Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1126 1127 1128 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 11:44:28  
Last I heard it was 80k.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-05 11:47:53  
Jassik said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Isis is a political entity, to support them in their war on the west is to support terrorism.

Single whackos like the guy in Colorado may have political motives (and may be terrorists), but the distinction is in the numbers. One guy here and there vs millions (?) of radicalized Muslims who wage war in the name of their god.

Millions? Best estimates put active ISIS members under 20K.

Just a heads up, too, their god is your god, they just see him a little different through a different prophet.

charlo999 said: »
If Christ said don't kill or fight against even your enemies and someone goes and kills in christs name, you think said person is acting in Christs name?
Why does the false label even apply?

In the same vein, Christians pull a lot of their dogma from the Torah, which is a pretty bloody book, even compared to the Qur'an. If those tools aren't Christians, ISIS aren't Muslims.

Basically
The God of both is the same apart from having 2 different Messages and teachings and natures.

You'll have to point me to the scripture where Jesus States to follow mosaic law. Any half intelligent person can see it was a law that was for its time for its historic world situation through which Gods plan was being forfilled.
Do you not notice the books are called old and New Testaments?

Whereas islams teachings of violence isnt an historical one, it is in effect until the end of the world. When Islam rules the planet as the Quran and hadiths States.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-05 12:00:25  
Terrorism is an ideology
It's not, it's only a method used to carry out or enforce an ideology.

Isis is a political entity
This could potentially be a justification to label the events that occurred in CA as terrorism if the shooting was carried out in an attempt to support, strengthen, or something similar that was meant to further IS/IS/IL as a legitimate political entity.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-05 12:02:04  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Last I heard it was 80k.

Oh right, I forgot it was the JV team. Is that the number we think are really committed to the cause, because it sure as hell isn't the population that they control under their caliphate.

Regardless it's been pointed out again and again here that when pew did polling and research on the matter it found millions of Muslims around the world were sympathetic to the cause of Islamic terrorism.
By charlo999 2015-12-05 12:05:11  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Terrorism is an ideology

This could potentially be a justification to label the events that occurred in CA as terrorism if the shooting was carried out in an attempt to support, strengthen, or something similar that was meant to further IS/IS/IL as a legitimate political entity.

Islam has the political entity in sharia law. Isis is meant to further islams goal of world sharia law.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-05 12:07:12  
A neighbor of the couple wanted to say something to the authorities but feared the backlash of being labeled an "islamophobe".

Good job lefties! Keep stroking that PC ***, it's making a difference.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-05 12:10:13  
A neighbor of the couple wanted to say something to the authorities but feared the backlash of being labeled an "islamophobe".

Good job lefties! Keep stroking that PC ***, it's making a difference.

Its actually people like you that we can blame for this.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 12:17:15  

No, Terrorism is the ideology of using violence and intimidation to accomplish political goals. Violence and intimidation are the method, terrorism is the ideology. I know where you're going with that definition and it's plain wrong.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-05 12:18:50  
The investigation into the evens in CA needs to show the perpetrators' link(s) to IS/IS/IL and/or show what their political goal was in order to be properly labeled as terrorism then. The violence and coercion part is clear, but without a political goal, it stands a senseless act. It seems highly unlikely that the three of them acted without any type of goal, it's just a matter of uncovering exactly what that political goal was.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 12:19:26  
Terrorism is an ideology

Islam has the political entity in sharia law. Isis is meant to further islams goal of world sharia law.

And missionaries are meant to further Christianity's goal of worldwide biblical law. Different methods, same goal.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 12:20:52  
The investigation into the evens in CA needs to show the perpetrators' link(s) to IS/IS/IL and/or show what their political goal was in order to be properly labeled as terrorism then. The violence and coercion part is clear, but without a political goal, it stands a senseless act. It seems highly unlikely that the three of them acted without any type of goal, it's just a matter of uncovering exactly what that political goal was.

It's terrorism whether we understand their motivations and goals or not. They could be flat out nuts and trying to pave the way for the alien overlords. It really makes no difference, since even anarchy and chaos are political goals.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 12:22:00  
Terrorism is an ideology

And missionaries are meant to further Christianity's goal of worldwide biblical law. Different methods, same goal.
No, we preach the gospel of Christ.
Not the law of Moses.

Galatians 2:17-21New International Version (NIV)

17 “But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

19 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”[a]
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-05 12:23:10  
Terrorism is an ideology

Well Bible law, if you wanna call it that (christs message) is one of moral/spiritual law not political. Christianity is to be spread peacefully by words and must be accepted freely. Islam is political and enforced.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-05 12:27:27  
The thing with Islam is that there are hundreds of millions of Muslims who buy into the interpretation that infidels are subhuman and Allah doesn't give two shits about what you do to them. Bury them up top their necks and stone them for adultery, throw them off of buildings for being gay, or sacrifice yourself and blow a few thousand of them up for whatever, that's a-ok. That's a pretty big "problem" and one that is unique to the "religion of peace".

But back to Christianity. Even if there are "christian terrorists", the moral equivalency game everyone on the left plays is nothing more than stroking their massive PC ***. Islamic terrorism is a HUGE problem in the world today. Refusing to acknowledge it's danger by pointing your finger at everything else is quite literally the most dangerous and worst kind of denial mechanism we could ever exhibit as a society. Especially when it pokes your head in your backyard.
You and I aren't infidels Nasui, we are people of the book. We are supposed to be taxed, not murdered. Infidels, as I pointed out in another post, are indeed fair game.

