its spelllcast +1. everything sc does, itll do and more/better

Nice D:
 Bismarck.Herzins
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-08-13 19:17:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I built mine using Mote's includes. Read the comments at the top for the different features.
https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/RNG.lua

Be warned, it changes a lot since I'm still adding/removing features.

It's probably dumb but I don't see any gear sets?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-08-13 20:14:11  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »
I built mine using Mote's includes. Read the comments at the top for the different features.

The gear sets are in a separate file here. https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/RNG_gear.lua

If you place both RNG.lua + RNG_gear.lua in your data folder, gearswap will pick them both up.

It's done this way for easy updates. If I add a new feature to my RNG.lua, you can update yours to the most recent version without having to completely re-write all your sets.

I haven't updated it in a while though..
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-08-14 09:28:50  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »

The gear sets are in a separate file here. https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/RNG_gear.lua

If you place both RNG.lua + RNG_gear.lua in your data folder, gearswap will pick them both up.

It's done this way for easy updates. If I add a new feature to my RNG.lua, you can update yours to the most recent version without having to completely re-write all your sets.

I haven't updated it in a while though..

Ha! I'm starting to get it. I added both RNG.lua and RNG_gear.lua and it picked it up. I guess the file I have to update would be the gear sets, right? the rng.lua is updated by you or that something that doesn't need update? or is there a latest version of that file somewhere? Thanks for the feedback!
By myaihze 2014-09-01 12:27:48  
I have a quick question about rng gearswap. Actually its more the order of gear in the gearswap I guess.

Snapshot you want in the PREcast section, and Racc in the MIDcast section? And where does recycle come in? And stp what point is that need to be put in?

For weapon skills what stats need to be in pre vs mid cast?

Sorry for whats probably a dumb question I am still learning the whole gearswap thing.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-01 13:08:01  
For TP:
Precast = Snapshot, WS, and JAs that the gear must be on before you active the JA

Midcast = Recycle, sTP, R.Acc, R.Atk, all other stats, and JA gear that must remain on to get the benefit (Barrage is the only on that comes to mind)

Aftercast = Idle gear
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-09 12:19:21  
-- GUN
479 if spell.type:lower() == 'weaponskill' then
480 delay = '2.25'
481 else
482 if buffactive["Courser's Roll"] then
483 delay = '0.7' -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE
484 elseif buffactive.Overkill or buffactive['Flurry II'] then
485 delay = '0.5'
486 else
487 delay = '1.05' -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE
488 end
489 end
490 end
491 send_command('@wait '..delay..'; input /ra <t>')
492 end
494 function camo_active()
495 return state.Buff['Camouflage']
496 end

Where it says -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE.
Do I need to make any changes?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-09 12:43:31  
Bahamut.Samsonxiii said: »
-- GUN
479 if spell.type:lower() == 'weaponskill' then
480 delay = '2.25'
481 else
482 if buffactive["Courser's Roll"] then
483 delay = '0.7' -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE
484 elseif buffactive.Overkill or buffactive['Flurry II'] then
485 delay = '0.5'
486 else
487 delay = '1.05' -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE
488 end
489 end
490 end
491 send_command('@wait '..delay..'; input /ra <t>')
492 end
494 function camo_active()
495 return state.Buff['Camouflage']
496 end

Where it says -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE.
Do I need to make any changes?

Possibly, are you using the auto ra feature in my gs?

If so, the 2.25 is delay after WS. If you find that it doesn't start shooting after WS, then raise that value to 2.5, reload gs and try again. Keep raising it until it works.

If you get the "you must wait longer to perform action" message, then you'll need to edit the RA delays noted by "MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE". The 0.7 only applies when courser's roll is up, so you'll need a cor mule or a buddy to test that. Try and go with the worst case scenario roll as your basis. The 1.05 delay is for normal shots. Nudge it up by .05 or .1, and test until it fires without the warning message.

If you don't use Annihilator, you may need to raise those more significantly, and you'll also need to change the default WS in the top of RNG.lua from Coronach to Last Stand. (I wouldn't even use this without relic though, as you'll just get yourself killed instantly lol)

