Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1149 1150 1151 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-10 14:23:16  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So many feels.

Libs are really upset over trump and I'm loving every minute of it.

LOL, why would we be upset? The entire GOP field is bashing him, Congressional leaders are bashing him, the Democrats are sitting back and laughing. No one on the left is scared or worried about Trump.

This is like the Sarah plain effect where everyone thought she said "I can see Russia from my house."

Trump doesn't say hateful things, you just choose to listen to people who misrepresent him.

Yeah you are lying again. He has said plenty of hateful things, especially about Hispanics.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-10 14:25:33  
Libs feel it, and it is done.
By fonewear 2015-12-10 14:31:39  
Libs feel it, and it is done.

Look on my feels, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 14:33:05  
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, now are we attributing Republicans as the only people who hunt animals?

Do we even know what the political affiliation of that dentist is?

Or is he automatically a Republican just because liberals say so?

I'm speaking of actual government action.

I didn't bring one dentist's luxury hunts in Africa into this.

No one party has exclusive rights to stupid.

Edit: Very aware this is actually a topic for debate and not clear-cut in any way. I just obviously happen to side with preserving the species.
I was mainly speaking about this post but whatevs.

Oh, yeah. Sorry. I wasn't actually trying to paint him as a conservative specifically. The things just had an easy segway and your point is seen given they're essentially mentioned in the same breath. Was speaking of conservative actions in DC as relates to federal wildlife protections, then in a related topic about trophy hunting, which is in no way limited to conservatives.

No clue about his politics. Don't really care, they're not relevant to the topic really.
I just hate it when anyone, liberal OR conservative, automatically labels a horrible thing such as a dentist shooting a lion or an idiot/radical shooting up a Planned Parenthood clinic as "My opposition did it!" type of thing.

Like that guy who shot the reporter and cameraman on air and one of the posters here automatically went on a tirade against gay, transsexual liberals here. Idiot deserved his thread to be locked.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 14:34:07  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Fight the lion or wolf pack with just a knife or spear and I'll give you a pass.

I've long held the belief that unarmed, loincloth-only big game hunting should not only be freely allowed, it should have only one regulation - at least one person must be on hand to live-stream footage of the encounter.
Also need to announce it to the world when they do it.

No point in live-streaming quality ***like that if nobody is there to watch it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 14:37:45  
fonewear said: »
A temporary ban of Muslims it's like getting caught speed hacking in FFXI. They will be back !

Oh fone, quite hiding your secret hate.

The only person I hate is myself !

That I believe.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 14:39:41  
I just hate it when anyone, liberal OR conservative, automatically labels a horrible thing such as a dentist shooting a lion or an idiot/radical shooting up a Planned Parenthood clinic as "My opposition did it!" type of thing.

Yeah, sorry. Like I said. I realize I sort of linked the two with a bit of a dual rant.

Whatever. Like I said. I understand there are bigger issues on the table for Congress right now. I'm just a bit miffed they couldn't take two seconds to side in favor of protecting wildlife because...

...well, the "because" is really why I'm unclear. Humane methods of keeping endangered species from harming livestock and people are pretty readily available.

I don't want to see a guy's life ruined because he accidentally shot a wolf instead of a coyote, but maybe fine him and take his license to shoot things away until he figures out how to tell the difference between a coyote and a wolf.

Or a turkey and a person. Far too many hunting accidents in that fashion through the years, also.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-10 14:45:13  

Like that guy who shot the reporter and cameraman on air and one of the posters here automatically went on a tirade against gay, transsexual liberals here. Idiot deserved his thread to be locked.

This is something we agree on, I don't even think about who the shooter is, I think about how many have been killed, are the survivors ok, are the wounded ok, is the shooter still at large, stuff like that. Certain people on this website run to identify who the shooter is, or who they represent. I think its pathetic how the media, especially Fox News, runs to identify the shooter/s. And I think its even more pathetic how they give us a daily update on said criminal, and provide almost no update on the victims. Like right now, I have no idea what the conditions of the wounded victims from CA and Colorado are. But I can easily find an article on the front page detailing the shooter/s motives/origins.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 14:46:13  
Yeah, sorry. Like I said. I realize I sort of linked the two with a bit of a dual rant.

Whatever. Like I said. I understand there are bigger issues on the table for Congress right now. I'm just a bit miffed they couldn't take two seconds to side in favor of protecting wildlife because...

...well, the "because" is really why I'm unclear. Humane methods of keeping endangered species from harming livestock and people are pretty readily available.
I'm the type of person who's "I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone" to animals. I don't shoot for fun, I shoot for survival.

Even then, I only killed ~5-10 coyotes, ~10-15 rattlesnakes, and 3 copperheads in my life. So I'm not exactly a prime example of somebody shooting ***to protect one's life or one's livestock.

I don't want to see a guy's life ruined because he accidentally shot a wolf instead of a coyote, but maybe fine him and take his license to shoot things away until he figures out how to tell the difference between a coyote and a wolf.
It's not illegal to shoot an endangered animal if that animal is threatening to kill you or harm you in any way.

