users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Auto control Lua error
Auto control Lua error
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-29 12:06:34  
Hey, I might be searching in the wrong place but I keep receiving:

"autocontrol: Lua error (runtime) - ... (x86)/windower4//addons/autocontrol.lua:188: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

It was working just fine yesterday during the day and then bam all the sudden I couldn't puppet swap.

It's killing to individually select each attachment me since I've gotten used to auto puppet swap. Could someone tell me what I did wrong? I'm guessing I have to update something?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-29 12:26:36  
I'm not at all sure if that will help, but there was an update pushed just now that fixed a big resource issue. Can you try starting Windower.exe (don't need to relog) and see if that helps?
By Fasaga 2014-04-29 12:28:31  
I've been having some problems with gearswap not changing into various midcast gearsets as well. Just notice staves not changing from Terra's to iLvl for debuffs mainly.
 Lakshmi.Giti
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2014-04-29 12:46:02  
yeah im still having this problem with my rng gearswap which started yesterday
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-29 13:08:56  
I just re logged about 2 minutes ago (restarted windower and everything) and autocontrol still giving me the same error.
 Bahamut.Reconxx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Draxx
By Bahamut.Reconxx 2014-04-29 15:07:29  
I am also having problems loading addons through windower, only happened today when i ran an update after disconnecting from game. Never had this before. Any help would be appreciated, could be something simple.

Lua error (unknown: 1) resources.lua:74: attempt to concatenate field 'windower_path' (a nil value)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-29 15:28:06  
Our DNS is currently being a hoe, so until then updates won't work, which makes this really awful timing.

I just submitted another temp fix for this, try reloading now, at least it will make other addons work again, I'm not sure about the AutoControl issue, you should post it on the addon author's issue tracker. Start Windower.exe, click on "Addons", scroll to AutoControl and click "Report a Bug".
 Bahamut.Reconxx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Draxx
By Bahamut.Reconxx 2014-04-29 15:31:02  
Thanks for the help, it works fine now ^^
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-29 17:13:59  
Just got on the game again, and it still isn't working. I'll hit the report a bug button when I go to log in a bit.
 Leviathan.Elei
user: Elei
By Leviathan.Elei 2014-04-29 17:31:54  
Not sure if I should be posting this here as well, but....

I logged in with Windower this morning and received a big resource push. After the update, the character selection screen just dropped off when I went to open Windower again. I kept getting a message saying "Windower Launcher has Stopped Working". I noticed that the hook was missing as well (The hook version was "Hook 0.0.0"). I have had any problem with this before until after this last push. I went to the windower.net web site and it look like they are changing domains or something cause the site is down and I can't see if I'm the only on with this issues since the push from this morning.

Not sure if this means anything, but I checked the windower crash log that it generates in notepad and this is what it was saying:

4/29/2014 07:13:46 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Xml.XmlException: 'STYLESHEET' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 7, position 11.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnexpectedToken(String expectedToken1, String expectedToken2)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at #=qgTv71NpK9S5FYDthGeMmexSJXDdVF8VTSnSZe5YqfinG9aLAN71n66oA5nC4J6p5.#=q9hPyUWnAfbgTxvae8HX$7Q==()
at #=qwrZ0sKWfVuSrbsrEe$sq2ikYRakTupw24tqRYOrFtO4=.#=qnQCMKMqRLmsGND5_yA3M5Q==()
at #=qAlk$Mw_tywKjs9rd7cyoVByKGVe3vaaXeS_LGtl1hBE=.#=qfyJ2oWactrEI0jMMW5DrEA==(#=qmhNvAyztrFon0QQMItVoEw== #=q$_uA1omHXJgXxHzgfPGREA==)
at #=qmhNvAyztrFon0QQMItVoEw==.#=qav9FVComJWu2k_c7i_yB0A==()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
 Leviathan.Fishy
user: fishy
By Leviathan.Fishy 2014-04-29 18:25:42  
Since it looks like we have a similar problem, here is my crash log.

4/29/2014 4:21:46 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Xml.XmlException: 'STYLESHEET' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 7, position 11.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnexpectedToken(String expectedToken1, String expectedToken2)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at #=qiBwC4NNQ9lVvT3LDzjCoGjC$pYpa6svMyrLKl3MVnELzgX8S6OyjvqGOJkvBqLT7.#=qFhkARVwo63XnJOvov1tuRg==()
at #=qPIYHPQB1asMXXXKEGM8i5R86FpV9Vu9ULpwm$nUB1hU=.#=qkGdMkB58AB_Q1OG4U$XHsg==()
at #=q4w9QFsTFa4BU8xF1yRAlgFJ1fQ1hntOmna8SPclpjrc=.#=qFc$Ip$hBMR$aMSE2M6ewrg==(#=qGPj1PfHTYqH$x9fq0oD8zg== #=qdhmJiRU$QCqMK0KRGWRoUA==)
at #=qGPj1PfHTYqH$x9fq0oD8zg==.#=qEfxG_jNs7XH8fLqex6ATHg==()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
 Leviathan.Fishy
user: fishy
By Leviathan.Fishy 2014-04-29 18:41:11  
posted this in the other thread, but thought it might help here:

Leviathan.Fishy said: »
For what it's worth i found a direct link to their dev build that works:
http://update.windower.net/dev/Windower.exe

i was able to install from there and get back up and running. It is the dev build though, and etc. etc.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-29 23:41:07  
Our main domain was down earlier, hence it didn't work. You can try again now, see if that helps with anything.
 Lakshmi.Giti
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2014-04-30 06:34:43  
anyone able to jump on skype so I can share my screen, im still getting gearswap lua error (runtime) flow.lua:261
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-30 06:44:14  
That is the error it gives when there is a problem in a user function. Pastebin your ranger file and tell us the rest of the error.