New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Cover spellcast code
Cover spellcast code
 Fenrir.Bricent
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Bricent 2014-05-18 06:05:11  
Anyone have code to use cover in spellcast?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-18 06:25:45  
what
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-18 07:45:54  
I assume you want to have it equip cover gear or maybe keep cover gear on while the JA is active... But... spellcast is dead and cover gear sucks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Bricent
By Fenrir.Bricent 2014-05-18 17:45:43  
I can see your point of view on both. Thank you for your input.
[+]
 Phoenix.Aegislash
サーバ: Phoenix
user: aeronx
By Phoenix.Aegislash 2014-05-18 23:10:10  
Odin.Jassik said: »
I assume you want to have it equip cover gear or maybe keep cover gear on while the JA is active... But... spellcast is dead and cover gear sucks.

Cover gear does not suck. Rev. Coronet +1 is a very good pdt option for pld right now(side note, also redirects magic attacks of the covered player to the pld).

The update just added Sahip Helm which provides -12dt during cover which is nothing to scoff at.

Caballarius Surcoat coverts physical dmg to mp and Kheshig Blade extends cover durations.

You can extend cover to 57 seconds with gear and add another 20 seconds with merits.

I've actually been thinking about using Sahip to supplement in dt so that I can add in more dd gear during the cover.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-18 23:32:49  
Fenrir.Bricent said: »
Anyone have code to use cover in spellcast?

Pretty much like a PDT toggle would be.
Code
<var name="VAR-COVER">Off</var>

Code
		<!--Status Rules-->
		<if spell="Dancing Chains">
		<cancelspell />
		<if status="Idle">
		<if advanced='"$VAR-PDT"="Locked"'>
		<equip set="Idle|PDT" />
		</if>
		<elseif advanced='"$VAR-MDT"="Locked"'>
		<equip set="Idle|MDT" />
		</elseif>
		<else>
		<equip set="Idle" />
		</else>
		</if>
		<elseif status="Engaged">
		<if advanced='"$VAR-COVER"="Locked"'>
		<equip set="Engaged|COVER" />
		</if>
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2014-05-18 23:59:37  
I'm all for scripting automatic features based on JA, weather, what gear I'm weariong etc, but sometimes it's helpful to be able to call up a certain gear set whenever I feel like it based only on my input.

You can make a set for cover and then in the init.txt file for Windower, bind the set to a key combo.

bind %!o sc set Cover

Now whenever you press alt + O you will put on your "Cover" set. I know you want to do something automatic here, but this is a nice way to have 100% access to a gear set whenever you want it very quickly and accurately.

I use this for set's that I want access to at random times of my choosing. For instance, for my ninja I bind a macro for the speed feet. So whenever I need it, a simple keystroke will switch my feet. This is mostly helpful when I need to kite something while fighting or pulling, but am engaged. Or when it changes from day to night and switch between my day feet and night feet.

Anyways, this is a nice feature. I made a couple macro binds in init.txt with basic names like "Misc", "TP", "Acc". Whenever I work on a different job's spellcast and I need some random, dynamic gear change, I'll name the set one of my bound macro names and be able to switch to it easy.

p.s. Isn't spellcasr dead now? :p
[+]
 Asura.Jezzus
サーバ: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2014-05-19 01:19:13  
But... spellcast is dead

Bismarck.Chasuro said: »

Last I heard, spellcast was depreciated and for the most part as of now still functions. this was from byrth's words.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-19 07:24:52  
Asura.Jezzus said: »
But... spellcast is dead

Bismarck.Chasuro said: »

Last I heard, spellcast was depreciated and for the most part as of now still functions. this was from byrth's words.

and parts of it already were broken, and it won't get any better.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2014-05-20 14:37:46  
It still works unless you have an item equipped in your wardrobe and want to switch to an item in your inventory or vice versa. Not to mention it won't be updated again unless someone else gets inspired. Considering that, it may be a good time to get used to gear swap. I'm sticking with spellcast for the time being
 Cerberus.Krispy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-10 04:52:51  
Wouldn't you need to be covering somebody to get that -DT in effect? Last time I played PLD I was nowhere near RNGs & mages to cover.