Coalitions > HP Bayld > ??? > Epeolatry(profit)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » coalitions > HP bayld > ??? > Epeolatry(profit)
coalitions > HP bayld > ??? > Epeolatry(profit)
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-05-22 11:49:05  
Starting a thread to outline the actual Ergon weapon quest.

requirement 1: Legend rank in all coalitions
requirement 2: RUN AF quests completed

step 1: talk to Gaddiux at the inventors coalition, he requests a numbing blossom seed. Hints at scouts coalition and to bring a pickaxe. Didn't find anything helpful at scouts coalition.

step 2: travel to the clearing at I-8 in yorcia weald that is filled with numbing blossoms (it is behind an obstructing brush during certain game hours). A ??? will resonate with you. Mine once to get the numbing blossom seed key item, something will continue to resonate deeper. Continue mining to obtain the broken rapier hilt key item.

step 3: Return to Gaddiux who will point you to Runje Desaali (east adoulin J-10, by the coronal esplanade). Runje will give you a long spiel and request 100 HP Bayld to repair your broken rapier hilt.

my current progress is 80/100. Aside from purchasing HP bayld from runje for 10k each, there are several other means of obtaining them. HP bayld is a frequent drop if you spam reives, I've been seeing 1/5 drop rate doing lair reives in a loop around marjami. HP bayld is also a guaranteed drop from WKRs, meaning that if you feel confident enough to gain more than 5k bayld in a WKR, it's more efficient than buying. The ease of obtaining these is going to lead to prices falling rapidly for people who are bazaaring them I beleive.

Please post if you have completed further and have anything to contribute. I've seen speculation in the dat mining threads and am not sure which is accurate. From the six naakual ki, to the pristine yggzi crystal (worth 2.5m plasm?), to requirments upwards of 15600 HP Bayld.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-05-22 12:04:08  
I can only imagine it's all of those things, I'm a little shocked there is so little info regarding these weapons, considering how game changing RUN's weapon is.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-22 12:04:58  
Hey it's only been out a few days, I'm sure some will finish one soon enough.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-05-22 12:06:34  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Hey it's only been out a few days, I'm sure some will finish one soon enough.
I've seen JP's finish mythics in 2 months, I woulda thought of a few of them would have this by now XD
By Pantafernando 2014-05-22 12:14:07  
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
Starting a thread to outline the actual Ergon weapon quest.

requirement 1: Legend rank in all coalitions
requirement 2: RUN AF quests completed

step 1: talk to Gaddiux at the inventors coalition, he requests a numbing blossom seed. Hints at scouts coalition and to bring a pickaxe. Didn't find anything helpful at scouts coalition.

step 2: travel to the clearing at I-8 in yorcia weald that is filled with numbing blossoms (it is behind an obstructing brush during certain game hours). A ??? will resonate with you. Mine once to get the numbing blossom seed key item, something will continue to resonate deeper. Continue mining to obtain the broken rapier hilt key item.

step 3: Return to Gaddiux who will point you to Runje Desaali (east adoulin J-10, by the coronal esplanade). Runje will give you a long spiel and request 100 HP Bayld to repair your broken rapier hilt.

my current progress is 80/100. Aside from purchasing HP bayld from runje for 10k each, there are several other means of obtaining them. HP bayld is a frequent drop if you spam reives, I've been seeing 1/5 drop rate doing lair reives in a loop around marjami. HP bayld is also a guaranteed drop from WKRs, meaning that if you feel confident enough to gain more than 5k bayld in a WKR, it's more efficient than buying. The ease of obtaining these is going to lead to prices falling rapidly for people who are bazaaring them I beleive.

Please post if you have completed further and have anything to contribute. I've seen speculation in the dat mining threads and am not sure which is accurate. From the six naakual ki, to the pristine yggzi crystal (worth 2.5m plasm?), to requirments upwards of 15600 HP Bayld.

