言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev1194] New High-tier mission battlefields
[Dev1194] New High-tier mission battlefields
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Sieha1 2014-04-01 09:52:18  
Exp is so easy now, how can people not have every job leveled? I am willing to bet that jobs are not leveled only because a person doesnt want to play them. Which goes back to the point that people are whiners and only want to play their favorite job.

Gear is easy now as spark gear is good enough to get buy to get better. Better yet, reforged af/relic can be gotten by sparks and gil alone. No excuse for having badly geared unleveled jobs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-01 09:54:41  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Not entirely true, the new Kam fight has him spawning fetters that need to be dealt with. They have added new mechanics to few of them. People are also exaggerating the RNG thing, you can win with other setups but people just jump to the easiest one.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Voren said: »
Oh cool, another battlefield event where you'll grind for a bit to get a KI, then need a specific set up of decently geared jobs (PLD w/90 Ochain, BRD, WHM, RNGx3), and ONLY THOSE jobs

You would be surprised with the type of dynamics that some of the fights post-AA are. The amount of viable set-ups are actually quite diverse. People are winning these with NIN's, SMN's, Various Melee, THF, BLM along with the typical PLD BRD RNG WHM standard and it's still unclear what the superior set-up is.

Screenshots of the Ouryu BC shows an earth elemental. I bet that there will be a need for some sort of nuking job as well.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 09:58:54  
Sieha1 said: »
Exp is so easy now, how can people not have every job leveled? I am willing to bet that jobs are not leveled only because a person doesnt want to play them. Which goes back to the point that people are whiners and only want to play their favorite job.

My BRD is level 5. I hate BRD, therefore I don't play it. Does that make me a whiner?

You can't expect everyone to have every job trained, have all of them geared, and be willing to play any of them at the drop of a hat - that's just not realistic. Of course people are going to have their favourites and want to play what they're best at.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-01 10:00:48  

I've been fished
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-04-01 10:03:26  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

My BRD is level 5. I hate BRD, therefore I don't play it. Does that make me a whiner?

You can't expect everyone to have every job trained, have all of them geared, and be willing to play any of them at the drop of a hat - that's just not realistic. Of course people are going to have their favourites and want to play what they're best at.

That is fine, if all of your favorites dont get invited to groups and you are ok with not having the gear from them then ok. Otherwise dont complain when a group needs a brd and wont take you since all you have a bst and run.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 10:06:47  
I don't complain. I just find my own ways of accomplishing the same end.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 10:07:58  
eslim said: »
Carbuncle.Sisko said: »

I've been fished
rme as a bcnm drop? never ever gonna happen bro lol, gl on bonanza tho!

Well when you hover over the "Source" link, it does kinda give it away...
By Sieha1 2014-04-01 10:08:37  
Then you arent a whiner, the rest of the people here complaining are whiners.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 10:09:39  

Gear is easy now as spark gear is good enough to get buy to get better. Better yet, reforged af/relic can be gotten by sparks and gil alone. No excuse for having badly geared unleveled jobs.

Probably. I have many jobs levelled, but that means nothing in end-game (minus maybe cor). If I'm not well geared, I simply don't tell people I have that job to play, mainly because I d't want to hinder the group because of my lack of effort.

But then I still don't have "all jobs levelled" because I don't really have an interest in jobs like sch and smn, although I picked up GEO. You can't argue that everyone should have everything levelled by now, although its not unreasonable. But just because a person has it at 99 does not by any stretch of the description mean its worthy for high-tier content.

I personally was a THF and RNG main all the way up until VW, then took a break. Now with everything being iLVL, I don't feel comfortable playing my RNG to those events, because its gimp at this current point. My whm is 99, but severely underskilled. Theres a difference between levelled and skilled.

That's not the most solid argument there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 10:11:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Probably. I have many jobs levelled, but that means nothing in end-game (minus maybe cor). If I'm not well geared, I simply don't tell people I have that job to play, mainly because I d't want to hinder the group because of my lack of effort.

I'm exactly the same way.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 10:20:52  
Some of the suggestions for more "dynamic" and diverse battles are really quite hilarious, and cancer-inducing.

Anyway, as has already been said, the majority of recent battles are doable without Ranger, ****-tier players just lack the competence to use other jobs in favor of safety.

That said, there are a select few where Ranger is optimal, and this new addition, Ouryu, is such an instance. It's kind of annoying reading "RNG only, so tired of this" simply because they lack the competence to use other jobs, even when other jobs are arguably better, at the cost of making the battle alittle more risky.

A battle is released where RNG is unquestionably optimal, and you get the "RNG only, cry cry cry cry" salty-ness, just annoying mang, leave Rangers alone.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 10:22:51  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

I'm exactly the same way.

This is the big thing here. It's not leveling things, that's piss easy, it's collecting all the specialized gear requires to be a A rank player for it. Otherwise you end up being "that guy" that sucks azz and doesn't fulfill his role. Or in the case of BRD, once you get 99 Dura your are forever going to be on BRD, you can practically throw away any gear you have collected for any other job as it no longer matters. This is a huge barrier in and of itself because you need those buffs. The players that do stick around and make the sacrifice to "never play any other job in the game" and become that mythical 4 song BRD end up in the exclusive club which leaves them unavailable to large swaths of players.

Like I said in another thread, that BRD won't waste their time with a "Normal" run with "regular" players, they will only attend the D/VD runs that abuse enmity free RNG's or some other quirky mechanic.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 10:30:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Some of the suggestions for more "dynamic" and diverse battles are really quite hilarious, and cancer-inducing.

