Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1150 1151 1152 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-11 10:37:39  
Ramyrez said: »
Your assumptions regarding Hillary's impending victory are a bit premature. Perhaps inevitable, but premature none the less.

Super Tuesday is around the corner. Sanders and his acolytes have to face Sanders' inevitable fate. He's limping through the election at this point.

His campaign has failed to effectively garner minority voters and it has failed at addressing the San Bernardino shooting.

He was shown on CBS yesterday desperately trying to shift the focus of the reporters away from ISIS and the San Bernardino shooting.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-11 10:40:08  
I'm saying it's a cycle of war and conflict that is self-perpetuating and there are certain undeniable ties. War is business and business is booming.

as a war profiteer myself, I guffaw boisterously in your general direction and wish you all the luck in the world trying to stop me.

you fat filthy hipster hippie wannabe!

go hug a tree!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-11 10:45:04  
Okay, well, I can tell you right now that you're looking at a lot of lost votes in the big election if the Republicans get their head out of their *** and run a moderate candidate vs. Clinton.

Mine probably included, as I'm not voting for her unless it's to keep a joke like Trump or Cruz out of the big chair. There was a time where I may have voted for her over just about anything the right could put up, but she's basically just a moderate Republican who panders to the left's social issues anyhow.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-11 10:46:38  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'm saying it's a cycle of war and conflict that is self-perpetuating and there are certain undeniable ties. War is business and business is booming.

as a war profiteer myself, I guffaw boisterously in your general direction and wish you all the luck in the world trying to stop me.

you fat filthy hipster hippie wannabe!

go hug a tree!

Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-11 10:49:36  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I remember Trump signed a thingy about not running as independent candidate if he is not chosen as the rep rep(I wanted to say this!); did Sanders do something similar or is there the possibility he'll just be there to screw over Clinton's votes?
Trump has been threatening an independent run this last week.

Bernie hasn't the ego for an independent run and wouldn't want to hand the election to the GOP in any event.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-11 10:53:42  
Okay, well, I can tell you right now that you're looking at a lot of lost votes in the big election if the Republicans get their head out of their *** and run a moderate candidate vs. Clinton.
I think you're looking at a bigger loss of voters if Sanders were to win the nomination. Sanders vs Carson? Or Sanders vs Rubio?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 11:02:37  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I remember Trump signed a thingy about not running as independent candidate if he is not chosen as the rep rep(I wanted to say this!); did Sanders do something similar or is there the possibility he'll just be there to screw over Clinton's votes?
Trump has been threatening an independent run this last week.

Bernie hasn't the ego for an independent run and wouldn't want to hand the election to the GOP in any event.
So that signature of Trump was all for show and not really an obligation?
By Ramyrez 2015-12-11 11:04:42  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I think you're looking at a bigger loss of voters if Sanders were to win the nomination. Sanders vs Carson? Or Sanders vs Rubio?

I don't think Carson could win the GE vs. a bucket of KFC chicken.

Edit: I dunno. Maybe you're right. But I'd rather see Sanders v. Rubio than just about anything.

I do not like Rubio's social stances at all, but hell. At least he's not literally psychotic the way the other Republican candidates seem to be. Them even being close to the general election makes me break out in hives. People like Cruz and Carson basically have the mindsets of ISIS West.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-11 11:29:13  

Well, Hillary is certainly more ready for a general campaign, just from name recognition. Most people in the middle reflect favorably on the 90's and she's been in the game a while. Sanders, I think, has a better policy platform, but will have a steeper hill to climb, but I think ultimately will appeal to the common sense and no *** crowd as well as the moderate left and far left.

This election really will hinge on moderates and independents more than any in recent memory, and just about everyone on the right is going to have a hard time pivoting from their primary to a general election as well as Sanders on the left. Hillary is really the only candidate in either caucus right now that is close enough to the middle to make a seamless transition.

The field is getting smaller and I still haven't seen a single candidate I would vote for if the election were tomorrow.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 11:31:11  
Jassik said: »
The field is getting smaller and I still haven't seen a single candidate I would vote for if the election were tomorrow.
Vote Obama round 3.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-11 11:37:04  
I don't think Carson could win the GE vs. a bucket of KFC chicken.

never underestimate a country that voted for someone named bush three times...

and captain clownshoes horatio hornblower bluedress

the really disturbing part is that jeb and hillary are running at all...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-11 11:40:31  
she's been in the game a while.

She's too old!

<proudly recycled from media grab bag of insults to throw at john mccain.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-11 13:04:05  
she's been in the game a while.

She's too old!

<proudly recycled from media grab bag of insults to throw at john mccain.>

Some men are into older women. Just saying!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 13:06:02  
And we judge them ruthlessly.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-11 13:19:11  
How old is too old? I could totally get into a sugar momma situation.

