users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » New LS
New LS
 Shiva.Selecao
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: pheared
By Shiva.Selecao 2014-05-06 01:17:30  
I guess I'm officially starting a new LS called spelunkers. Looking to recruit only about 5-7 people who can do end game events. Looking for whm pld and rng, as well as some melee DD too.

Really nothing super exciting but if you're decently geared and want to do event 2-3 days a week let me know either message here or /tell in game.

Thanks all.

QQ BELOW
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-05-06 01:32:51  
I know that feels

That rift JP/NA is so... ridiculously irritating.

Even when you're clearly a better player than most of them (parse etc) still get that jponry crap, and it's only getting worse. I used to love the jp, (mostly mutual) but these days it's out of hand.
 Fenrir.Magicstick
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2014-05-06 03:46:35  
It would be nice if all the NA players could just merge into one server and call it done.
[+]
 Shiva.Keman
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2014-05-07 09:01:46  
Yeah I am not even sure how many "end game" LS's there are on Shiva anymore. Haven't seen a Claimed pearl in a while (then again haven't really been looking). I think Zoeyz LS does some endgame events regularly. (I'm sure there are plenty of others and can always just spend your days joining Samusaron shouts)

I'm in a big LS that the members do some endgame type stuff but its nothing on any sort of regular schedule. I know I would be down to do stuff on a regular weekly basis if it was with like minded people that could get stuff done
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-07 09:19:10  
That's pretty disheartening to think that there's not enough NA/EU players on your server to do end-game/high-tier events regularly. I'm sure there's a bit of NA/JP collaboration from time to time on Cerberus, but for the other 99% of time, we have our own full-fledged LS's/groups to do stuff with.

I hope you're able to find a place to get plugged in!

With regards to making your own linkshell: Do it if that's what needs to be done. You may quickly discover that there are like-minded people out there who also want to get the same things done as you.

Several months ago I got tired of randomly waiting on someone to shout for DM II, so I decided one day to start my own PUG's. It began as a few months worth of PUG's, but eventually evolved into a static LS with great people.

Hopefully you're able to do something similar.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-07 10:39:49  
I really really miss the old Shiva...
 Shiva.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-10 23:37:35  
gooddaytodie does DM2 and delve2.0 wins event every night every week.
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-05-11 09:48:05  
Shiva.Tedril said: »
gooddaytodie does DM2 and delve2.0 wins event every night every week.

Event times?
 Shiva.Snojoe
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-16 23:50:45  
When I look at some of the activity on other servers at the same time as on our beloved Shiva, the distance between their JP, EU, and NA communities are a lot closer than those on Shiva; it's so jponry on Shiva during their primetime that they don't even care to give NA/EUs a chance. I almost never see JP players shouting and letting them in, whereas on Bahamut it seems like its a lot more open and accepting.

At our peaks, we have 700-900 on at US prime time (6pm EDT - 9pm EDT) and above 1100 during JP primetime (8am-12pm EDT) and during the latter time frame, you have almost NO yells or shouts in English, and if they are it's usually Hiep, Eistein, or a few others who just happen to be on.

And the end-game LS community has definitely depleted, and it seems like there's only a few for each geographic part of the community that are super serious. Else, you're stuck listening to Samus shout for the ninth MBF Delve run of the day that you KNOW is gonna fail. In fact, I've never seen anyone shout for Yorcia, Kamihr, or Marjami Delves in English, and I'm pretty sure the JP crowd does it in Japanese as to eliminate the NA/EU community (and lord knows Samus won't be shouting for those any time soon after his whole explosion about WoW and XIV last week... vomit...)

I'd LOVE to see another server merge that eliminated a lot of the geographical boundaries, because even the few JPs I've encountered that are welcoming of NA/EUs are still total *** and exclusive of one another once you're in the group, and you just don't feel welcome.

Petition, SE, can we please get some help with that?
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-05-17 01:29:30  
Shiva.Snojoe said: »
When I look at some of the activity on other servers at the same time as on our beloved Shiva, the distance between their JP, EU, and NA communities are a lot closer than those on Shiva; it's so jponry on Shiva during their primetime that they don't even care to give NA/EUs a chance. I almost never see JP players shouting and letting them in, whereas on Bahamut it seems like its a lot more open and accepting.

At our peaks, we have 700-900 on at US prime time (6pm EDT - 9pm EDT) and above 1100 during JP primetime (8am-12pm EDT) and during the latter time frame, you have almost NO yells or shouts in English, and if they are it's usually Hiep, Eistein, or a few others who just happen to be on.

