users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower crashing in specific zone
Windower crashing in specific zone
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-06 23:09:18  
Every time I zone into Alzadaal Undersea Ruins on my main character Windower decides to crash on me. Before I would randomly crash while running in Salavage typically twice around similar area (entrance after removing pathos and on 4th floor of SSR II). That being said I run alternate character in 2nd window using same settings and have no issues with crashing at all (salvage or undersea ruins zone). Anyone have any idea why this might happen exclusively with one character and not the other?

At the moment I'm running Windower Developers version and having no crash issues at all. Any help would be great.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-06 23:33:24  
Are you saying you're not crashing on the dev Windower, but you are crashing on the regular Windower?

Either way, as usual, if you're crashing we need a crash dump or we won't be able to help you.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-06 23:35:42  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Are you saying you're not crashing on the dev Windower, but you are crashing on the regular Windower?

Either way, as usual, if you're crashing we need a crash dump or we won't be able to help you.

I'm not crashing in dev windower, I'll get you a crash dump once i'm done in salvage
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-07 00:21:00  
That's strange, as the dev and regular Windower should be the same at this point... but ok, let's see if the crash dump reveals something.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-07 00:24:22  
I just downloaded the program to perform dump...attached it to POL (regular Windower) with character that's been crashing, and of f'ing course now it's not crashing...I'll keep an eye on it and get you a dump if it crashes again. Good thing, not crashing but idk why it stopped but I'll get a dump if/when it does again.

Thx for responding to my post though :D
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-07 00:26:52  
Np and good to hear! Less work for me \o/
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-07 22:42:09  
Well I figured it was gonna happen, so i was prepared to create dump :)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-08 00:56:19  
Thanks, unfortunately that particular dump is not quite as helpful as I had hoped... can you do me a favor and try again with this LuaCore? That should produce a more helpful dump.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-08 01:07:51  
I downloaded the new LauCore, replaced old one with it and started it up. I'm not crashing going into the zone it was crashing on, but since I already ran salvage I can't repeat that instance to see if crash occurs during salvage tonight. Once timer is up tomorrow for Salvage entrance I'll attempt to get a dump at that time.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-08 04:09:44  
Ok, thanks.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-08 21:34:24  
Ok, so here's the dump from tonight's salvage crash and that is with the new LauCore file i replaced old one with

edit: not sure if this will also help but got another crash (2nd while in salvage)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-08 23:55:02  
Hm, I'm still not really sure, but I go some pointers... I will give you another LuaCore that has some more info in it, but it will take me a while to implement, but sometime today, that should hopefully be the last one then.
 Bismarck.Phaded
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-05-09 01:42:19  
I realize this is a thread for a specific crash that has been happening to OP in salvage, but has anyone sent in any dumps on random crashes experienced during Delve? It happens at random times to random players in LS, just wondering if this has been addressed somewhere before I try and create a dump.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-09 15:29:35  
I uploaded a new version of LuaCore here, please try to provide crash dumps with that.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-09 15:31:50  
Updated the link again just now, in case you already got it.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-09 16:33:14  
Will do when I get back home.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-09 22:18:20  
Salvage dump of the night.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-10 01:01:58  
Ok thanks, I know what this crash is about now, however, you reported also crashing in the middle of Salvage? If so, this crash dump doesn't cover that case, so if that happens again make another please. The crash dump you gave me should only cover crashing during zones.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-10 09:22:51  
That crash was in the beginning of salvage run, and for some reason I crashed later and wouldn't let me log back on and forgot to save that dump, and for w/e reason POL wouldn't let me log back in quick enough so I got booted from Salvage by time I could get back on. I'll run another dump session tonight after I get out of work.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-10 09:55:45  
>_< That sucks, sorry to hear that... next time you make a crash dump, can you make a full heap dump? The file size would be pretty large, but it compresses nicely, and it would help to debug this further. I know where the crash happened, but I'm not sure how to avoid it without more information that is only contained in a full heap dump.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-10 11:45:55  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
>_< That sucks, sorry to hear that... next time you make a crash dump, can you make a full heap dump? The file size would be pretty large, but it compresses nicely, and it would help to debug this further. I know where the crash happened, but I'm not sure how to avoid it without more information that is only contained in a full heap dump.

Gonna sound ignorant, but can you explain what a full heap dump would entail? I honestly wouldn't know how to have created the dumps i've previously posted without that guide you linked to >,<
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-10 12:31:12  
I'm honestly not sure how it works, but there should be at least two options to export dump files, one is the minidump version which you have been doing so far. The other option is a heap dump or full dump or whatever they call it. I've never used WinDbg, so I'm not sure how to create such a dump, but people have done it before, so it must be possible somehow... wish I could be of more help there :\
 Bismarck.Phaded
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-05-10 13:19:04  
The .dump /ma option produces a dump with a great deal of information, is that the same as a heap dump? There is also the .dump /f command that produces another large dump, not sure which would be used over the other in this case.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-10 14:03:21  
/ma is what you want for this. However, I'll post a new LuaCore version soon, I'd ask you to use that one please. Just tweaking a few more things.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-10 15:30:33  
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1-GYvFFRpK6WlVQZnBKbzdycTA/LuaCore.dll

Any crash dumps with this should be much easier to debug (especially heap dumps).
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-12 11:03:52  
I replaced with new file and ran salvage last night, no crash so no dumps, but I also unloaded plug-ins: Timestamp and PetTP. I'll run again tonight as well without them running and see if I get similar results.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-12 16:27:32  
What job do you use, and have you been doing the same zone each night?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-12 20:33:46  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
What job do you use, and have you been doing the same zone each night?

Yes, I do the same zone every night (SSR II) and I use PUP for my farming.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-13 06:54:04  
Could it possibly be this issue?
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41699-Game-crashes-when-luopans-are-destroyed-on-xbox-360?p=506716&viewfull=1#post506716