Crashing Repeatedly On Isgebind.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Crashing repeatedly on Isgebind.
Crashing repeatedly on Isgebind.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-13 21:11:14  
I have this really odd issue where FFXI would just shut down randomly while fighting Isgebind. I can do all kinds of content with no crashes, like Uptala, Delve, Wildskeepers, Tojils (etc.) with no issues, but trying to fight Isgebind today:

-Crashed, logged back and saw it depop.
-Fought again, crashed four times, claimed back every time, and eventually beat (i decided to turn the camera totally away from Isgebind) it with no crashes.
-Tried again, crashed in the first 10%, got back on, claimed again, got it down to 75%, crashed again, was slow to log back on and lost the pop again. Turned the camera away from Isgebind and didn't stop the crashing.

Any ideas?

PS: I have had issues with windower shutting down whever I need to ctrl+alt+delete, and I don't get any error messages pop up, it just disappears completely.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-13 21:27:07  
ctrl + alt + delete has always crashed ffxi, if you need to run it you gotta go to start menu and just type in task manager.

As for Isgebind, I dunno. Could always try a classic file repair. Click Check Files from the main pol screen, then click down FFXI.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-04-13 21:29:42  
I don't know what to say about the Isgebind issue, but you can avoid the ctrl+alt+del thing by right-clicking the start taskbar and choosing "show task manager" (or "start task manager" lol whatever it says).
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 21:37:30  
or search "taskmgr.exe"

or just download Process Explorer and pin it to your taskbar if you use Win 7 or above :)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

If you decide to give it a look, I recommend setting the refresh rate to 10 sec as I don't like it taking up very much CPU and like to keep it running when my computer starts up.

You can set it to display tray icons which I find very useful to just take a glance down by your clock to check up on CPU and Memory usage.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-13 21:38:45  
Ok thanks about the task manager thing, that was never really an issue, just yeah.. trying to get Armageddon to 90 is rough when it's almost always guaranteed to crash on Isgebind :(
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-13 21:39:24  
Right clicking the task bar also has an option in the list for launching task manager.

edit: nvm I am have been beaten to da punchies

is it when he does a specific TP move? sounds like the game is crashing (or more likely, a windower plugin is crashing windower) when it sees certain TP moves occur.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-13 21:41:18  
Just tried "Check files", said I had a corrupt file. Will see what it says when the scan is finished.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 21:42:08  
Yea, if it's a TP move (which you wouldn't really be able to tell as it would crash instantly as the game reaches for that file) then that file is corrupted. if you get an error report at all it would probably help narrow down the problem.

Nvm, nice that it found it
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-13 21:51:47  
Said 3 files were corrupt.

ROM\100\79.DAT
ROM\11\26.DAT
ROM\273\12.DAT

Fixing now. Any of those linked to Isgebind?
(Also sorry, this appears to be a FFXI issue, not a Windower problem like I assumed.)
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-04-13 21:56:20  
CTRL+SHIFT+ESC will pull up the task manager directly, for future reference.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 21:57:34  
coooooooool :o
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-13 22:04:22  
Interesting, I got this error message.

Error Code:POL-1155.
An unexpected problem occured.
Persistent problems can be reported from Service & Support.

R:ROM/11/26.DAT.

What file is that??
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 22:06:58  
If file check doesn't find it, you need to go into your program files to find your game folder and open up the folder "ROM" and then the folder "11" and find the dat file "26.DAT" and manually delete it.

I can't remember if you do a file check or you just click the play button to redownload it. It's been years since I played 11 :(
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-13 22:08:46  
Doing one more file scan then if it's not fixed, i'll try that thanks.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-13 23:28:28  
If you delete a .dat, it should just re-download it the next time you log into ffxi. Don't have to do a file check. I've had to do that in the past with corrupted files.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-14 02:45:51  
Odin.Calipso said: »
If you delete a .dat, it should just re-download it the next time you log into ffxi. Don't have to do a file check. I've had to do that in the past with corrupted files.

It won't re-download it automatically, you still need to do a file-check. Otherwise it will just crash when the game tries to load that file in-game.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 02:47:34  
Odin.Calipso said: »
ctrl + alt + delete has always crashed ffxi, if you need to run it you gotta go to start menu and just type in task manager.

As for Isgebind, I dunno. Could always try a classic file repair. Click Check Files from the main pol screen, then click down FFXI.
ctrl+shift+esc

edit: beaten, should learn to read the whole thread