Why Am I Suddenly Crashing EVERYtime Now?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Why am I suddenly crashing EVERYtime now?
Why am I suddenly crashing EVERYtime now?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-13 15:33:23  
Everytime I mule to log in for the login points, my windower is crashing... you guys bork something or what?
 Shiva.Jirachi
サーバ: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-05-13 15:37:37  
I noticed this too, I use to never crash with windower (given I only used Guildwork plugin) I would stay on a mule for ~10 minutes at least each doing Mog Garden stuff, now every time I change characters I crash.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-13 15:40:14  
Can't do anything without a crash dump.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-13 15:44:39  
Unfortunately it doesn't generate a crash it just literally freezes the game and I have to force terminate via Control Alt Delete.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-13 15:47:00  
Try unloading the guildwork plugin before logging out. We haven't pushed anything new in a while.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-13 15:47:42  
Unload all plugins/addons, see if it's still happening, then enable them one by one to track it down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-13 15:54:12  
Here's a picture of what's up

I've just left it, cause I have no idea what's wrong, but it might be related... really have no idea I'm not computer savvy.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-13 16:11:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Everytime I mule to log in for the login points, my windower is crashing... you guys bork something or what?

I have to unloadall before logging in my mule and restart everything using exec autoload/profile.name.txt
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-13 16:12:35  
That is a config library error, but may not be related to your deadlocking problem. Rename your settings.xml files in the various subfolders of the addons directory and try again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-13 16:14:35  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
That is a config library error, but may not be related to your deadlocking problem. Rename your settings.xml files in the various subfolders of the addons directory and try again.

Rename them to what? From what? Sorry I have no real idea what the issue is without some handholding u_u;;
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-13 16:17:13  
Go to battlemod and go into the data folder. Put a "-2" at the end of every xml file name. Repeat for the other addons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-13 16:28:23  
Ok, I unloaded each thing individually, and it is the add-on called highlight causing the library error, renaming the files did not fix it though.

I tried deleting the file and redownloading as well, no fix there either.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-13 16:33:01  
Try downloading this file and replacing your config.lua with it (windower/addons/libs/config.lua):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6bnwx29xh5y3yn/config.lua
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-13 16:40:57  
Downloaded, replaced, no fix.

Um, it still shows up as a notepad.lua instead of a .lua and opens with notepad, instead of the windows shell common.

This stuff is all way over my head man. I'm not even gonna try to *** with it anymore, now the game has no sound at all. It just makes no sense.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-13 23:23:53  
This looks like Highlight, although shouldn't be doing that anymore, it was adjusted to not use that part of the config library at all. Normally I'd ask if your stuff was up to date, but you already mentioned that you redownloaded it, so I'm not really sure..

Either way, this particular error should not be related to the freezing issue, although it could still be Highlight (people have reported Highlight hanging them for a while and then quitting with an "out of memory" error). I'd recommend not using Highlight for now until someone looks into that.