Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1154 1155 1156 ... 1375 1376 1377
By maldini 2015-12-11 18:24:48  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Middle east, Turkey, the balkans, north Africa..that's the ottomans which seems a good geographical parallel.
I see no reason they should attack Saudi considering the ideology, that leaves Iran which I'm not sure if it's a target.

Their main target is Saudi Arabia by the way.
Even before Israel.
Like every other terrorist group from the region.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-11 18:25:52  
I see no reason they should attack Saudi considering the ideology
We already suffered a couple suicide bombings. ISIL views the royalties as infidels, and anyone who lives under their rule is guilty of the same by association.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 18:27:23  
I suppose it's cause Saudi is all "go team west" even though they're totally not western like.
By maldini 2015-12-11 18:29:59  
I suppose it's cause Saudi is all "go team west" even though they're totally not western like.

kinda. A bit more complicated. They are pretty bat sh!t crazy and so extreme that traditionally conservative countries like Saudi look like liberal havens for infidels.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 18:31:21  
maldini said: »
countries like Saudi look like liberal havens
I've read enough for today, I'll go to sleep.

If wahhabland is liberal then Idk man, not that I had any higher consideration of IS before but..goodnight.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-11 18:36:12  
Good night Seha. I should've done that 2 hours ago.

I feel that I just turned this thread into RT.

inb4 topic-banned.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-11 19:16:56  
I just realized some people might think Israel is part of ISIS.
It's been done:
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-11 20:19:27  
Best articles so far on the GOP brokered convention flap:

Republicans discussed possibility of brokered convention
CNN, a just the fax jax article.

Conservative backlash grows against brokered convention
Hill, reaction and deeper backgrounds.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-11 22:56:53  
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-12 02:08:18  
Got dragged to see the last Hunger Games movie tonight or should I say Hunger LAMES. Mockingjay? More like Mocking-gay. I'm hilarious. Goodnight.

I totally get why Philip Seymour Hoffman OD'd though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-12 06:34:05  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Got dragged to see the last Hunger Games movie tonight or should I say Hunger LAMES. Mockingjay? More like Mocking-gay. I'm hilarious. Goodnight.

I totally get why Philip Seymour Hoffman OD'd though.
Yup, thread is definitely RT now.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-12 08:16:20  
For everyone on the liberal train jumping down trumps neck and all the Muslims crying persecution. Where are your voices for the Israelites for the last 50 years till today.
Just for clarification I don't agree in banning but a much tighter security religious checks on entry. An overview of it at least. And to able to have an honest talk about islam without people throwing insults and dismissing the connection.

Quote:
No one seems bothered with 16 Muslim countries where Israelis are banned

Countries that do not accept Israeli passports

Sixteen countries forbid admission to Israeli passport holders:

Algeria
Bangladesh
Brunei
Iran
Iraq (except Iraqi Kurdistan)
Kuwait
Lebanon (neighboring country; territory dispute – Shebaa farms)
Libya
Malaysia (Clearance permit needed from the Ministry of Home Affairs.)
Oman
Pakistan (Clearance permit needed from the Ministry of Internal Security.)
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Syria (neighboring country; territory dispute – Golan Heights)
United Arab Emirates (accepted for transit only; not allowed for admission)
Yemen
In addition, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen do not allow entry to people with evidence of travel to Israel, or whose passports have either a used or an unused Israeli visa. As a consequence, many countries will allow for a second passport to be issued to citizens wishing to circumvent this restriction.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-12 08:17:57  
Did you see us cheering for their policies? No? Yeah, that's what I thought.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-12 08:47:00  
charlo999 said: »
For everyone on the liberal train jumping down trumps neck and all the Muslims crying persecution. Where are your voices for the Israelites for the last 50 years till today.
Just for clarification I don't agree in banning but a much tighter security religious checks on entry. An overview of it at least. And to able to have an honest talk about islam without people throwing insults and dismissing the connection.

Quote:

Algeria
Bangladesh
Brunei
Iran
Kuwait
Libya
Oman
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Yemen
In addition, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen do not allow entry to people with evidence of travel to Israel, or whose passports have either a used or an unused Israeli visa. As a consequence, many countries will allow for a second passport to be issued to citizens wishing to circumvent this restriction.
Pretty sure these countries don't deny Jews entry.
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-12 08:47:36  

Quote:

Algeria
Bangladesh
Brunei
Iran
Kuwait
Libya
Oman
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Yemen

You didn't mention that Israel has the same or worse policies towards those same nations.