And the end-game LS community has definitely depleted, and it seems like there's only a few for each geographic part of the community that are super serious. Else, you're stuck listening to Samus shout for the ninth MBF Delve run of the day that you KNOW is gonna fail. In fact, I've never seen anyone shout for Yorcia, Kamihr, or Marjami Delves in English, and I'm pretty sure the JP crowd does it in Japanese as to eliminate the NA/EU community (and lord knows Samus won't be shouting for those any time soon after his whole explosion about WoW and XIV last week... vomit...)

I'd LOVE to see another server merge that eliminated a lot of the geographical boundaries, because even the few JPs I've encountered that are welcoming of NA/EUs are still total *** and exclusive of one another once you're in the group, and you just don't feel welcome.

Petition, SE, can we please get some help with that?

First off, you never saw a yorcia, kamihr, or marjami delve shout because it's hard enough with the best NA/EU players doing it beadless/lowman. There are good enough players on shiva to do it lowman/beadless, but the odds of gathering a good number of them on a casual weekend is extremely slim since they all : (1) Play during nighttime (9:00 P.M~) or (2) Never have a solid static to practice since playtime is sporadic from my experience. Even the current best endgame LS sometimes have to rely on beading some NMs just to get wins because practicing is a pain/time inefficient (because of so much members) for those zones. Your best odds is to just join an endgame LS that does it w/ beads (prolly Trinity or Breeze); or farm up enough gil to get it mercenaried by them.

About Delve v1, I just came back 3 days ago, and been spamming delve left and right whenever I get on. At first, I was very picky on who I brought along since I was getting back into the groove of stunning and wanted some wins to build some confidence zzz. But if you wanna come along, just be a somewhat "confident" MNK/BRD(3 song; this one I'm most picky about for friend's sake q.q)/WHM) and I'll prolly invite you, unless I really hate you lol. I've already gotten 3-4 random people wins for dino/shark who wore eminent h2h lol, with the help of some good friends of course. Good luck though on the petition... I wouldn't mind more people to play with.

LONG STORY SHORT, for those JP shouts/activity shouts on other servers, I'm 90% sure that they are looking for top-notch players if they're doing a lowman/beaded run. If you're just average and looking to do those zones, just farm 2-3 beads with some friends, and practice before doing the real run. I'm not here to bash on anyone's skill, it's just Shiva's current harsh reality.
 Shiva.Jongalt
By Shiva.Jongalt 2014-05-17 01:32:00  
On my old server it was just 1 or 2 link shells doing that stuff, but it seems like it happens here in Shiva too :( POO
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-05-17 02:03:16  
Seleaco I feel your pain. I've got MNK, I've got a fully capped and well geared GEO, I'm working on my SAM now, working towards RUN Mythic, full 119 RUN AF, working on an Ochain, working on BRD JSE Harp, but for the LIFE of me, I just seem to NOT be able to get into any sort of Delve activity despite my best efforts.

Hell, even Hiep rejected me. :( I thought we were friends Hiep!
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-05-17 03:44:30  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Hell, even Hiep rejected me. :( I thought we were friends Hiep!

Saying no after having the 2-3x MNK spot for 6-man run filling up in 5-10 secs doesn't really count as a personal rejection.
By Astrael 2014-05-17 03:57:22  
Yeah, sorry Siv I have no problems inviting you when there's an opening in our LS runs--trust me it's not you as a player and you were great when we did have you along. I just have too much to organize to remember sometimes, and a few people complain when we have too many come along. Plus my personal schedule is overwhelming, I'm only here a fraction of the time til June :(

I'll admit that Shiva does seem a bit quieter these days and it kind of surprises me how few LS, in the grand scheme of things, actually do Delve regularly.
 Shiva.Snojoe
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-17 09:01:37  
Just logged on to see almost 1800 people online, the most I've seen on Shiva in a LONG time. Shocked. (Though I dont know if it's normally like this on an early Saturday morning EDT so pardon the ignorance if that's the case).

I guess I just look at it this way, as someone who used to be on all day every day for months on end, there never used to be a problem with JP/EU/NA parties going and demolishing something, but ever since Adoulin launched (at least thats when I came back into the game, so maybe shortly before that?) it seems like the Japanese players who are left (that heavily outnumber the EU/NA players) have taken on the impression that they're better than we are (which I also first felt when I first started playing when the PS2 version launched in NA) and don't really give two *** about helping, but are so quick to ask us for help whenever we're doing the shouting.

