We could just ban all music.
It worked for the middle-east, right?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-16 00:46:40  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

wut
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-16 00:53:16  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Welcome back to the false equivalence show, everybody! Today we have Maldini pretending that Hindu and Buddhist schoolchildren are upset that we sing Frosty the Snowman in the winter instead of chanting mantras.
It's simply equivalence. You can insert any religion into the same situation and it would be argued that it has no place in schools. Christianity gets a pass though apparently because songs about lil Jesus are perfectly benign and nothing to see here non-believers, move along.

He said Christmas songs, he didn't say religious Christmas songs. Don't worry about replying though, I can insert the broken record you guys are all playing and cover your next response just fine.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-12-16 01:28:35  

He said Christmas songs, he didn't say religious Christmas songs. Don't worry about replying though, I can insert the broken record you guys are all playing and cover your next response just fine.

What a strange distinction you tried to make, considering the context of the discussion, of Christmas songs vs religious Christmas songs. Even stranger that you seem to think Frosty the Snowman is a Christmas song.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-16 01:41:53  

..... really, dude?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-16 01:46:42  
Music isn't banned here
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-16 01:50:49  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Music isn't banned here
Depends on where "here" is.
From what I have seen on TV news sources (I know...lolTVnews) there are al qaeda controlled areas that do not allow public singing or dancing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-16 02:52:35  
I think you're referring to those iranian guys who were arrested for making a "Happy"(Farrel) video?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-16 03:14:06  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think you're referring to those iranian guys who were arrested for making a "Happy"(Farrel) video?
If it was about a few years ago then that was probably it that sparked these sort of stories I've been hearing...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-16 07:36:04  
Davorin said: »
Even stranger that you seem to think Frosty the Snowman is a Christmas song.
Ravael, you of all people should know that Frosty the Snowman, which is only sung during the Christmas Holidays, is really a song about Easter.

For shame!
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-16 07:37:18  
Hamas leaders son and ex head of an Islamic focused youth education group risks his life telling his views.
I'm exactly in agreement with his view that there's a difference needed to be recongnized when debating its teachings, it's nothing against the people. Also listen as he points out, Islam is political. Which is what I've tried to explain. Hopefully coming from him adds more weight.its a conversion with a lot of punch.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Link
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-16 07:56:18  
It's not that hard...

By Ramyrez 2015-12-16 07:56:46  
there are al qaeda controlled areas that do not allow public singing or dancing.

Clearly you aren't familiar with the plight of American youth in the 1980s, or you'd know we had this problem as well. Luckily Kevin Bacon danced for our sins.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-16 07:57:37  
Jetackuu said: »
It's not that hard...

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-16 08:31:55  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ravael, you of all people should know that Frosty the Snowman, which is only sung during the Christmas Holidays, is really a song about Easter. For shame!

Seriously. How crazy of me to think that a song that's sung before Christmas, on Christmas, never after Christmas, and appears on many lists of "classic Christmas songs" could possibly be considered a Christmas song. Wowee, those guys sure got me this time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-16 08:40:32  
Ravael, you of all people should know that Frosty the Snowman, which is only sung during the Christmas Holidays, is really a song about Easter. For shame!

Seriously. How crazy of me to think that a song that's sung before Christmas, on Christmas, never after Christmas, and appears on many lists of "classic Christmas songs" could possibly be considered a Christmas song. Wowee, those guys sure got me this time.
About as crazy as making the distinction between songs that are sung with religious context as being religious songs and songs that are sung with holiday spirit as being non-religious songs.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-16 09:35:47  
White Christmas is secretly a racist song.
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-16 09:35:50  
Music isn't banned here
From what I have seen on TV news sources (I know...lolTVnews) there are al qaeda controlled areas that do not allow public singing or dancing.

I'm sure there's a bar or two I could walk into in the US and be denied service for being Muslim and Arab looking.
Does that mean Muslims and Arabs aren't allowed into the US?
oh wait... never mind, forgot about Trump.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-16 09:37:50  
Music isn't banned here

I'm sure there's a bar or two I could walk into in the US and be denied service for being Muslim and Arab looking.
Have you been to America in your life?

Or are you making assumptions yet again?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-16 09:45:10  
America America?
Liberal America?
Rural America?
KKK America?
Hippie America?

You gotta be specific about which America. It's the difference between being raped by Mexicans and liberal dildotopia.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-16 09:48:51  
Sparth, you are trying too hard.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-16 09:51:26  
Sparth, you are trying too hard.

*adjusts combover*

Well, you're just low energy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-16 09:51:42  
Jassik said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Have we talk about how the "vetting" process for immigrants doesn't even include looking at what people post on social media because it violates a cornerstone of political correctness?

Do you have an actual reason why it doesn't include that or are you just going to keep making these stupid statements ad nasium?

Ah Jassik, forever extending the commander in chief the benefit of the doubt. There's no shortage of people who will pee on your leg and tell you it's raining, have some self respect and at least call them on it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-16 09:54:54  
I look forward to you giving Ted Cruz the benefit of the doubt when he trounces Clinton in the general and becomes our first Canadian POTUS.
By maldini 2015-12-16 09:57:31  
Music isn't banned here

Have you been to America in your life?

Or are you making assumptions yet again?

I've probably seen more of the US than you have lol.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-16 09:57:47  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I look forward to you giving Ted Cruz the benefit of the doubt when he trounces Clinton in the general and becomes our first Canadian POTUS.

When Ted Cruz wipes his *** with liberal America. You'll thank him for the privilege and like it!
By Jetackuu 2015-12-16 09:58:33  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
White Christmas is secretly a racist song.
@1:49

First Page 2 3 ... 1165 1166 1167 ... 1375 1376 1377