Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1133 1134 1135 ... 1375 1376 1377
By charlo999 2015-12-07 10:49:16  
Has a debate over what scripture commands and teaches.
Doesn't know what scripture commands and teaches.
Shown wrong by scripture he's arguing against and for.
Is asked to show scriptural commands and teachings as evidence to back up what he's debating.
Can't and won't for lolz reasons.
Obtuse it is then. Blocked.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-07 10:56:37  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
charlo999 said: »
Where in Christianity's doctrine does it tell its followers to force its teaching of gods morality laws in a political way on a government to be made law like Islam does in its commands and sharia?

The 10 commandments? That's already a good start.

You seem to have Christians mixed up with Israelites. Don't worry it happens a lot to the biblically ignorant.

Quote:
You act like it means nothing, when it actually shows they don't have to enforce insane laws.

I'm with you in doing away with most of the stuff Allah commanded. It's hardly good sense to judge everything he commanded by groups of people who only do some of it though.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-07 11:00:44  
You seem to think you speak for all Christians. I grew up in a community that took the OT all literally and believes everything is 100% true including silver for rape, keeping slaves being God sanctioned, mass murdering your neighbors, putting adulterers to death etc.

God of the Israelites is the God of Christianity so whatever was sanctioned back then, was approved by God then as well.

So Noah was a Pokemon Master who went to Australia to pick up critters, North America for those critters then watched the world drown as he fed dinosaurs because everyone was wicked. Still interested in how those Native Americans got to North America and fell out of contact with the one true faith until Europeans showed up.

Who decides what is allegory and what is fact?
Who decides if the OT is defunct?
Who is the REAL Christian?

Here's a sword/board. Settle it. That's how it was traditionally settled.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 11:01:46  
Where in Christianity's doctrine does it tell its followers to force its teaching of gods morality laws in a political way on a government to be made law like Islam does in its commands and sharia?

The 10 commandments? That's already a good start.

You seem to have Christians mixed up with Israelites. Don't worry it happens a lot to the biblically ignorant.
Um...you asked where in Christianity's doctrine, not Islam's doctrine....

I even bolded it for you.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-07 11:02:17  

The Old Testament is the first section of the Christian Bible,

lame wikipedia link
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 11:02:32  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You seem to think you speak for all Christians

You underestimate his ego.

He doesn't care about Christians, if you've read the things he's written over time you come to realize he looks down on everyone and views his interpretation of things as the only accurate interpretation of all of the things. Like, all of them. The entire universe.

He doesn't speak for flawed Christians.

He speaks for God himself.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 11:02:48  
So Noah was a Pokemon Master
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

Dodo, I choose you!

Edit:

[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-07 11:04:09  
Who decides? um Christ as in 'christ'ian.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 11:04:23  
Here's a sword/board, that's how it was traditionally settled.

Hey man, lay off the sword and board. I like my Gladiator spec these days.

(Verboten WoW reference is a go.)
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-07 11:06:24  

the next time you talk to him please ask him to stop by and pay me a visit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-07 11:07:32  

Do you know how many Christian sects exist today? Everything from ultra liberal Universal Unitarians to your predestination mooks all the way to the KKK and WBC.

You can say X aren't Christians but if they legit believe in Christ and take him as savior, they're Christians.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-07 11:12:15  
He loves to point out the no true scot about islam, but when it applies to him he completely ignores it lol.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-07 11:14:21  

Do you know how many Christian sects exist today? Everything from ultra liberal Universal Unitarians to your predestination mooks all the way to the KKK and WBC.

You can say X aren't Christians but if they legit believe in Christ and take him as savior, they're Christians.

What question are you answering here?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 11:15:37  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Just don't catch him hanging around your place.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 11:16:49  

Have you ever been to a UU service?

Holy balls.

I had to go to a UU wedding service. Hardest I've ever tried not to laugh during a "religious" service in my life. It's basically just a Catholic mass with all kinds of ambiguous language substituted for things like "god" and "jesus," etc.

