Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1084 1085 1086 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-18 12:39:58  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
This does not mean those 10% are terrorists

so you guys are denouncing an entire group of people for the actions of less than 10%?

seems legit.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 12:41:26  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Missed this one cuz it was on the bottom of last page, sorry.
How can you guarantee that within these refugees, there will be no terrorist, or people sympathetic to terrorism?

Can you at least recognize that importing terrorists and/or people sympathetic to terrorism is a bad idea?
No one can guarantee something like that, you can't even guarantee that there won't be terrorists or sympathizers emerging from natural born citizens. Why are you assuming these refugees are terrorists or sympathizers? If anything, they're less likely to be terrorists since they are poor, broken people just looking for a peaceful life somewhere.

edit: I hope you didn't miss my post above

I'm not assuming they are.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
How can you guarantee that within these refugees, there will be no terrorist, or people sympathetic to terrorism?

Fear mongering.
Can you guarantee your neighbour isn't a terrorist or sympathetic to terrorism? No, you can't, you aren't him.

Now there's the risk factor, countries select their refugees, it's not some kind of random refugees batch. Risk is low.

My neighbor has a right to be here. She's a citizen and this is her home.

These people come from a place and a culture that is pretty hostile to America. It's pretty irresponsible to bring them in without assuring they didn't share that same hostility. That's a legitimate concern.

The Tzarnaev brothers were refugees weren't they? It took them over a decade to become terrorists, but they came to this country initially as children. No one thought they were a threat when they did.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-18 12:44:25  
Nope, the Tzarnaev's were not refugees.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-18 12:58:44  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Quote:
Mr. Obama is sticking by his promise that the U.S. will take some 10,000 refugees in 2016, and even more in 2017.

Really, this is the amount of refugees people in the US are upset about....

Not really, these refugees, after going through a stringent vetting process, will be welcomed with open arms across the US. We have already admitted over 2,000, which as you say, is a very small number. They are refugees, not immigrants, so its difficult for them to get here.

The vetting process is not stringent. They are only checked against Federal watch lists that we already have. We know nothing about them beyond that. We have no records on the people from Syria and how could we trust any information that might exist from a government that Obama has been trying to overthrow for the last two years?

I wonder where you are getting this from? Looks like you need to do some more research.

How else are you claiming that they are being vetted other than an interview and using our own lists?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-18 13:00:20  
Siren.Mosin said: »

so you guys are denouncing an entire group of people for the actions of less than 10%?

seems legit.

You can do better than a strawman. C'mon, Hemmingway.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-18 13:02:38  
Well, I'm not doing your research for you, but I will start you off with the first step in gaining entry is they have to be designated refugees by the UN, who has their own standards of issuing designations. Coming to the US as a refugee is the most difficult path in gaining entry. The Tzarnaev's were not refugees.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 13:03:11  
Siren.Mosin said: »

seems legit.

Middle eastern Muslims are far more concentrated than that 10% according to polling

Quote:
In a 2007 Pew Research poll in response to a question on whether suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets to defend Islam could be justified, in mainly Muslim countries:

45% of Muslims in Egypt believed it could never be justified, 25% believed it could be justified rarely, 20% sometimes, and 8% thought it could be justified often.
61% of Muslims in Turkey believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 14% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often.
43% of Muslims in Jordan believed it could never be justified, 28% believed it could be justified rarely, 24% sometimes, and 5% thought it could be justified often.
28% of Muslims in Nigeria believed it could never be justified, 23% believed it could be justified rarely, 38% sometimes, and 8% thought it could be justified often.
69% of Muslims in Pakistan believed it could never be justified, 8% believed it could be justified rarely, 7% sometimes, and 7% thought it could be justified often.
71% of Muslims in Indonesia believed it could never be justified, 18% believed it could be justified rarely, 8% sometimes, and 2% thought it could be justified often.

You repeatedly misrepresent everything I say. Ramy is apparently contagious.

How many people who are sympathetic to terrorism should we allow into the country?
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-18 13:03:19  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
to assert the point that Islam is a totally violent religion.
Islam is not a totally violent religion, but it is used for totally violent causes.

My question is, why isn't the citizens/governments aren't cracking down (or cracking down harder) in the region where ISIS is at? I'm sure, with all the people joining ISIS, it shouldn't be THAT hard for a person in these countries, if they aren't at the very least partially sympathetic to their cause, to rat these a-holes out.

If these people who claim their religion is a peaceful one aren't ratting out these violent extremists, then how can they claim their religion to be a peaceful one? I would think that these people, who truly wish for peace, would get rid of violence once and for all.

It's hard for an outsider (in this case, the rest of the world) to crack down on a group of extremists if they are being protected by the government and citizens surrounding them, while those very government/citizens bleating that they are a peaceful people.
Short answer: they are. ISIS is as much of a threat to us as it is to you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 13:05:55  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Quote:
Mr. Obama is sticking by his promise that the U.S. will take some 10,000 refugees in 2016, and even more in 2017.

Really, this is the amount of refugees people in the US are upset about....

Not really, these refugees, after going through a stringent vetting process, will be welcomed with open arms across the US. We have already admitted over 2,000, which as you say, is a very small number. They are refugees, not immigrants, so its difficult for them to get here.

