Warning For All.....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Warning for all.....
Warning for all.....
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 09:25:53  
So we all heard about this master cared/Visa secure code and im discussed it as alot of people wernt using this service. The majority of us feeling okay because we understood it was for new CC only.

This is not the case..

I wont be playing and I dont know how long due to the fact I was using the same CC for years but I cannot use the CC ive been using for years due to I was just a little off and it wasnt enough to cover both accounts. I put a payment through but it will take a few days to update on thier site. Even still you have to re enter the CC info on SE in this case.

Due to this I can no longer play because theres only like, 6 places listed as letting you verify your account. Get your SS from any other buisness then these (VERY) few listed and well, your hooped.

I called the company I pay through and they were literally stuttering with absolutely no answers
they have no clue about this, mastercard/visa havent even sent info to the companies. I eventualy got to talk to a manager who was equally confused and had no idea. you say secure code and they no nothing about besides the 3 numbers on the back of your card.

Also take into consideration any other sites that have signed up you can not use your CC through anymore without being updated with said security code.

so alas.. after 6 years FFXI Kyri and Xeon bid you adieu.. at least untill our company at the least knows what the *** a "Security Code" is....
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-02 09:34:54  
Do You use Mastercard or Visa?
I Just had to do the securecode for my mastercard recently when I set up skype and it seemed pretty straightforward...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-02 09:36:10  
Im sorry :(

I can confirm though that this does not apply to EU players. I had to update my payment info yesterday with a new CC nr. And everything went fine without visa secure thingy.

On the other hand, I think you'd be able to get a visa gift card from a mall and it'll work, I know someone that uses that and updated their payment info the other day as well.

Good luck.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 09:37:22  
Same exact thing happened to me today. I live in Canada and my bank was like "huh" when i asked them about the verify thing. So i'm gone aswell. I feel like i'm forced out. I'ts almost like they try to make it as impossible as they can to play.

guess ill have to find another game to play.

/uninstall
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 09:48:20  
Suicidekingg said:
Same exact thing happened to me today. I live in Canada and my bank was like "huh" when i asked them about the verify thing. So i'm gone aswell. I feel like i'm forced out. I'ts almost like they try to make it as impossible as they can to play.

guess ill have to find another game to play.

/uninstall

word...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-02 09:54:55  
check This

should be working.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 10:06:20  
ahhh but is it verified by visa? i didnt see anything since you have to register every card.
the card itslelf wont come pre-coded. your supposed to do it.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-02 10:11:54  
idk im not using it, but someone I know does and she updated her info yesterday with a new gift card. It didnt ask for verified by visa thingy.
 Bismarck.Ajah
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ajah
By Bismarck.Ajah 2009-08-02 10:51:28  
Just looked it up and found this:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/securecode/index.html

FWIW, it's supposed to reduce CC fraud
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-02 13:08:11  
It reduces credit card fraud by making people stop using them. Brilliant!
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-08-02 13:12:52  
You could try using a different card. Me and my brother(who plays wow) use paypal cards due to all these shitty CC issues. just top it up before it's payment time and even if theres some kind of fraud, theres nothing on there to spend. should look into it.

edit: I'm not entirely sure this is available to anyone not EU, but worth looking it up.
 Ramuh.Zansuken
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Drozz
By Ramuh.Zansuken 2009-08-02 13:13:02  
Can't you just do it in PS2 or 360? I heard that you don't need to verify on those systems, as to be able to verify on PC, opens a new window completely unrelated to SE/POL, and PS2/360 can't do that?
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Bahamut
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 13:18:07  
Zansuken said:
Can't you just do it in PS2 or 360? I heard that you don't need to verify on those systems, as to be able to verify on PC, opens a new window completely unrelated to SE/POL, and PS2/360 can't do that?

hmm this is interesting and might work, but if you play on PC you need to get a ps2 or 360 to do it on. this is worth looking into im going to see if i can get it done, will post result.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-02 13:31:12  
updating info on PS2 works. just keep your PS2 updated and it wont hurt so bad.

i'll test the 360 later.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 13:36:01  
This whole thing is stupid imo! It's a video game. we have to jump through more hoops than ive ever seen. SE seems to think they are proactive by doin all this. I really don't believe this measure is anything more than locking out there 10 day trial that waay backfired on them.