That's because the countries you mention above do not recognize the state of Israel and/or in a state of cold war with them.

Also those same countries you mentioned, for the most part, have perfectly normal relationships with the rest of the world and more importantly their neighbors.

Israel is a controversial state that doesn't enjoy a lot of support from the international community for a reason.
But kudos to you for using an argumentative fallacy to derail the discussion so you can push forward your neo-nazi agenda.

Anyone else see the irony of mentioning Israel, a state where you have to be jewish to be a citizen, in an argument that centers around freedom of religion and liberty?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-12 09:15:11  
Anyone else see the irony of mentioning Israel, a state where you have to be jewish to be a citizen, in an argument that centers around freedom of religion and liberty?
Last I heard both Christians and Moslems were citizens of Israel. Second class citizens, true, but citizens nonetheless.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-12 09:37:42  
Again with the Jews does it ever end !
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-12 10:00:43  
No your wrong isreal takes in any religion which is why they have come out against Trump.

Forbes article on the subject.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-12 10:04:45  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Last I heard both Christians and Moslems were citizens of Israel. Second class citizens, true, but citizens nonetheless.
Some of this is true. But geographically I'm not sure. (I only studied on this somewhat so far.)
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-12 10:56:38  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Pretty sure these countries don't deny Jews entry.

Nation of origin and religion are rarely as intertwined as is the case with Israel, but that is a good point. Saudi and Iran, at least, attack Israel's sovereignty, not specifically Judaism.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-12 11:00:54  
I heard there a lot of Jews in Hollywood...but that is only a rumor !
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-12 11:04:40  
fonewear said: »

Naw, there really are a lot of Jews in Hollywood. Show business in general, actually.
By maldini 2015-12-12 11:07:12  
No your wrong isreal takes in any religion which is why they have come out against Trump.

While its true even Netanyahu has said Trump is too crazy even for him, Israel's greatest failure as a democracy centers around its intolerance for other religions and people as a society and people. I'm not saying its an evil country, I'm saying facts are facts. Look at the most recent issues with African migrants there. Pretty hard to watch some of the stuff that is coming out of there.
By maldini 2015-12-12 11:09:42  

I don't like jew bashing (or any bashing based on religion or ethnicity) but the fact is:
Hollywood was founded by a handful of jewish migrants that came to the US in the early 20th century. Mostly from Poland.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-12 11:20:41  

I don't like jew bashing (or any bashing based on religion or ethnicity) but the fact is:
Hollywood was founded by a handful of jewish migrants that came to the US in the early 20th century. Mostly from Poland.

I don't see it as bashing. Unless you imply there's something wrong with it, you're just stating a fact.

Yeah, there's a lot of Jews in Hollywood... Is that a problem?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-12 11:32:36  
Jew got a problem with Jews I don't !
By maldini 2015-12-12 11:34:13  
Jassik said: »

I don't see it as bashing. Unless you imply there's something wrong with it, you're just stating a fact.

Yeah, there's a lot of Jews in Hollywood... Is that a problem?
Not at all, just have to be extra careful these days or you will get labeled something fierce when you speak about Jews collectively.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-12 11:46:30  
Eh, you have to be careful about speaking about any group collectively, but that's not a new thing, the bigotry if often embodies has just become less acceptable.
By maldini 2015-12-12 11:49:16  
Jassik said: »
Eh, you have to be careful about speaking about any group collectively, but that's not a new thing, the bigotry if often embodies has just become less acceptable.

Except white people. Its open season on white people, every month of the year!
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-12 11:50:45  

While its true even Netanyahu has said Trump is too crazy even for him, Israel's greatest failure as a democracy centers around its intolerance for other religions and people as a society and people. I'm not saying its an evil country, I'm saying facts are facts. Look at the most recent issues with African migrants there. Pretty hard to watch some of the stuff that is coming out of there.

Is this the wave of illegal immigration from Africa that came to Isreal? Which were running scared from extremist Muslims chopping off heads.
It's a tricky balance of accepting people but still keeping the beliefs and identity of the Jewish culture, faith and its people safe. That's why Isreal was established for the people who live there so what would be the point just to have open gates and lose the majority and purpose. They are an extremely small country.
I don't see you attacking Australia for being tough on accepting migrants.
To be fair to Isreal as much as they suffer from attacks, it's amasing they are as accepting as they are.
First Page 2 3 ... 1154 1155 1156 ... 1375 1376 1377