users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH's Klimaform Theory
SCH's Klimaform Theory
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-08-03 00:28:36  
As a SCH75 I have yet to see any SCH in my server actually use Klimaform very often. I've been using it very often lately and I've noticed a huge difference it makes. For example I'm able to land Slow on the Grauberg (S) Augment NM much more effectively with Klimaform and Sandstorm than without, and the difference is quite noticeable.

Also I've noticed that when I'm in areas with stacked weather, for example the Earth Weather with my Sandstorm, Slow is even more accurate. So I have an idea that Klimaform is in a way like the Elemental Obis, but rather than power to the spells, it gives the guaranteed added Magic Accuracy.

Any other input or theories on Klimaform would be most appreciated.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ellimist
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-08-03 00:52:17  
Er... have you read the description of Klimaform? It IS about increasing magic accuracy based on the weather, and presumably, day. I personally have never seen Klimaform improve damage based on weather, but some people swear that they have.

Yeah, it makes a huge difference, although from what I can tell, it isn't quite as potent as Elemental Seal. For instance, with the same enfeebling skill as a BLM friend of mine, I wasn't able to Voidstorm Klimaform Manifest Sleep 2 a certain group of mobs that they were able to sleep with ES Sleepga II. (With Focalization I could though).

But, er, yeah, I'm not sure what you're asking if you knew that the point Klimaform was increasing M. Accuracy.
 Kujata.Harui
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Harui 2009-08-03 00:53:29  
I've noticed alot of ACC With it as well, normaly I Try to use it as a ES that lasts for 1 minute @.@ (Salvage ARR Windstorm Kliform Acelerity Gravity and I get one more shot in 30 seconds if I need it)
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-08-03 01:27:13  
I didn't mention improved damage anywhere in my post I don't think.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ellimist
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-08-03 10:24:07  
Yes, I see that now, but I still don't understand the objective of your post. You seem to be suggesting that Klimaform improves Magic Accuracy... but that is the point (and the description) of Klimaform.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-08-03 11:41:55  
I'm trying to figure out how much Magic Accuracy it adds though.
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-08-05 07:55:49  
Would have to tear into the .dat if its there, there isn't a known value as far as I understand it.