It's one thing when people shoot for sport. It's another if they shoot to protect.

Or a turkey and a person. Far too many hunting accidents in that fashion through the years, also.
Steer clear of Cheney then.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-10 14:46:28  
Being a *** cares little of political alignment.
By fonewear 2015-12-10 14:48:14  
Not to stray from our fight against ISIS but Obama has done something that they thought couldn't be done ! We have won ladies and gentlemen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-gun-sales-expanded-background-checks-proposal_5669c2d3e4b009377b24274a

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review "in short order." She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks.
Jarrett spoke Wednesday night at a vigil for the victims of the Newtown shooting, according to a summary provided by the White House.

After the mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon, Obama said his team was looking for ways to tighten gun laws without a vote in Congress. White House officials have said they're exploring closing the so-called "gun show loophole" that allows people to buy weapons at gun shows and online without a background check.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 14:49:22  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

This is something we agree on, I don't even think about who the shooter is, I think about how many have been killed, are the survivors ok, are the wounded ok, is the shooter still at large, stuff like that. Certain people on this website run to identify who the shooter is, or who they represent. I think its pathetic how the media, especially Fox News, runs to identify the shooter/s. And I think its even more pathetic how they give us a daily update on said criminal, and provide almost no update on the victims. Like right now, I have no idea what the conditions of the wounded victims from CA and Colorado are. But I can easily find an article on the front page detailing the shooter/s motives/origins.
I think about what happened, why it happened, and what we could do to prevent another occurrence from happening again.

While I do think we need better screening on who can own a firearm, I don't think there's anyone really capable of doing that.

Government already proved that they don't give a ***on who owns a firearm. I'm sure that people would go into an uproar if we privatize the screening process. So, there's really no solution in how to fix one of the issues involved these recent mass murders taking place. So, we go to another solution.
By fonewear 2015-12-10 14:51:00  
So now you have to get a background check before you can go a mass shooting spree ! That my friends is progress !

That or just buy a gun off of Craig's list, friend, neighbor, lover which is hard to do.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 14:53:36  
It's not illegal to shoot an endangered animal if that animal is threatening to kill you or harm you in any way.

It's one thing when people shoot for sport. It's another if they shoot to protect.

I concur. It's just people like to interpret "protection" pretty liberally and with heaping portion of salt. "I was scared it would hurt my family and livestock" when it was on the other side of a barbed wire fence a hundred yards from anything is pretty thin, but has been accepted in the past as "valid."

Obviously wolves are my particular supported species here. But there are fewer than 10 documented deaths from wolf attacks since 1900.

At least one isn't even well documented/proven.

Point is, the need for lethal intervention with that particular species is extremely limited and has almost certainly been used excessively through the years by overzealous humans.

Steer clear of Cheney then.

Right?

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-10 14:54:38  
I think about what happened, why it happened, and what we could do to prevent another occurrence from happening again.

While I do think we need better screening on who can own a firearm, I don't think there's anyone really capable of doing that.

Government already proved that they don't give a ***on who owns a firearm. I'm sure that people would go into an uproar if we privatize the screening process. So, there's really no solution in how to fix one of the issues involved these recent mass murders taking place. So, we go to another solution.

I think about that after the event is over, when I came home the other day to see their was an active shooting, I want people to be ok.
For example, right now, there is a report of an active gunmen on the Arkansas State campus, no reports of shots fired atm. I want this guy caught, I will think about his motives at a later time.

Ark St gunmen on the loose

Looks like he is surrounded.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-10 14:58:32  

I concur. It's just people like to interpret "protection" pretty liberally and with heaping portion of salt. "I was scared it would hurt my family and livestock" when it was on the other side of a barbed wire fence a hundred yards from anything is pretty thin, but has been accepted in the past as "valid."

Obviously wolves are my particular supported species here. But there are fewer than 10 documented deaths from wolf attacks since 1900.

At least one isn't even well documented/proven.

Point is, the need for lethal intervention with that particular species is extremely limited and has almost certainly been used excessively through the years by overzealous humans.

Wolves are a tricky issue. States in the Pacific Northwest are having a problem with them, and some states like Alaska aren't even enforcing the law against hunting wolves. This year, there was a proposal to tighten enforcement and downgrade their classification to Threatened, which comes with forgiveness for killing them. But a high court rejected it and left them on the endangered list, despite their modest recovery. So, nothing changed up there, probably not a good thing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-10 15:47:55  
Part of the problem with wolves stems from taboos that encompass wild animals in general. Screw what the scientists say about the behavior of (insert wild animal here), I know a guy who knew a guy whose (insert pet here) was attacked by a (insert wild animal here), so that's proof that they're all vicious killers that must be shot on sight!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-10 16:03:12  
Libs are really upset over trump and I'm loving every minute of it.
The libs I know are cheering the Donald on. Sorry you don't know any personally.

The true conservatives I know are shaking their heads and saying the GOP brought this on themselves. I bet you don't know any of those either.

The establishment Republicans are finally standing up to, indeed professing horror at, Trump. His supporters are having none of the establishment line.