I guess the harsh reality on Shiva is that the only JPs left are the ones who are hardcore players, none that are casual like 75% of the EU/NA players I've seen, know, or met, and that's why they don't have the time or patience to deal with us. And that's fine, I get that, they don't wanna waste their time or gil on a run - beaded or not - that's gonna fail if they don't have people they know. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna do that either, but there are still plenty of NA/EU players who are on during those off-peak times that could definitely outplay some of the better JP players, and I really believe that without the whole community aspect being brought into it, something that SE wanted in the first place by making mixed servers like this, you're not doing yourselves any favors.
 Shiva.Selecao
By Shiva.Selecao 2014-05-20 22:38:35  
I guess I'm officially starting a new LS called spelunkers. Looking to recruit only about 5-7 people who can do end game events. Looking for whm pld and rng, as well as some melee DD too.

Really nothing super exciting but if you're decently geared and want to do event 2-3 days a week let me know either message here or /tell in game.

Thanks all.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-05-20 22:43:29  
I've had JPs turn down my SMN for SMN Shouts, that is all.

Clearly, not racist
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-05-20 22:47:48  
Shiva was always a bad server. The merge made it somewhat better because Alexander was a good server, but thats over now. If I ever come back it wont be to Shiva.
[+]
 Shiva.Selecao
By Shiva.Selecao 2014-05-20 22:48:16  
Shiva.Gib said: »
I've had JPs turn down my SMN for SMN Shouts, that is all.

Clearly, not racist
Yeah,

I have responded to shouts with with 4 (song) (bard) (Do you need it?)^^ (english) (Please use the auto-translate) OK^^ /tell^^

and have been ignored by a handful, and responded with (I'm sorry) by the others, which is what originally spurred me to make this topic.
By harpy 2014-05-21 10:25:57  
What time are you usually on?
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-05-29 22:09:08  
I know how you feel. It's the same on Bismarck. They are ALOT of JP shouts on JP prime which would NEVER accept NA's. As the post way above said, even when you outparse them and a better player than them in EVERY aspect, they do not accept "NA". It's either because their VERY racist or they have tried playing with many NA that each time they have failed.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2014-05-29 23:32:35  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
even when you outparse them and a better player than them in EVERY aspect, they do not accept "NA". It's either because their VERY racist or they have tried playing with many NA that each time they have failed.

Well, actually it's because they are afraid they can't properly communicate to you the battle specifics with their limited English ability and your (assumed) limited Japanese ability.

The Japanese meta evolves and congeals very quickly. After that there is little room for variation. They want everyone working together as a single unit and if someone starts doing something different, it kinda throws off the whole run. It's not ability, it's communication and synergy.

Even your allusion to "if I parse better, I'm better" kind of confirms why they are hesitant about players they can't communicate with. It's not about your parse, it's about working together.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-30 00:31:24  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
I know how you feel. It's the same on Bismarck. They are ALOT of JP shouts on JP prime which would NEVER accept NA's. As the post way above said, even when you outparse them and a better player than them in EVERY aspect, they do not accept "NA". It's either because their VERY racist or they have tried playing with many NA that each time they have failed.

I saw a yorcia 6 NM /shout a few days ago and I just said "<Corsair> <Do you need it> <Japanese> <I can understand a little>" and replied their question in kindergarten level JP and they let me in. It's not a hard to find job or anything. So it is still possible, if you can convince them you can understand JP.

However that pt kill speed was slow as hell and we timed out on morta. They're pretty organized on mandy/morta, which NA pt usually *** up with(and I managed to copy their mandy/morta strat and use it in my own runs to improve pt organization), but the entire kill speed was one of the worst yorcia pt I've seen.

The fact that they made me /WHM(so no 13% def down from /DNC) and sleep the charmed ppl(so it's much slower/harder to do lightshot x2 and get 20% def down dia) made it worse. If I can speak proper JP I'd just tell them how to improve pt output and contribute more, but I can't so I just follow. If I can convince them that /DNC is a superior SJ for this job it could have been a win.

For those who thinks JP PUG often clear delve 2, I sometimes camp /shout and I can tell you that 6 NM run delve2 /shout doesn't happen often, most of the delve2 JP /shout are beaded runs and 6 NM clear runs are elite only like NA.