The vetting process is not stringent. They are only checked against Federal watch lists that we already have. We know nothing about them beyond that. We have no records on the people from Syria and how could we trust any information that might exist from a government that Obama has been trying to overthrow for the last two years?

I wonder where you are getting this from? Looks like you need to do some more research.

How else are you claiming that they are being vetted other than an interview and using our own lists?
The same government that can't build an effective Obamacare website for 600 million dollars is totally gonna figure out if these refugees are dangerous.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 13:07:12  
Nausi will do it for 50 bucks and a bag of Doritos Nacho Cheese flavor.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-18 13:07:31  
Quote:
Franska radiokanalen RTL har en namngiven källa som säger att Abdelhamid Abaaoud är död: Claude Moniquet vid fransk underrättelsetjänst, som står under försvarsministeriet, säger till RTL att Abdelhamid Abaaoud är en av de två terrorister som dödades.

French radio channel RTL's source Claude Moniquet from French Intelligence says that Abdelhamid Abaaoud is one of the two terrorists who were killed.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 13:08:31  

Wrong again Vic

Quote:
He and his family had traveled to the United States on a tourist VISA and subsequently claimed asylum during their stay in 2002. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen on September 11, 2012.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-18 13:08:38  
charlo999 said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Muslims claim isis is perverting islam.
A muslim hater claims all muslims are terrorists.

Hard to chose who to give credit...

Your own cleverness is snaring you here. Please quote me saying I hate Muslims and all Muslims are terrorists. Your either illiterate or severely obtuse. Either way I'm trying to have an adult discussion with you about the source texts and the obvious source for the problems we are seeing.
I'd respect you more for keeping your ignorance to yourself if you are going to act like a petulant child. If you want to engage in a meaningful way read the texts and let's talk. Otherwise I'm not going to bother debating with your uneducated ego on this extremely important topic that shouldn't be swept so easily under the rug of political correctness and self righteous equality.
I think the only person here who'd be interested in discussing this would be me. If you want to have a relaxed, mature discussion about this you're than welcome to send PM's.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-18 13:12:48  

Wrong again Vic

Quote:
He and his family had traveled to the United States on a tourist VISA and subsequently claimed asylum during their stay in 2002. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen on September 11, 2012.

LOL, thanks for posting proof that they weren't refugees, and proving that you don't know the very distinct difference between refugees and asylees. Well done!
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 13:13:43  
The only God that matters is the Waffle God.

WAFFLES IN PnR!
By Jetackuu 2015-11-18 13:13:55  
asylees
New word of the evening.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-18 13:15:14  
Jetackuu said: »
asylees
New word of the evening.
And potential baby name.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-18 13:15:20  

Wrong again Vic

Quote:

While those who wish asylum need to meet refugee requirements, refugee status can only be granted to those outside of the country.

They qualified for asylum, which is done from within and -- at least from what I can see -- has a lesser degree of scrutiny.
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 13:16:46  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Jetackuu said: »
asylees
New word of the evening.
And potential celebrity baby name.
ftfy
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 13:17:21  
Myley Asylee.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 13:23:07  

Wrong again Vic

Quote:

LOL, thanks for posting proof that they weren't refugees, and proving that you don't know the very distinct difference between refugees and asylees. Well done!
Refugees claim asylum bud.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-18 13:25:03  

Wrong again Vic

Quote:

This post has no relevance to the differing definitions between the two. Anything else?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-18 13:33:04  
You can do better than a strawman. C'mon, Hemmingway.

You repeatedly misrepresent everything I say. Ramy is apparently contagious.

I give up. I have been bested by you gentlemen's superior logic and wit.

Death to islam, I guess.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 13:33:37  

Wrong again Vic

Quote:

This post has no relevance to the differing definitions between the two. Anything else?

Is there a difference between the two? Aside from physical location? Nope they're effectively the same thing.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-18 13:35:46  
Is there a difference between the two? Aside from physical location? Nope they're effectively the same thing.

There is a huge difference. They are not the same. The Tzarnaev's were not refugees. Add this to the long list of subjects nausi clearly knows nothing about.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 13:39:59  

There is a huge difference. They are not the same. The Tzarnaev's were not refugees. Add this to the long list of subjects nausi clearly knows nothing about.

Quote:
With their baseball hats and sauntering gaits, they appeared to friends and neighbors like ordinary American boys. But the Boston bombing suspects were refugees from another world — the blood, rubble and dirty wars of the Russian Caucasus.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-18 13:42:04  
Clearly the solution is to build not just walls around the entire country, but an impenetrable dome, to save us from outsiders.

Revere the Emperor, expel the foreign barbarian!

...oh. Oh wait.

We nuked the last people who thought that way.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-18 13:43:04  

Quote:
With their baseball hats and sauntering gaits, they appeared to friends and neighbors like ordinary American boys. But the Boston bombing suspects were refugees from another world — the blood, rubble and dirty wars of the Russian Caucasus.

What, you lambast the mainstream media all the time and now you're running to their erroneous use of a word to defend your flimsy assertions?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-18 13:43:21  
That quote does nothing for your false narrative nausi. Keep flailing, you aren't changing the definition, and you aren't changing the Tzarnaev family's official status, no matter how hard you try.
First Page 2 3 ... 1084 1085 1086 ... 1375 1376 1377