Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1163 1164 1165 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 11:13:31  
Drama Torama said: »
This thread got real dumb, real fast. I mean, at least attempt to engage in enlightened discourse.
Many would rather tear down someone they don't agree with instead of educating them.
Or it could be that bullying someone with insults is the only way they know how to educate.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-15 11:53:19  
How was what Kara and Jassik said "bullying" or "insulting"? It's true, unless you're under the assumption that only Christians pay taxes.

You and someone else went full-tilt by assuming the more secular even care what you do on your private property.

Seha doled out an anecdotal example that sounds on par with Communion, in some aspects. Would you like more liturgical ceremonies be conducted? Who's to say you'd be happy with the denominational ceremonies/traditions you would end up with, considering the various interpretations Christians take?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 11:54:37  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
How was what Kara and Jassik said "bullying" or "insulting"? It's true, unless you're under the assumption that only Christians pay taxes.

You and someone else went full-tilt by assuming the more secular even care what you do on your private property.

Seha doled out an anecdotal example that sounds on par with Communion, in some aspects. Would you like more liturgical ceremonies be conducted? Who's to say you'd be happy with the denominational ceremonies/traditions you would end up with, considering the various interpretations Christians take?
How is it you assumed I was talking about them?
How is it you assumed that I was making my self to be the victim?
Not everything is about me.
Not everything is what you assume it to be.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-15 11:58:39  
Do I need to start copy/pasta-ing? Did I say you were playing victim? Are you going to answer the third paragraph?

EDIT: Why am I engaging?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-15 11:59:44  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Ugh...I'm confused. Are we arguing with people who only attended private, parochial schools, and have made it to adulthood not knowing the difference? What is going on here?

Not sure what's going on. Are people still pretending that singing a song is worship? Are they still twisting the Establishment Clause into their own license to hate? Some people just want the right to never be annoyed but for a hateful, angry person that is impossible.

It's a commentary about how truly delicate Americans have become. It is bad enough that we have raised college students to be completely intolerant of ideas they have been programmed to disagree with. One of the most valuable aspects of education is supposed to be the exposure to different cultures and traditions that are not your own including American traditions. If you think that millennials are a bunch of pussies just wait until the kids in grade school now get to be 25 years old.

Teachable moment:

Student: "What does that mean 'Christ the Savior is born'?"

Teacher: "Oh, Christians believe in a man called Jesus that when he died went to heaven. They believe that if you follow what he taught then they will go to heaven. There are many other religions though that teach many other things."

**And something called education happens**
The arguments are against government endorsement of religion. Don't be dense. I was asked to read the bible as part of a literature class but that was very different from having to sit through a school-wide prayer in the morning.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 12:08:17  
Do I need to start copy/pasta-ing? Did I say you were playing victim? Are you going to answer the third paragraph?

You have an odd perception of the meaning of my posts if you got that impression recently...

I admit I had been sucked in pretty bad in the past but that was almost 2 years ago and I've stopped letting it get to me when people want to troll or act obtuse... I see through that little game a little better now days.

I do find it fascinating (but not entertaining) that almost no one on here can agree with anyone else even if they are actually saying the same thing.

Is conflict really that much fun?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-15 12:11:25  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Ugh...I'm confused. Are we arguing with people who only attended private, parochial schools, and have made it to adulthood not knowing the difference? What is going on here?

Not sure what's going on. Are people still pretending that singing a song is worship? Are they still twisting the Establishment Clause into their own license to hate? Some people just want the right to never be annoyed but for a hateful, angry person that is impossible.

It's a commentary about how truly delicate Americans have become. It is bad enough that we have raised college students to be completely intolerant of ideas they have been programmed to disagree with. One of the most valuable aspects of education is supposed to be the exposure to different cultures and traditions that are not your own including American traditions. If you think that millennials are a bunch of pussies just wait until the kids in grade school now get to be 25 years old.

Teachable moment:

Student: "What does that mean 'Christ the Savior is born'?"

Teacher: "Oh, Christians believe in a man called Jesus that when he died went to heaven. They believe that if you follow what he taught then they will go to heaven. There are many other religions though that teach many other things."