Ragnarok.Eriina said: »

The Japanese meta evolves and congeals very quickly. After that there is little room for variation.

It is possible to change their strat, if you can communicate properly. Back when delve was 18 man, JP community didn't use BLU for Ceizak but I managed to convince my JPLS leader to let me play BLU for it. After a terror on scrop and req dmg on bee they were /shocked with BLU's performance, I ended up playing BLU in all subsequent ceizak runs. That was before Namas SAM got popular in Ceizak.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2014-05-30 01:22:22  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
It is possible to change their strat, if you can communicate properly.

...I managed to convince my JPLS...

I definitely agree. Heavy emphasis on if and properly and I totally agree, heh. People often don't realize how poor they are at communicating and are quick to blame the other party.

While there are times to talk about changing strats it's been my experience that right before going in to a run with a party full of strangers isn't one of them. After an unsuccessful run (or in an LS situation) there's almost always an open forum to discuss.

I meant more that once things gel up in the community, more things are assumed and less things are explained in PUGs. This works well for JP pugs because there are more of them and information disseminates quickly. Leaders will begin to differentiate their shouts by saying "first timers ok" or "only looking for people who don't need and explanation". So, once it reaches that point, the leaders that aren't interested in spending time explaining things to people in their own language certainly aren't going to want to spend the time fumbling with English. So obviously if you can't prove you can understand what he is saying really really fast, the leader just won't trust you know what's up. It's really a pretty safe assumption.

Most english speakers make a mistake right out of the gate by not even checking the conditions set in the seacom, and contradicting the info there in the very first tell. Most, not all. Again: ability to communicate "properly".

Sorry to expand this much just to agree with you. Bored at work.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-30 02:27:17  
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
Most english speakers make a mistake right out of the gate by not even checking the conditions set in the seacom, and contradicting the info there in the very first tell. Most, not all. Again: ability to communicate "properly".

Lol, I often /shout for BRD WHM SCH in English and I got 5 English /tells wanting to join on MNK THF RUN (ILV117)DNC GEO and such.

This isn't even a "I can't read" issue anymore!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-05-30 06:53:29  
I've always thought that it's completely normal for JP/EN/ES etc to be exclusive for Difficult content. Not speaking the same language can be detrimental to the run. Anything that is fast-paced and requires communication more than {Stop!} {Pull back} {This way} {Cast lots} should probably be exclusive. I often play White Mage these days and between scanning chatlog for debuffs, keeping an eye on health meters, watching all the timers and minding my surroundings it can get hectic enough without trying to communicate in AutoTranslate or my very limited Romaji.

That being said it is disheartening to see the JP community completely stop using the auto translate function for recruitment for anything. There is so much content we could all be doing together. Most of the old content is just on grind status and nobody wants to talk much anyway. For most things this is a matter of choice not necessity.

Also, I don't think this is isolated to Shiva alone. If you look at Ragnarok's yell log during JP prime.. all sales will be auto translated and every run will be in Japanese. During NA prime all runs and sales are auto translated and you will almost never see anything posted in plain English. This is likely the case among all servers in FFXI.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-30 07:21:40  
You know, the chars are pre defined at start, and there isnt so many diferent types, so technically there is no diference of a NA, JP, black, white, yellow, red, purple, pink, grey, x people in. So, i believe its wrong saying "JPs dont accept NA". Actually, they dont want to deal with someone who they just cant comunicate well, and lemme tell you, its the exact same on the other side, though is less likely a JP not knowing english than a Non JP knowing japanese.

I already did party with a japanese who couldnt read english, and damn, it was ridiculous. Everything went wrong. You start asking if he understand the plan, and they go silent, you keep insisting and no answer. Then you give up and enter event anyway, and inside, you ask about if rotation can start, if the songs are applied, and no answer, then nitro wears off, and so go on.

TL;DR: if you want to join jps, learn japanese, and i really doubt someone will reject you, because none can say youre jp or no based in chars. Otherwise, just face the reality. Joining a party without understanding your teammate, you just gonna be a burden to everyone, and its not about performance, its about trust. How can people trust someone he cant even understand? And how can peoplework together with people they dont trust?
 Ragnarok.Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2014-05-30 08:15:30  
meh. I just joined a Wilds Keeper Reive that had autotrans in the otherwise JP shout. Seems consistent with the idea that if you need people on the same page you shout in your own language. But, if it really really doesn't matter use autotrans and take whoever comes.