I would say that fundamentalism is the HUGE problem.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-05 12:31:41  
Islam is political and enforced.

Only by the fundamentalists.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 12:33:48  
The shia get killed. The sunni only if they are not complacent. The wahhabists rejoice.

Christians and jews(dunno about other religions cause they never talk about it)can live in the IS by paying an extra tax. If they refuse this tax then they kill them.

Not that this is fine of course, but just to clarify, it's like Chanti says.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-05 12:36:43  
You'll have to point me to the scripture where Jesus States to follow mosaic law....
Ummm... Mosaic law? That's the 10 commandments. You know, the stuff engraved on stone that Moses brought down from the mountain.

All the rest of the Torah's thou shall nots are what we call the fences. They serve to protect the laws. (I'm not quite sure how not wearing mixed fibers protects the laws, but I amn't a rabbi.)

I'm fairly sure that Jesus abolished the need for the fences.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-05 12:45:44  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You'll have to point me to the scripture where Jesus States to follow mosaic law....
Ummm... Mosaic law? That's the 10 commandments. You know, the stuff engraved on stone that Moses brought down from the mountain.

All the rest of the Torah's thou shall nots are what we call the fences. They serve to protect the laws. (I'm not quite sure how not wearing mixed fibers protects the laws, but I amn't a rabbi.)

I'm fairly sure that Jesus abolished the need for the fences.

Ok you seem to be skirting round comments ignorantly.

Please show me in the 10 commandments the teaching that commands what you originally implied

Quote:
In the same vein, Christians pull a lot of their dogma from the Torah, which is a pretty bloody book, even compared to the Qur'an. If those tools aren't Christians, ISIS aren't Muslims.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-05 12:50:46  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Islam is political and enforced.

Only by the fundamentalists.

Quote:
Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives an property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

Quote:
Sura 9:29-33 “Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God, or in the last day, and who forbid not that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and who profess not the profession of the truth, until they pay tribute out of hand, and they be humbled.”
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 12:54:22  
Well Bible law, if you wanna call it that (christs message) is one of moral/spiritual law not political. Christianity is to be spread peacefully by words and must be accepted freely. Islam is political and enforced.

The Romans sure thought it was political.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-05 12:56:20  

No, Terrorism is the ideology of using violence and intimidation to accomplish political goals. Violence and intimidation are the method, terrorism is the ideology. I know where you're going with that definition and it's plain wrong.
I had something else typed, but I took another approach and searched to see what the reasoning is behind this unorthodox definition of terrorism you're trying to establish here.

How can terrorism be its own ideology?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 12:58:44  

I had something else typed, but I took another approach and searched to see what the reasoning is behind this unorthodox definition of terrorism you're trying to establish here.

Because you're using the wrong meaning for ideology? I'd like to know what you think the definition of terrorism is.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-05 12:59:29  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Last I heard it was 80k.

Oh right, I forgot it was the JV team. Is that the number we think are really committed to the cause, because it sure as hell isn't the population that they control under their caliphate.

Regardless it's been pointed out again and again here that when pew did polling and research on the matter it found millions of Muslims around the world were sympathetic to the cause of Islamic terrorism.
Some said they were sympathetic to suicide bombings targeting civilian centers.

Quote:
Few Muslims in most of the countries surveyed say that suicide bombing can often or sometimes be justified against civilian targets in order to defend Islam from its enemies. And support for the tactic has fallen in many countries over the last decade. Still, in some countries a substantial minority say that suicide bombing can be justified.

Weren't you ok with bombing schools a few pages back in certain circumstances?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-05 13:07:50  

Because you're using the wrong meaning for ideology? I'd like to know what you think the definition of terrorism is.
I'm using the most widely accepted definition.

In order for it to be terrorism there had to be some type of political goal and a systematic use of violent acts to frighten the people into coercion.

Or more specifically:

Quote:
the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Without an ideology or political motivation, it's not terrorism, but just a random act of violence.
By charlo999 2015-12-05 13:11:11  

The Romans sure thought it was political.

The Romans fed Christians to lions and brutally killed them after Nero blamed them for the fire that engulfed Rome. And of course it challenged their long established pagan beliefs. What else are you talking about?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-05 13:13:26  
According to an AP poll* in May 2015 many Americans are ok with drone strikes killing innocent American citizens abroad if it is targeting terrorists
Quote:
Just 47 percent of many Americans think it’s appropriate to use drones to target terrorists overseas if innocent Americans might be killed in the process.

A foreign civilian casualities question was not asked.

*smaller sample size than I would prefer, 1,077. +/- 3.4% error rate
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-05 13:15:31  
It's appalling how often they kill civilians with drone strikes and not one terrorist is there.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 13:20:33  
Without an ideology or political motivation, it's not terrorism, but just a random act of violence.

It can simply be in opposition to a political goal and still be terrorism. It doesn't even have to be a generally accepted or even known political goal. It's the tactics that make it terrorism, not the goals.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-05 13:24:15  
The Romans fed Christians to lions and brutally killed them after Nero blamed them for the fire that engulfed Rome. And of course it challenged their long established pagan beliefs. What else are you talking about?

Nero wasn't even born when Jesus was put to death for sedition and Nero also brutally killed all kinds of people.

The feeding of Christians to lions is widely overstated. There's some evidence it happened more than once in the outer territories over the course of a few centuries, but it's not like it was a weekly event in Rome.

Any other long since debunked persecutions you'd like to throw out before we get into the 1200 years of Christians murdering everyone in their path?
First Page 2 3 ... 1126 1127 1128 ... 1375 1376 1377