**And something called education happens**
The arguments are against government endorsement of religion. Don't be dense. I was asked to read the bible as part of a literature class but that was very different from having to sit through a school-wide prayer in the morning.

Consider who you are talking to. No one was ever representing those allegations. No one ever believed singing songs was worship. They literally just make up arguments to throw insults around.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-15 12:38:28  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

You have an odd perception of the meaning of my posts if you got that impression recently...

I admit I had been sucked in pretty bad in the past but that was almost 2 years ago and I've stopped letting it get to me when people want to troll or act obtuse... I see through that little game a little better now days.

I do find it fascinating (but not entertaining) that almost no one on here can agree with anyone else even if they are actually saying the same thing.

Okay...Let me bring it down a notch one-by-one, individually, and each one negates the others.

If infant Baptism/Christening was compulsory, would you be okay with that?

If Credobaptism was compulsory, would you be okay with that?

If all eight/nine-year-olds had mandatory Catechism (and you would be denied Communion until doing so), would you be okay with that?

If all thirteen year olds had to partake in Confirmation (and you would be denied Communion until doing so), would you be okay with that?

If you get engaged to someone of a different denomination, and your marriage could only be validated by one or the other converting, would you be okay with that?

Not even Christians can get on the same page.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 12:54:55  

Okay...Let me bring it down a notch one-by-one, individually, and each one negates the others.

If all eight/nine-year-olds had mandatory Catechism (and you would be denied Communion until doing so), would you be okay with that?

If all thirteen year olds had to partake in Confirmation (and you would be denied Communion until doing so), would you be okay with that?

If you get engaged to someone of a different denomination, and your marriage could only be validated by one or the other converting, would you be okay with that?

Faith cannot be forced. So I'd be against any law forcing any religious ceremonies.
But I am strongly against any law hindering a religious ceremony, assuming it does not involve harming someone...
Also a persons irritation is not the same as harm. Buck up and get over it. People who's theism you won't agree with are just part of life.
Preventing theistic laws from being put into act is something I support.
Hindering theism through the law I do no support.

(Also I'm not familiar with those customs you listed)
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-15 13:19:11  

Faith cannot be forced. So I'd be against any law forcing any religious ceremonies.
But I am strongly against any law hindering a religious ceremony, assuming it does not involve harming someone...
The laws aren't hindering religious ceremonies. You (as a private individual, group, or organization) can have whatever ceremony you want (within reason). It's preventing supporting religious ceremonies by government institutions, and governmental officials and employees acting in their official capacity.

Why does being familiar with those customs make a lick of difference?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-15 13:22:22  

"If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?"
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 13:23:09  
If public schools are a government office then so is the sidewalk and so are the roads and so is your land because it is all actually owned by the government.

The government has over extended their reach into our lives.
If you can't see what I am saying then I have nothing more to say.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-15 13:24:52  
If public schools are a government office then so is the sidewalk and so are the roads and so is your land because it is all actually owned by the government.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-15 13:25:28  
I wasn't aware public sidewalks held the same significance as holding a religious ceremony inside a local seat of power.

But then again im not being dense.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-15 13:26:15  

If you can't see what I am saying then I have nothing more to say.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 13:26:38  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I wasn't aware public sidewalks held the same significance as holding a religious ceremony inside a local seat of power.

But then again im not being dense.
So a building full of children is a local seat of power?
By maldini 2015-12-15 13:27:48  

Also a persons irritation is not the same as harm. Buck up and get over it. People who's theism you won't agree with are just part of life.

"Faith cannot be forced. So I'd be against any law forcing any religious ceremonies."
Well that's a start, and a good one at that and I'm sure everyone agrees with it.

Where people disagree is to how to go about guaranteeing religios freedom.

Those against religios doctrine in schools hold that position because they believe it is a good way, an essential and critical way, of keeping religios freedoms.

That isn't the same as restricting people's faith or practices. They're just saying, since its personal, the state should in no way favor one religion or its rituals over any other. The only way to do that is for any institution to have no say on the matter and remain completely uninvolved. That's not the same as forbidding or restricting. They, public institutions, should have no opinion whatsoever on the matter.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 13:42:52  
If you enjoy being government property then go a long with this crusade of political correctness until tolerance is a thing of the past and all freedom is lost.
This has happened before.
It will happen again.
And again.
And again...

