users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Tips on Campaign Battle
Tips on Campaign Battle
 Fairy.Rikhu
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-08-03 23:41:39  
Any tips how to get a lot of Allied Notes in Campaign Battle?

like:
- Curing NPC
- Doing a lot damage to mob
- Blizzaga , Die , reraise , Blizzaga , Die , reraise, repeat
- Getting a lot of hate

or any other trick?
example:
- get 1 enemy and duo with friend.

Which one will generate better AN ?
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-04 00:05:15  
well as Ninja/war i just wail on the closest mob, throw up shadows, keep Yonin up and Provoke every now and then i get a little over if not close to 2k each battle and it doesnt even have to be long
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-04 00:06:03  
correciton, thats 2k xp which is like 1.2k in AN
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-04 00:08:36  
You know, i consider myself fairly knowledgeable with this game....

but when people post screen shots of a 30 minute campaign battle and they get 5,000+ exp and allied notes... it makes me go WTF lol.

Typically when i do campaign i try to take as much damage as i can without dying, cure myself, and then get right back in. I also try to spam abilities and spells whenever i can.

My best results on SAM/DNC seem to be only HALF of what i see people post sometimes still.

I've never went over 3,000 exp but that was for an HOUR campaign back when nobody did them.

wtf you guys doing lol.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-04 00:09:34  
Just do a little of everything... I tend to get my highest totals as PLD/DNC and RDM/WHM.

Your post fight awards will be determined by among other things: DMG dealt (physical and magical), WS/ SC DMG, total HP cured, enemies killed.

So ya... like I said at outset do a little of everything. An easy way to score notes is party up and just play your job as you would normally.

Also and this is the dirtiest little secret in campaign when it comes to racking up EXP and NOTES... Do the "Aegis Scream" Campaign OP! Basically it's bonus EXP/ NOTES for fighting in areas your home nation controls. :D
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-04 00:13:46  
Malekith said:
Just do a little of everything... I tend to get my highest totals as PLD/DNC and RDM/WHM.

Your post fight awards will be determined by among other things: DMG dealt (physical and magical), WS/ SC DMG, total HP cured, enemies killed.

So ya... like I said at outset do a little of everything. An easy way to score notes is party up and just play your job as you would normally.

Also and this is the dirtiest little secret in campaign when it comes to racking up EXP and NOTES... Do the "Aegis Scream" Campaign OP! Basically it's bonus EXP/ NOTES for fighting in areas your home nation controls. :D

Yeah i always do Aegis Scream IV, and that's the thing i typically DO a little of everything lol. I cure myself, take a LOT of damage, do weapon skill/SC damage, i try to get kill shots... still i only come up to about 2,000 for a 30 minute.

Still have yet to hit stellar numbers.
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-04 00:15:34  
tricks? well http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Campaign:_Experience_Point_Calculation_Guide

tbh, the more you can do the better. Personally i go PUP to campaign and im capping exp pretty fast. Tanking and DDing myself and additionaly Healing, Enfeebling and damage from my automaton.

You can surely just do damage and get good exp tho, that's out of question, but as unfair as it sounds, some jobs have a slight advantage above others, but that goes for everything, doesnt it. ;P

Oh yea, don't go /whm pls, you can buy a RR scroll for ~30 Notes afaik and if your dieing continuesly yourdoinitwrong anyway, your better going for /dnc or at least /sch, since /sch provides Reraise too now and in terms of healing just lasts longer.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-04 00:16:59  
It's just harder these days due to there being a reward beyond EXP/ notes for participating. Back a year ago, solo I could rack up 7K by switching up tags every 5-10 minutes (2-3 mobs killed) per 30 minute fight.

It's just different now so you have to adapt.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-04 00:28:29  
don't just stand at the fort npc when the beastmen advance and be like "ZOMG" when they suddenly all show up on you.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-04 00:42:13  
As some people said, it definitely helps being able to do a lot of things. If you can spread out your activities, it helps you earn more points. Melee, take dmg, cure, enfeeble, elemental dmg, skillchains, killshots, etc... Spreading it out is good as each category generally has seperate caps.

Also, not sure what rank you are, but try and rank up as quickly as possible as rank determines your cap XP/AN per minute. AN is base XP/2, but you can get equal amounts to the XP you recieve if you do a LOT of stuff.

As for the people claiming they do like 5k in half an hr, it's just BS, lol. There's hard caps for how much you can get over time so they're probably actually doing it a lot longer than they thought.
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-08-04 00:45:07  
lol yeah, just see the chart about Time and Medal Total Caps and Per Action Calculations.

Thanks a lot guys ^^
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-04 00:53:22  
Tarowyn said:
As for the people claiming they do like 5k in half an hr, it's just BS, lol. There's hard caps for how much you can get over time so they're probably actually doing it a lot longer than they thought.
If you never change tags, then you get capped according to the table in that link posted above.

There's no disputing that it's ~5k max/ tag. Yet whoever said you had to only get tags once? If you reach your caps for each category quickly and swap old tags for new, you can achieve a higher level of exp/notes in the aggregate over 30 mins.
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-08-04 00:57:31  
swap new tag for another curing bomb and enhance npc? can do that?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-04 01:34:33  
Rikhu said:
swap new tag for another curing bomb and enhance npc? can do that?
Once you hit your caps for a specific action according to that chart the best thing you could do is get evaluated, and then get new tags.... Rinse repeat as needed! This is how people get more than 5K per battle...
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-04 01:42:31  
It's not a max per tag, it's a max per time period. I've gotten over 5k for a battle, I'm just saying it's not a battle that only lasted half an hr. No matter how many times you switch tags, you'll still be capped out by the per/min limit.

The only thing about switching tags now is it resets your union participation which could possibly be annoying.

As for cure bombing/enhancing. You could do it but it gets old REALLY fast, lol. It's not really that hard to cap out if you're lvl 75 anyways and infinitely more enjoyable to do that then to sit there casting protect on some npc for half an hour.
 Bahamut.Memimi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-08-04 02:21:16  
Do you get exp/notes for pet attacks? I usually got DRG/WHM but I haven't really noticed if you get exp for damage your pet does or hp it heals.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-04 02:26:22  
Japanese wiki says that your pet dmg counts towards your dmg total, doesn't specfiy anything about healing as far as I can tell though.