Thickets / Misareaux / Bibiki Lag... Anyone Else?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Thickets / Misareaux / Bibiki lag... Anyone else?
Thickets / Misareaux / Bibiki lag... Anyone else?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-03 05:41:15  
Hi.

Recently I've been noticing an increasing problem with some of the new(ish) zones. In these zones, I suffer constant R0. By constant, I literally mean, nearly every 10 seconds I'll R0 down to about 80%, and then spring back into life. I haven't had this problem up until a few days ago, ever. The strangest part is, it's happening in three zones and only three zones; Bhaflau Thickets, Misareaux Coast and Bibiki Bay.

Fortunately, I don't go to the last two zones very often. But as you can imagine, it's really interfering with my gameplay in Bhaflau Thickets. I haven't got a clue what might be causing this problem. I've been using the same graphics setup for three years without any problems before. What adds to the mystery is that a few friends in my linkshell are also experiencing this problem, in the exact same three zones. Coincidence? I doubt it. Especially as some are as far away from me as 8,000 miles...

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, perhaps in other zones? It's frightfully irritating as you can imagine, and it's making merit parties and ZNM in Bhaflau Thickets nigh-on impossible to do. I know it's not my connection causing this, as somebody else using this connection has no problem at all. I'm also sure it's not the graphics setup I'm using, as I've been using this graphics setup for three years with zero problems. I've also logged into a friend's account on this computer and haven't got this problem.

It makes no sense.

But anyway, I digress. Does anyone know what might be causing this, and how I could fix it if they do know the cause? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
 Asura.Folant
サーバ: Asura
user: Folant
By Asura.Folant 2009-08-03 05:45:08  
Probably a serverside issues going by what you said. If so, only thing you can do is not go to those areas, or suffer it until SE fixes whatever the problem is.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-03 05:58:58  
I was thinking it's serverside. It's nice to know I'm not alone on that train of thought. I don't go to Bibiki Bay or Misareaux Coast much (I don't think I ever go there). But Bhaflau Thickets is a big, big problem...