And watch the **** out if you use Bow with this.
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-09 15:53:11  
-- GUN 479 if spell.type:lower() == 'weaponskill' then 480 delay = '2.25' 481 else 482 if buffactive["Courser's Roll"] then 483 delay = '0.7' -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE 484 elseif buffactive.Overkill or buffactive['Flurry II'] then 485 delay = '0.5' 486 else 487 delay = '1.05' -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE 488 end 489 end 490 end 491 send_command('@wait '..delay..'; input /ra <t>') 492 end 493 494 function camo_active() 495 return state.Buff['Camouflage'] 496 end Where it says -- MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE. Do I need to make any changes?
Possibly, are you using the auto ra feature in my gs? If so, the 2.25 is delay after WS. If you find that it doesn't start shooting after WS, then raise that value to 2.5, reload gs and try again. Keep raising it until it works. If you get the "you must wait longer to perform action" message, then you'll need to edit the RA delays noted by "MAKE ADJUSTMENT HERE". The 0.7 only applies when courser's roll is up, so you'll need a cor mule or a buddy to test that. Try and go with the worst case scenario roll as your basis. The 1.05 delay is for normal shots. Nudge it up by .05 or .1, and test until it fires without the warning message. If you don't use Annihilator, you may need to raise those more significantly, and you'll also need to change the default WS in the top of RNG.lua from Coronach to Last Stand. (I wouldn't even use this without relic though, as you'll just get yourself killed instantly lol) And watch the **** out if you use Bow with this.

I was not interested in AutoRA by the assumption that its clunky and wasteful. But if you can edit it to be precise it might be worth a look.

I use Annihilator.

If its not too much trouble can you post your Lua's in case you changed something?

I am using the new ingame macros books using the /wait 1 (Which is the lowest) but i think under certain buff situations im shooting in the snapshot Equipt set so now im trying to learn gearswap XD.

After reading this thread I must let you know I appreciate all the time you have taken helping myself and others out!
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-09 17:06:42  
My latest is always at my github. https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap

I don't mean the AutoRA addon. My RNG.lua has it's own variation that uses weaponskills, and continues firing. (activated by pressing ALT - )

I honestly don't use it, but have friends that dual box during events.
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-10 23:51:58  
Hmmm. I set up the gearswaps and they seem to be working but I am not sure if Snapshot set is working. I was trying to find it in the Rng.Lua but I can not find it. I wanna know edit my delays under no buff or certain buffs. Is the bottom where you have the part to edit AutoRa delays the snapshot delays also?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-10 23:57:09  
Hmmm. I set up the gearswaps and they seem to be working but I am not sure if Snapshot set is working. I was trying to find it in the Rng.Lua but I can not find it. I wanna know edit my delays under no buff or certain buffs. Is the bottom where you have the part to edit AutoRa delays the snapshot delays also?

sets.precast.RA is the snapshot set. There are no delays with gear changes in gearswap. The autora only has delay to handle shooting automatically.

if you want to make sure gear is swapping, issue the command //gs showswaps

Use it again to turn it off.
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-11 11:36:39  
Thanks! You are a boss!
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-15 00:12:55  
I started using your Rng Gearswap and is great.

I also tried to attempt to use your Sam.Lua but keep getting an error. Sam_gear.lua seems to be working fine. I used the same one you have up.

>Gearswap Has Detected an error in the user function precast:...Files(x86)Windower4/addons/Gearswap/data/Sam.lua 104: attempt to call global 'is_sc_element_today' (a nil value)

I use the same scrip you have on your Github page.
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-15 00:18:59  
I deleted the whole section and it worked XD. Just winged it. Any help is appreciated tho XD
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-16 13:15:53  
Orestes Can you make a Mnk, whm,brd Lua.
I really like the way you make it with one folder separate for gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-16 13:39:59  
I started using your Rng Gearswap and is great.

I also tried to attempt to use your Sam.Lua but keep getting an error. Sam_gear.lua seems to be working fine. I used the same one you have up.

>Gearswap Has Detected an error in the user function precast:...Files(x86)Windower4/addons/Gearswap/data/Sam.lua 104: attempt to call global 'is_sc_element_today' (a nil value)

I use the same scrip you have on your Github page.

You just needed to download my User-Globals.lua for that function to work. It's for Gavialis helm, so if you don't have that then you're fine just deleting lines 123-129 from my SAM.lua
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-16 18:30:05  
Ya I deleted them. Still new to this. You have been great help! thanks Orestes!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [505 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2016-03-05 03:10:44  
Been going through the existing lua files that are linked in this thread and found a function I've love to get working in mine and also looking for something else.

The function I'd like to get working is the detection of the weapon equipped. Example if I have my bow equipped and if the last shot is fired in that stack, it would try to grab more of that ammo if it is available in the inventory or if ammo is swapped for another and it is not currently equipped. This would be easy to do normally except when changing weapon classes, namely in Crossbow and Gun, as they both use the same Weapon skills. Kind of hard to equip an MAB bullet for Wildfire on a crossbow.

Like going from TP bullet > MAB bullet > TP bullet, but ignores this if using a crossbow.

Also if anyone has the out of range cancel for weapon skills, that would be great too.

(Sorry if this makes no sense, it's really late and been trying to figure this out for several hours. @.@;; )