Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1069 1070 1071 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-11 12:59:59  
Ya Rubio did well, I forgot to mention that. Cruz was like a bad caricature of the worst carsalesman you've ever met.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-11 13:16:58  
I tried to watch the debate but it made me angry... there are common sense jet~tastic reforms that I think we could get everyone to agree on and get this country moving again instead of being an old studebaker with bald tires and a dead battery sitting on blocks in some rednecks front yard dreaming about when it used to be awesome.

like....

instead of "cutting goverment workers jobs" just don't hire more people and when people retire it will fix itself...with a lot less impact. don't these guys remember sequestration!? friggen cut like two days of work a month from government workers pay and every doughnut/coffee shop in the area went out of business...

and
yeah let's get rid of the Federal reserve rand paul, that won't make everyone panic...good plan >.>

ted cruz is going to eliminate "the IRS, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, uh, the Department of Commerce, and HUD"

way to lower unemployment.... >.>
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-11 13:20:19  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
common sense

Thing is, this phrase is vague and very subjective, and quite frankly dumb.

But I'm just with you on the rest.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-11 13:24:03  
Lets abolish the IRS, so no one can collect taxes!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-11 13:27:01  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Lets abolish the IRS, so no one can collect taxes!

yeah lol, that'll lower our debt overnight!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-11 13:31:47  
I remeber in 08 watching an obama speech...
um We're going to um change the um way things are um done in um washington!

and thinking
sure you are
, they have only been doing things that way for 239 years I'm sure it will be a piece of cake.

way to shark bite off more than anyone could possible chew in eight years homeslice...good luck with that
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-11 14:04:12  
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/11/11/first-major-restaurant-chain-tests-no-tipping/75571432/
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-11 14:14:33  
Jetackuu said: »
common sense

Thing is, this phrase is vague and very subjective, and quite frankly dumb.

But I'm just with you on the rest.

edited

and then they can't understand why government workers don't vote for them...it must be all the media bias!

"were just going to fire you all and take away unemployment and welfare I'm sure all thirty million of you will land on your feet"

and jesus h christ john kasich...you should have just taken off one shoe and one sock, whipped out a pistol and blown a hole you can see through in your own foot....

it would have been faster and less painful to watch
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-11 14:33:44  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

That's similar to how it is in France, the tip is included in the bill, they like tourists because a lot don't know about it and tip anyways.
I wonder how much service will suffer from this.

Don't really care anyway, dining out is a moot point for me. But I wonder if service will suffer because servers won't care about trying to get the best tips from people anymore.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-11 14:44:31  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

That's similar to how it is in France, the tip is included in the bill, they like tourists because a lot don't know about it and tip anyways.
I wonder how much service will suffer from this.

Don't really care anyway, dining out is a moot point for me. But I wonder if service will suffer because servers won't care about trying to get the best tips from people anymore.

That thought experiment breaks down instantly when you take it out of the food service field. Not many fields have that pay format and they have the same variance in work performance as any other.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-11 15:10:54  
Joe's crab shack sucks.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-11 15:19:13  
It is so overrated.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-11 15:20:55  
Good, now for the rest to follow suit.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-11 15:29:09  
What is your objection to the tipping system?
By Jetackuu 2015-11-11 15:30:56  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

It's outdated, obsolete and an just an excuse for employers to not properly pay their employees? Shouldn't really have to spell it out.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-11-11 15:36:03  

- It introduces variance in income at a pay bracket that probably doesn't have the cushion to weather a couple bad weeks
- It disproportionately hurts servers scheduled during 'dead' times
- It moves the risk of poor business from the employer to the employees

There are a lot of other, more feelsies reasons, like how it puts women servers into a position where they have to endure a certain amount of objectification if they want to make money, but the above three are solid reasons for getting rid of it that don't rely on anyone giving a ***about women, so it's a better set of arguments.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-11 15:56:39  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Drama Torama said: »

- It introduces variance in income at a pay bracket that probably doesn't have the cushion to weather a couple bad weeks

There are a lot of other, more feelsies reasons, like how it puts women servers into a position where they have to endure a certain amount of objectification if they want to make money, but the above three are solid reasons for getting rid of it that don't rely on anyone giving a ***about women, so it's a better set of arguments.

Yeah, but if you tip the slightly chubby or flat chested servers more you can get a little extra after work.

Think of it like double points *** back on your Penial Gold Miles card. Just have to show them a good tip.
Rooks said: »
The *** is wrong with you

On another note, the /forum tab doesn't show on ffxivpro.com side of your account page Rooks.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-11-11 16:00:55  
Jetackuu said: »

On another note, the /forum tab doesn't show on ffxivpro.com side of your account page Rooks.

Does for me. PM me a screenshot, and let's take this to PMs to not clutter this thread.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-11 18:01:21  
I tried to watch the debate but it made me angry...
That is why I don't watch those things.

Listening to politicians makes me angry. I don't like being angry.

I do read LOTS of reports and analyses of the assorted debates though.

General consensus no one really won this one but as usual the truth was the clear looser.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-11 18:05:22  
I noticed the fact checkers weren't kind no matter what source you use.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-11 18:22:29  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I noticed the fact checkers weren't kind no matter what source you use.
Political debates and facts mix like oil and water.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-11 18:36:35  
Drama Torama said: »

Do you think that you would get as good of service if you weren't allowed to tip? Have you ever been to a place outside the US that doesn't partake in tipping? Service is very often slow and terrible.

The tipping system is great. I have been a server before and I think everyone should have a job as a server at some point in their life just so they can understand the relationship and ethics involved with tipping. Simply put, hustle and you just might make a decent living. Kick back at the bar and pay no attention to your customers, well you'll likely pay for it.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-11 18:43:56  
Do you think that you would get as good of service if you weren't allowed to tip? Have you ever been to a place outside the US that doesn't partake in tipping? Service is very often slow and terrible.

I've been to restaurants in countries that don't tip and the service was by in large far better than here. Maybe because the job pays a living wage and the servers aren't on a revolving door of dead end jobs.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-11 18:57:28  
Jassik said: »

I've been to restaurants in countries that don't tip and the service was by in large far better than here. Maybe because the job pays a living wage and the servers aren't on a revolving door of dead end jobs.

Thus implying that being a server is a dead end job. Some servers can make over 300 bucks a night. Hardly a dead end job.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-11 19:05:02  
Jassik said: »

Thus implying that being a server is a dead end job. Some servers can make over 300 bucks a night. Hardly a dead end job.

Yeah, and some people cleaning up trash find a hundred dollar bill. Exceptions don't disprove the rule. For the vast majority of career servers, there is little or no chance of advancement and earning a decent wage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1069 1070 1071 ... 1375 1376 1377