In the same dat mining someone said a jp reached the third stage.
From this same post:

Quote:

Pre-req: Legend rank in all coalitions
Phase 1: BC Fight + 100 H-P Bayld
Phase 2: 200 Ghastly Stones + 1 random boss crafting material drop from all 3 tier 1 Delve megabosses (Myuingwa, Dakuwaqa,Tojil) + 500 H-P Bayld
Phase 3: 200 Verdigris Stones + 1 random boss crafting material drop from all 3 tier 2 Delve megabosses (Cailimh, Wopket, Utkux) + 2,500 H-P Bayld
Phase 4: 200 Wailing Stones + Pristine Yggrete Crystal (2,500,000 plasm from Inventor's Coalition) + 9,999 H-P Bayld

My 2 cents about the hp bayld issue:

It should be clear for anyone hp bayld is the most inefficient currency to farm if you go out of your way to do it. Also, 10k-30k is a bad price to make others people go out of their way to farm bayld. Suposing an average of 100k bayld/hr you can farm with skirmish in and out, suposing there are infinites parts of simulacrums in ah, thats 10 hp bayld/hour = 300k/hour. A dynamis run will net you at least 1m/hour. Should be similar with salvage.

But the wk can make things more possible. The new wk will come soon, and suposing SE can make anything to pump the interst to do wk again (like the ultimate battlefield require all 7 wk kis and those are lost upon entry), that would force people to spam wk all day. Suposing 100 people spaming all 7 wks, that 700 hp injected in ffxi per run, so this can result in high offer so more accessible prices for everyone.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-22 12:16:05  
Phase 4 is beyond comment.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-05-22 12:22:53  
Sweet Jesus, they weren't kidding about the 'Mythic' aspect, lol.

While it does seem very much do-able, thats a spicy-meat-a-ball. there goes my wanting to do that GEO club
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-05-22 12:31:32  
just to be clear, you're saying nq ghastly/verdigris/wailing stones?

making phase2:
200 ghastly
gab horn -OR- gab meat
bzt wing -OR- bst stinger
rockfin tooth -OR- rockfin fin
500 HP bayld

phase3
200 verdigris
cehuetzi pelt -or- claw -or- shard
ygg bole or root
wak rostrum -or- crest
2500 HP bayld

phase4
200 wailing
pristine yggrete
9999 HP bayld

aside from HP bayld, none of this is really an issue. 4.3m plasm really isn't all that much, and nq stones are a dime a dozen. Now we can only hope that they introduce some means of cotton and linen pouches for HP Bayld.

edit: I don't suppose there's any word about unlocking the ws before finishing?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-22 12:37:40  
Mmm. Yep. Gonna be sticking with my Aettir I think.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-22 12:40:56  
I don't suppose there's any word about unlocking the ws before finishing?
It's been announced.
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-05-25 00:05:51  
Adding information to the starting steps for clarification...everywhere I see "what" but not how and where....

After the bc fight in Rala Waterways after you have once again shown the ZURK the face of defeataru, return back to Octavian, then back to Gaddiux to get your Lexame Blade. Not 100% sure if you have to zone, but then if you talk to him again, he talks about not being able to do anything with it. Then go to Runje and trade your sword to Runje and you're off to the races as explained above.

As for fighting the ZURK...I'd recommend going for endurance, and turtle up. Do not forget that you can buy coalition potion, and vile elixirs to cure yourself. The fight ends up being a rune swap fest to try and stay ahead of what element he switches to, and I recommend never letting your HP drop below 1500, since he can quickly kill you doing a WS like vorpal or swift blade > Lunge for me his lunges ranged anywhere from 500-1300. If you're lucky, you can block at least 1 of his lunges with your SP, and Foil may help you on the weapon skills. I also threw in a couple of Herculean slash to paralyze him.

Sword wise, I saw him use Flat Blade, Vorpal Sword, Savage Blade, and Swift Blade.