The GOP has been sowing the wind for decades with their "southern strategy". Trump is the whirlwind they are reaping.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-10 16:44:39  
Not to stray from our fight against ISIS but Obama has done something that they thought couldn't be done ! We have won ladies and gentlemen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-gun-sales-expanded-background-checks-proposal_5669c2d3e4b009377b24274a

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review "in short order." She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks.
Jarrett spoke Wednesday night at a vigil for the victims of the Newtown shooting, according to a summary provided by the White House.

After the mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon, Obama said his team was looking for ways to tighten gun laws without a vote in Congress. White House officials have said they're exploring closing the so-called "gun show loophole" that allows people to buy weapons at gun shows and online without a background check.
Problem solved.
[+]
By volkom 2015-12-10 16:47:26  
thats nice.

wonder what other laws/changes can be made without congressional approval now.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-10 17:04:29  
Part of the problem with wolves stems from taboos that encompass wild animals in general. Screw what the scientists say about the behavior of (insert wild animal here), I know a guy who knew a guy whose (insert pet here) was attacked by a (insert wild animal here), so that's proof that they're all vicious killers that must be shot on sight!
I know a wolf and he is without a doubt the most intelligent animal I have ever seen.
They can be your best friend or worst enemy depending on how you treat them.
Respect is very important, they give the same respect that you give them.
I love wolves, they're like a cat trapped inside a giant wolf body. :D
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-10 17:09:12  
No laws, but many changes are possible by regulations and executive orders.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-10 17:27:28  
The sheep in the Democrat party have already all been herded behind their one "candidate." It was decided for them 7 years ago. This frees up millions of them to vote in the Republican primary for Donald Trump because they aren't having an actual election in that party and Trump is who they would like to face.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-10 19:35:50  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The sheep in the Democrat party have already all been herded behind their one "candidate." It was decided for them 7 years ago.
Sheep? Hardly. Sanders gave Hillary a good run for her money. The problem is that the nation right now isn't concerned with the top 1% and is more concerned with foreign policy and national safety.
Sanders was unable to develop an effective campaign in response to the San Bernardino shooting.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-11 08:48:38  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
The problem is that the nation right now isn't concerned with the top 1% and is more concerned with foreign policy and national safety.
Good, because, unlike how liberals/democrats portray us, we are not the enemy.

There is more good done by the top 1% of this country than the federal government ever even attempted to do. And most of the time, whatever good the federal government attempts to do, it has the opposite effect. Case in point: PPACA.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-11 09:31:20  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I know a wolf and he is without a doubt the most intelligent animal I have ever seen.
They can be your best friend or worst enemy depending on how you treat them.
Respect is very important, they give the same respect that you give them.
I love wolves, they're like a cat trapped inside a giant wolf body. :D

Wolves are wild animals. They are beautiful, brilliant, and vicious when necessary. They can be safely kept in enclosed areas to some degree, but of the 9 confirmed wolf-involved death over the past century one of those was a biologist who was killed by a wolf in captivity. Keeping them as pets is ill-advised and unsafe for both humans and wolves, even under the best of circumstances. We have wolves to have as pets, they're called dogs. We GMO'ed them over centuries to be exactly what we needed (and they adapted to get from us what they needed).

They shouldn't be allowed to harm people, obviously, but the instances where wolves are even in a position to do so are few and far between and are almost universally due to improper action on part of the people involved (or, in the case of children, on the part of those responsible for the surrounding circumstances).

I'm just a big fan of live-and-let-live with wildlife if it's not a matter of survival/subsistence.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-11 09:34:22  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The sheep in the Democrat party have already all been herded behind their one "candidate." It was decided for them 7 years ago.
Sheep? Hardly. Sanders gave Hillary a good run for her money. The problem is that the nation right now isn't concerned with the top 1% and is more concerned with foreign policy and national safety.
Sanders was unable to develop an effective campaign in response to the San Bernardino shooting.

Your assumptions regarding Hillary's impending victory are a bit premature. Perhaps inevitable, but premature none the less.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-11 09:42:21  
The problem is that the nation right now isn't concerned with the top 1% and is more concerned with foreign policy and national safety.

Yeah. Convenient.

Focus shifts away from the 1% to war and conflict where the 1% profits like mad.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy.

I'm saying it's a cycle of war and conflict that is self-perpetuating and there are certain undeniable ties. War is business and business is booming.

Lest you accuse me of tinfoil hatting.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-11 10:32:44  
Yeah. Convenient.

Focus shifts away from the 1% to war and conflict where the 1% profits like mad.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy.

I'm saying it's a cycle of war and conflict that is self-perpetuating and there are certain undeniable ties. War is business and business is booming.

Lest you accuse me of tinfoil hatting.
It ain't the 1%. Its the .001%.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 10:35:09  
I remember Trump signed a thingy about not running as independent candidate if he is not chosen as the rep rep(I wanted to say this!); did Sanders do something similar or is there the possibility he'll just be there to screw over Clinton's votes?
First Page 2 3 ... 1149 1150 1151 ... 1375 1376 1377