There's something arousing about being told to go to my room by a woman 20 years my senior while she gets the paddles and handcuffs from her closet. Then we go out for ice cream afterwards! Ice cream!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-11 13:24:36  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

There's something arousing about being told to go to my room by a woman 20 years my senior while she gets the paddles and handcuffs from her closet. Then we go out for ice cream afterwards! Ice cream!

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-11 13:25:54  
/nausea

I blame Nikolce!
/seppuku
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-11 13:26:39  
And we judge them ruthlessly.

Nothing wrong with Cougars and Manthers!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-11 13:30:02  
Bahamut.Omael said: »

What did you expect on FFXIAH? Well adjusted people? We all played Final Fantasy XI, considered torture in at least 13 countries and on the shortlist of Geneva Conventions!

Spank me with that no drop paddle! Bust out that flail!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-11 13:31:12  

I need a sugar momma to support my Final Fantasy Record Keeper spending habits.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-12-11 13:43:07  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So many feels.

Libs are really upset over trump and I'm loving every minute of it.

Others have already said this but I think most of us liberals are overjoyed by Trump. It's difficult to attack bigotry and racism when it's cloaked in dog-whistle language; a lot of Americans are not sensitive to this stuff. Trump has abandoned the dog whistle for a megaphone.

Hillary tears this guy up in the general election by winning younger/single women, Hispanics, blacks, Asians, and the LGBT community in 80-95% margins.

It's going to be a terrible defeat for Republicans. Alternately, the GOP establishment can try to backstab Trump, only to have him run as a third-party candidate and destroy whatever sucker they trot out. Again, a terrible defeat for Republicans.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 13:47:00  
I'm no oracle, but I think Clinton is going to win unless:

1. Sanders runs independently, thus cutting off a huge load of votes from her

2. Some major terrorist attack happens in America and everyone jumps on the Trumpwagon
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-11 13:51:50  
Sanders is not going to run as an independent, where is that coming from? Just conservative desperation?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 13:52:35  
Nowhere, just a consideration. Chanti answered that question earlier.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-11 13:54:10  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
It's going to be a terrible defeat for Republicans

yeah I don't know how we can stand many more of these terrible defeats.... /lights cigar with hundred dollar bill and /scroogemcduck swims in an olympic sized swimming pool full of gold coins

I'm crestfallen is what I am
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-11 13:57:54  
All it takes is one muslim to do something super crazy in the next year and trump wins in a landslide and mexicans will have to get to work on a wall to keep themselves out.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 13:58:22  
I'm sure the mexicans are excited about it!
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-12-11 13:59:08  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
It's going to be a terrible defeat for Republicans

yeah I don't know how we can stand many more of these terrible defeats.... /lights cigar with hundred dollar bill and /scroogemcduck swims in an olympic sized swimming pool full of gold coins

I'm crestfallen is what I am

That's not Republicans, or Democrats, that's the result of an entire political system which exists to serve the highest bidder rather than the best interests of the American people. This is the issue that Donald Trump is most right on. That, and Israel/Palestine as a close second.

Since the system is corrupted and broken, with change being unlikely, I'm mostly just happy about another Democratic president for social issues and the possible appointment of an additional SC justice to turn the court liberal for the next generation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-11 14:08:00  
I'm no oracle, but I think Clinton is going to win
Trust me, you need your oracle adjusted if you think Clinton is going to win.

The momentum is towards the right in America. You wouldn't see that if you stick with liberal-leaning media sources, but if you go by actual results, you would see more people not buying into the liberal *** displayed at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue every day.

But you wouldn't know that, being that you never once set foot in America. So, why should we listen to you?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 14:18:08  
I actually usually find conservative sources more often, but anyway.

Either way I don't remember in what thread I said it, but the average citizen doesn't do backgroud checks on politicians like some of you guys here like to do, which means all these "scandals" about Clinton are probably either unknown or obscure. The average citizen probably doesn't know half the stuff these guys even intend to do - or what it would mean economically for that matter.
The average citizen is most likely going to approach it by laterality(left or right), or by exposure. Part of the reason why Trump and Clinton are that ahead is also cause their opponents are hardly known to the average dude.

It's the same everywhere, it's really unfortunate but elections heavily rely on "the show", so to speak.

I said this before too but people who look into politics aren't that many, most people would rather just complain about the guy that is in charge without knowing the intricacies; and in this light it certainly favours republicans in times of perceived danger(which is why I mentioned terrorism as a meaningful contributor for Trump's votes).

Agree/disagree doesn't matter.
First Page 2 3 ... 1150 1151 1152 ... 1375 1376 1377