JA Wise, he used Lunge, Liement, Elemental Sforzo in my fights, so he probably has the full range.

I forgot to test it, but if the Mes'yohi's sword's Dispel effect works, then he might be stuck trying to rebuff himself.

Get used to Spending the rest of your evening with Ornery Dhole....ffs SE upgrade all your other npcs to trade multiple items at once but leave him at one at a time exchanges out. Pray that SE changes this. LOL
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-05-25 00:21:00  
just to be clear, you're saying nq ghastly/verdigris/wailing stones?

making phase2:
200 ghastly
gab horn -OR- gab meat
bzt wing -OR- bst stinger
rockfin tooth -OR- rockfin fin
500 HP bayld

phase3
200 verdigris
cehuetzi pelt -or- claw -or- shard
ygg bole or root
wak rostrum -or- crest
2500 HP bayld

phase4
200 wailing
pristine yggrete
9999 HP bayld

aside from HP bayld, none of this is really an issue. 4.3m plasm really isn't all that much, and nq stones are a dime a dozen. Now we can only hope that they introduce some means of cotton and linen pouches for HP Bayld.

edit: I don't suppose there's any word about unlocking the ws before finishing?

Keep in mind, phase 4 might NOT be the final stage for these weapons. I say this based on the current Mog Bonanza Rank 1 prize of ???
Quote:
"???" will act as a substitute for the item required to obtain ergon weapons.Several items in addition to the "???" item will be required to obtain ergon weapons.
The official name will be revealed once it has been finalized.
Read on for details on rune fencer and geomancer ergon weapons.

* The item name will appear as "???" in all languages.

So unless the ??? Named item being something like Cats Eye, to where it would count for the final 9,999 HP Bayld, there is more to it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-25 00:32:16  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/8799/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Fyea 2014-05-25 01:02:04  

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-05-25 02:32:28  
Angierus said: »
A lot of this stuff you can do while you work on getting legend in all coalitions, which is arguably the biggest time sink with this thing. How many impatures does it require to a single rank up was it ever pinpointed? I think I may set a goal for myself with one of these.
It's 20 if you're doing assignments from your current or one previous tier. Goes up to like 35 if you spam the lowest assignments though.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-25 03:05:58  
Angierus said: »
A lot of this stuff you can do while you work on getting legend in all coalitions, which is arguably the biggest time sink with this thing. How many impatures does it require to a single rank up was it ever pinpointed? I think I may set a goal for myself with one of these.

You may be underestimating just how much bayld is involved with this. 13,099 H-P Bayld are required to complete it. If you're trying to convert this from bayld, it'll be 130,990,000 bayld total. From what I've seen, the most bayld you can get from a single imprimatur is 9,000. At 4 imprimaturs a day, it'd take you approximately 3,639 days to finish, which is just short of 10 years.

Edit: You could chop off some of that time with the bronze/silver shovels, but not enough to make it that much better.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-25 03:27:41  
or you could get bayld from sources that aren't horrendously inefficient. still sucks, but getting bayld from coalition assignments only or using them as a primary source is horrifically bad.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-25 03:41:15  
I misunderstood your post, I thought you were referring to bayld earned from leveling up coalitions. But yeah, there are certainly more efficient routes. It's still a pain, but it is doable.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-25 03:47:05  
even with skirmish/reives it's pretty ***, don't get me wrong. you'd need a neverending supply of skirmish pieces and still several weeks worth of time to get all that HP bayld. coalition ranks are still undoubtedly the most time restraining part, though, since it's a time barrier that can not be bypassed unless you had some reason to actually do all the useless content before it became useful and got more than 2 or 3 of them to legend already.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-25 04:00:46  
Yeah. Even with the skirmish route it would require an enormous number of runs (over 25,000 I think). Also, all of the gil that you use buying the skirmish pieces is gil that you could be using to buy H-P bayld directly, so skirmish loses some value there. You're probably better off just farming gil and buying your way to an ergon weapon.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-25 04:04:46  
around 700m for that, so it really isn't even worth building them at all right now except for blinker guys since you can get two mythics for better jobs at that price :\