It's hilarious.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2015-12-07 11:20:07  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Just don't catch him hanging around your place.
You certainly nailed it
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-07 11:22:58  
"My son went to Earth once. I don't know what you people did to him, but he hasn't been the same ever since."

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-07 11:25:54  
Ramyrez said: »

Have you ever been to a UU service?

Holy balls.

I had to go to a UU wedding service. Hardest I've ever tried not to laugh during a "religious" service in my life. It's basically just a Catholic mass with all kinds of ambiguous language substituted for things like "god" and "jesus," etc.

It's hilarious.

I was invited once. By someone who thought my lack of faith was due to the harsh language of more 'hardcore' churches.

Enter UU, church for agnostics. Where you're there for the community and the belief is the loose reason for assembling.

Not my scene. If you want to hang out with likeminded people, it doesn't need to be church. Especially when people don't believe it.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-12-07 11:46:21  
You are all wrong convert to Islam before it's too late.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-07 11:48:29  
Who's ignorant?

/sheepishly raises his hand a little

someone just told me there wasn't an airplane equivalent to a car's alternator that provides electrical power for the plane....

and I was like...that sounds weird... I am going to have to go look that one up...

but then I forgot about it
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 11:50:30  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
"My son went to Earth once. I don't know what you people did to him, but he hasn't been the same ever since."

Credit to SMBC
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-07 12:04:18  
Jetackuu said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I have been given freedom from those set of laws.
No, you haven't.
If I were relying on those laws to obtain righteousness it would be impossible and Christ's death and resurrection would have been for nothing if it were possible to be saved through the law.

That is all I meant by the statement you took out of context.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-07 12:08:44  
Ehh? This sure got weird.

As I've said before, the Old Testament is just a bunch of oral stories and traditions that were passed down generation to generation until they were written down. The laws and rules they speak about are merely just things that "worked" for those people, in that environment at that time. When you are a group of semi-nomadic tribes moving around and living a harsh life, those things are actually needed to be functional. Most other nomadic tribes also developed similiar traditions and laws. People who take that stuff literally these days are missing the forest for the trees.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-07 12:17:17  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
*** statistic
Here is the link.
http://www.the-american-interest.com/2014/10/05/the-alcohol-industry-needs-alcoholism-to-thrive/

And I was wrong about the percent.
The real percent is 20% become addicts and that 20% makes 80% of alcohol sales.
So it's actually worse than what I stated before.

Good night.

Terribly sorry, but I believe Jassik already crushed your argument because you did use *** Statistics which are not accurate to the exact principle you were arguing, may I suggest dropping the bible you seem to be delivering a sermon from and open a text book for Mathematics and perhaps fill your brain with facts rather propaganda written to indoctrinate people in a subservient state.

All you've managed to do so far is argue "stance" with no understanding of what you were actually arguing. While yeah it's poorly written, I managed to get it on my first try so, I'll hold you to the same standard.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-07 12:18:38  
New poll shows Ted Cruz in the lead in Iowa caucuses.

Politically induced priapism. How long must one go before contacting health officials again?
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-07 12:22:57  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
New poll shows Ted Cruz in the lead in Iowa caucuses.

Politically induced priapism. How long must one go before contacting health officials again?

Probably 5 days?
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-07 12:25:59  

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
Quote:
Matthew 7:15-20
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Quote:
Galatians 5
19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

There are guidelines here to help us know who is really doing Christs work or their own work.
Anyone calling them self a Christian should really examine them self to see if these scriptures are true in their life.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-07 12:27:46  
Who's ignorant?

/sheepishly raises his hand a little

someone just told me there wasn't an airplane equivalent to a car's alternator that provides electrical power for the plane....

and I was like...that sounds weird... I am going to have to go look that one up...

but then I forgot about it
Um, there is. It's generally mechanically coupled to the turbine in each engine. As an auxiliary supply, you typically will have something like a ram air turbine available to provide emergency power if you have multi-engine failures.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-07 12:30:06  

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
Well, I guess that explains the Catholic pedophelia thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1133 1134 1135 ... 1375 1376 1377