RMT plain and simple.

but as per usual its the little guy get punished.
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 13:37:55  
Littledarc said:
updating info on PS2 works. just keep your PS2 updated and it wont hurt so bad.

i'll test the 360 later.

so you are able to update it on PS2 without a problem?
can u play on PC afterwards?
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-02 13:41:09  
I've just tried to login and was asked to verify. Good thing my CC company is based in another country... I guess I'm done for a bit til I go get a debit card or something. Ridiculous security measures are ridiculous lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-02 13:43:48  
Suicidekingg said:
This whole thing is stupid imo! It's a video game. we have to jump through more hoops than ive ever seen. SE seems to think they are proactive by doin all this. I really don't believe this measure is anything more than locking out there 10 day trial that waay backfired on them.

RMT plain and simple.

I was under the impression that RMT are using free trial accounts that you dont have to have a CC for?
 Unicorn.Boyaci
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-08-02 13:50:50  
I guess I got lucky. I have a Walmart prepaid Visa card that is apparently not eligible for verified by Visa.

Each month, I load just enough money onto the card to pay my account because SE likes to try to take more. Last month, for example, they attempted to take $39.89 when I only owed $25. Charge was declined, I went in and entered the card again, and it went through just fine for the correct amount.

This month, same thing, declined charge for $39 and change, account "closed", re-enter the information and the correct amount of $24.94 goes through without a problem.

I was worried that I'd run into problems with them wanting the card to be verified by Visa by it never prompted for this information.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-08-02 13:51:51  
Zansuken said:

This works. Oddly I was unable to play Sunday morning (after playing Saturday night) due to not paying fees. My card had changed and I tried updating from PC to get the VerifyCrap. This morning I updated from my 360 and it worked. UNFORTUNATELY, I also have 2 accounts. It won't let me update the 2nd one. It seems you can only have 1 card per account
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-02 13:54:17  
Lethewaters said:
UNFORTUNATELY, I also have 2 accounts. It won't let me update the 2nd one. It seems you can only have 1 card per account

wait 24 hours. idk what the true wait time is...but i have 2 accounts as well. using the same card for both, i just waited a day and did the 2nd one np~
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-08-02 13:56:58  
Savannah said:
Lethewaters said:
UNFORTUNATELY, I also have 2 accounts. It won't let me update the 2nd one. It seems you can only have 1 card per account

wait 24 hours. idk what the true wait time is...but i have 2 accounts as well. using the same card for both, i just waited a day and did the 2nd one np~

Thanks Sav. I'll have to try that after maintenance tomorrow and see if it works. Some much for skillups XD
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-02 13:57:45  
lol np ^^
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 13:58:35  
Zanno said:
Suicidekingg said:

RMT plain and simple.

I was under the impression that RMT are using free trial accounts that you dont have to have a CC for?

I tried a free trial a while back because i was toying with idea of another account for my wife/me lol. even though it was free pol still wanted CC info to set it up. otherwise u could be 12 years old playing! god forbid huh? u simply dont get billed until u decide to keep playing then its autobill like the rest.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-02 14:04:50  
Suicidekingg said:
. otherwise u could be 12 years old playing!

my son is 5 and he made his own character on my account...but either way...idk

SE needs to think harder.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2009-08-02 14:09:37  
Here is a solution for some of you, this is a prepaid MC that offers the secured code service:

https://www.miocard.com/
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-02 14:09:58  
Suicidekingg said:
Zanno said:
Suicidekingg said:

RMT plain and simple.

I tried a free trial a while back because i was toying with idea of another account for my wife/me lol. even though it was free pol still wanted CC info to set it up. otherwise u could be 12 years old playing! god forbid huh? u simply dont get billed until u decide to keep playing then its autobill like the rest.

hmm, idk. I was pretty sure the advertised about the non CC free trial account right before all the RMT tells started. could be wrong though.
 Remora.Eireamhon
サーバ: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-08-02 14:21:42  
Nightfyre said:
It reduces credit card fraud by making people stop using them. Brilliant!

LMAO

I actually was asked to do this back in May I think when The first LM-17 MASS banning occured. I was redirected to some site to Verify my card. Followed the instructions and seemed fine.

Now, I will have to admit since then I have been conviently banned 2 more times so... . -.- Don't know if this "new" "secure code" thing as anything to do with it but, in almost 3years never had any issues then I do this and all hell breaks loose.

Guess I 'll have to see what happens in next few days with charges coming.
 Odin.Suotuo
サーバ: Odin
user: Suotuo
By Odin.Suotuo 2009-08-02 14:48:28  
all you gotta do is get a bank account with a debit card would be better than credit card also
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 14:49:58  
Suotuo said:
all you gotta do is get a bank account with a debit card would be better than credit card also

i have a citibank debit master card- its not listed on the site unfortunately
First Page 2 3