or unless you quintuple/sextuple box (or have one/two other people there at most to split profits between) AAs/other BCs and have a large enough market to sell gear to for big enough gil to make it worth it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-05-25 04:19:28  
This stage was just recently designed, so probably it wasnt well balanced, but i supose, being wk a massive multiplayer event, with no restriction, its from there where majority of hp bayld will come. So, this means, you dont have other choice to complete this stage other than buying. Converting bayld seems horrible idea. Bayld have low, but do have some uses. So, would require more cash to overcome the barrier of giving up a future possibility of use. I have 1m bayld atm, but if i convert all in hp and sell for, said, 20k, i would be earning 2m. Its not worth. 2m i prefer spending 2 hours in dynamis and get the same, rather than wasting the bayld i took over a year to get.

But me and my mules have some hp bayld in inventory that we got by farming wk. Those, i can safely sell for low cash, to free my slots. And i believe that should be way to go. I believe we can reach a rate of 1000+ hp bayld per day in any server with the last wk. And SE already stated: "they want to upgrade the gear from reive". IF they 119d wk weapons/gear, that would pimp a lot the wk onterest again. Who dont remember, back when hurkan/yumcax were released, with the very first ilv weapons (ixtab/hunaphu/scythe) as well ukuxkaj and tamaxchi, the server went crazy for those. At some point, they were taking 15 mins to take down hurkan, colkhab, tchakka and achuka, due to intense zerg, even with high col rates. Hundreds of players spaming all wk back to back, if hp bayld would implemented that time, i dont doubt it would be around 5k each. And for just 2 ergon weapons, i believe this can be feasible.

Or not. If/when they release others ergon weapons, good luck, dear geo/run friends, you gonna need it, or at least, a good pocket. A good and generous pocket.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-25 04:39:09  
Man, I really hope they don't do ergon weapons for other jobs. H-P Bayld prices are bad enough with two job choices. I'm okay with more job-specific weapons, but not if it involves the same process.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-05-25 07:23:56  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Man, I really hope they don't do ergon weapons for other jobs. H-P Bayld prices are bad enough with two job choices. I'm okay with more job-specific weapons, but not if it involves the same process.

While demand would increase dramatically, at least people would go through the effort of actually selling them. I've been attempting to buy them since the update, and I've lost count of how many people on a daily basis ask "what's that used for? I keep getting 1 from a WKR but no one wants them so I throw them away." It's frustrating atm. Either people know what they're used for, and the few they get they want 50k+ for, or people are clueless, and will sell you their 1-5 pieces for 10k happily, or drop them before they even get that many.

As was pointed out, converting bayld to HP is pretty terrible atm. If there's ever more coalitions ranks added, there will be more things to spend bayld on. Bayld as a currency has far too many current and potential uses to throw away in such a way. Even selling HPs at 50k a pop, idk if 1 mil bayld is worth only 5 mil.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-05-26 01:33:52  
So turned in all the items for stage 2...got the key item and Runje says take the item to an area high in runic energy. Temp item is Ring of Superlative Deluge...any guess on where to go?
 Phoenix.Babekeke
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Babekeke
By Phoenix.Babekeke 2014-05-26 03:03:16  
Asura.Echandra said: »
So turned in all the items for stage 2...got the key item and Runje says take the item to an area high in runic energy. Temp item is Ring of Superlative Deluge...any guess on where to go?

Hazy Runes at the Strange Apparatus again?
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-05-26 08:40:19  
Phoenix.Babekeke said: »
Asura.Echandra said: »

Hazy Runes at the Strange Apparatus again?

I didn't bother to try them all. I went to dangruf wadi and it just had the jumbled message recording so I assumed that wasn't it. search goes on!
First Page 2