It will continue to repeat until we stop forgetting our history.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-15 13:50:56  
If you enjoy being government property then go a long with this crusade of political correctness until tolerance is a thing of the past and all freedom is lost.
It will happen again.
And again.
And again...

Exactly what history is being forgotten?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-15 13:52:37  
The secret history that the elites don't want you to know about.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 13:53:29  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
It will happen again.
And again.
And again...

The history we are repeating...
If you have to ask then you are one of the people who have forgotten...

If you want a history lesson it will take me all day and I don't have time to be your teacher... but if you need a starter try looking up nations that have fallen to a dictatorship.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 13:55:16  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
yeah.... no.
This is no conspiracy it is simply the majority not caring to learn history. (When I was in school I and everyone I knew was one of those people that said "history is history it has nothing to do with me")
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-15 14:01:50  
Ah the old history argument as politicians actively crusade to make Christianity a state religion, complete with the put Jesus everywhere attitude prevalent. You know, when guys are saying things like church/state division is 'dangerous' or whatever that means.

Are you as fervently against them as you are against perceived dictatorships?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 14:03:09  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ah the old history argument as politicians actively crusade to make Christianity a state religion, complete with the put Jesus everywhere attitude prevalent. You know, when guys are saying things like church/state division is 'dangerous' or whatever that means.

Are you as fervently against them as you are against perceived dictatorships?
It's almost amusing at how things I say can be so drastically taken out of context!
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-15 14:03:55  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
It will happen again.
And again.
And again...

The history we are repeating...
If you have to ask then you are one of the people who have forgotten...

If you want a history lesson it will take me all day and I don't have time to be your teacher... but if you need a starter try looking up nations that have fallen to a dictatorship.

By charlo999 2015-12-15 14:09:40  

Ahhhh. The man made traditions and old ceremonies denominations do that they think sets them apart.

Are you asking if these would be ok in school?

Does Christ ask us to baptise and in extension of that confirm?

Quote:
1 Corinthians 1:17New English Translation (NET Bible)

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—and not with clever speech, so that the cross of Christ would not become useless.

The communion. Does Christ teach that?

Quote:
John 6:51-58 MKJV
(51) “I am the Living Bread which came down from Heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he shall live forever. And truly the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
(52) Then the Jews argued with one another, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
(53) Then Jesus says to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves.
(54) Whoever partakes of My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
(55) For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
(56) He who partakes of My flesh and drinks My blood dwells in Me, and I in him.
(57) As the living Father has sent Me, and I live through the Father, so he who partakes of Me, even he shall live by Me.
(58) This is the Bread which came down from Heaven, not as your fathers ate the manna, and died; he who partakes of this Bread shall live forever.”

The Jews were as empty sighted as the Catholics.

And marraige lets see what should be followed.

Quote:
Genesis 2:24New English Translation (NET Bible)

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and unites with his wife, and they become a new family.

That's all it is. A man and woman coming together and having a family. Seems the word today means ceremony ordained by a chosen few.

I agree none of the things you mentioned should be celebrated in schools.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-15 14:21:56  
charlo999 said: »
Are you asking if these would be ok in school?

Quote:
1 Corinthians 1:17New English Translation (NET Bible)

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—and not with clever speech, so that the cross of Christ would not become useless.

^^^The point.^^^

EDIT:
charlo999 said: »
I agree none of the things you mentioned should be celebrated in schools.

That's not what I said at all. I agree with those who want to keep religion out of school, unless discussing it in the historical context.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-12-15 15:17:11  
I knew the Jews were behind this. They are a sneaky bunch !
By maldini 2015-12-15 15:29:52  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
yeah.... no.
This is no conspiracy it is simply the majority not caring to learn history. (When I was in school I and everyone I knew was one of those people that said "history is history it has nothing to do with me")

"History" ?

If History was an old man asked for last words of wisdom he would say "keep the government and religion as far apart as possible and you should be good"
First Page 2 3 ... 1163 1164 1165 ... 1375 1376 1377