Anyway, as has already been said, the majority of recent battles are doable without Ranger, ****-tier players just lack the competence to use other jobs in favor of safety.

That said, there are a select few where Ranger is optimal, and this new addition, Ouryu, is such an instance. It's kind of annoying reading "RNG only, so tired of this" simply because they lack the competence to use other jobs, even when other jobs are arguably better, at the cost of making the battle alittle more risky.

A battle is released where RNG is unquestionably optimal, and you get the "RNG only, cry cry cry cry" salty-ness, just annoying mang, leave Rangers alone.

Umm dude ... all the AA fights are "RNG only" if you want any chance at real drops (GK being the sole exception of all your DD are equally geared/played). Same with Majami Delve, though honestly I can't blame SE for that one. Looks like Kahmir drifts will end up being RNG spam with the RNG's needing to bring daggers and axes for two of the NMs (unless people just bead them). Hell static prison alone pretty much guarantees that no melee will be wanted. That and that ice meteor attack that tiger use's.

And that's pretty much all the "new content" that's been available lately.

It's not a question of "skill", stop thinking in binary. It's that anything above "Normal" 119 content does such extreme damage that non-RNG DDs just don't survive. You can stand there in 50% PDT, Scherzo and EA and still get blasted apart (psst Scherzo and EA do nothing for multi-hit attacks). There is no gear you can wear (gear acquisition in and of itself is not a measure of skill), no JA you can use, no button to press, no position to assume (other then bending down and grabbing your ankles), no unique strategy, just the overpowered NM's rolling several 100D20+80 attacks on you. Switch to ranged damage and it becomes laughable.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-01 10:33:52  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
This is the big thing here. It's not leveling things, that's piss easy, it's collecting all the specialized gear requires to be a A rank player for it. Otherwise you end up being "that guy" that sucks azz and doesn't fulfill his role. Or in the case of BRD, once you get 99 Dura your are forever going to be on BRD, you can practically throw away any gear you have collected for any other job as it no longer matters. This is a huge barrier in and of itself because you need those buffs. The players that do stick around and make the sacrifice to "never play any other job in the game" and become that mythical 4 song BRD end up in the exclusive club which leaves them unavailable to large swaths of players.

Like I said in another thread, that BRD won't waste their time with a "Normal" run with "regular" players, they will only attend the D/VD runs that abuse enmity free RNG's or some other quirky mechanic.

So true... q_q

Also true on the normal run thing. I have about 60 papers of each, and I don't even play anything other than brd/whm/sch (mostly just bard /sigh). normal usually doesn't drop anything interesting, not even a chance of pluton box. Unless you're a very good friend, otherwise I'm incredibly reluctant to go into a normal bc and waste 15 merits just to clear it for you because there's simply no incentive to do so. And I don't even have the time to go into merit pts to get it back.

That being said, a 2 song bard with clarion is probably more than enough for a normal AA.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-01 10:41:23  
Or in the case of BRD, once you get 99 Dura your are forever going to be on BRD, you can practically throw away any gear you have collected for any other job as it no longer matters. This is a huge barrier in and of itself because you need those buffs.

This is only assuming that all the players have equal play skill/gear and the only difference is the instrument itself. In practice, this is not always the case because each player has a different DPS potential. It's always a comparison of what you gain vs what you lose. I tend to think of it more like comparing the 4th song effect vs the damage difference between 2 DPS.

It's true that it's usually skewed towards the 4th song, but not always.
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-04-01 10:41:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Umm dude ... all the AA fights are "RNG only" if you want any chance at real drops (GK being the sole exception of all your DD are equally geared/played). Same with Majami Delve, though honestly I can't blame SE for that one. Looks like Kahmir drifts will end up being RNG spam with the RNG's needing to bring daggers and axes for two of the NMs (unless people just bead them). Hell static prison alone pretty much guarantees that no melee will be wanted. That and that ice meteor attack that tiger use's.

And that's pretty much all the "new content" that's been available lately.

It's not a question of "skill", stop thinking in binary. It's that anything above "Normal" 119 content does such extreme damage that non-RNG DDs just don't survive. You can stand there in 50% PDT, Scherzo and EA and still get blasted apart (psst Scherzo and EA do nothing for multi-hit attacks). There is no gear you can wear (gear acquisition in and of itself is not a measure of skill), no JA you can use, no button to press, no position to assume (other then bending down and grabbing your ankles), no unique strategy, just the overpowered NM's rolling several 100D20+80 attacks on you. Switch to ranged damage and it becomes laughable.
I've won just about everything on very difficult without a single RNG, the exceptions are nexus where we used, a single RNG, and Marjami/Kamihr. Whats more is, its even more efficient without RNG, killing MR and EV in under 8 minutes with DDs including me on THF. Oh and i suppose stellar fulcrum, we havent won that on very hard, because we capped out on haubs from doing difficult 3 or 4 times, while again not using a single RNG. I spend time in this game playing whatever job i feel like playing because things get old to me fast, and i generally have no problem doing stuff on almost any job i feel like playing, mind you i've even won some Arks on very hard with me on WAR/NIN, it just wasn't very efficient.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-01 10:50:07  
Fiv i guess you have a group of friends or Linkshell members that are good to go with the setups.

Most of us don't have 5 other members that are good to try something new and win
[+]
By Chyula 2014-04-01 10:53:29  
all I read is people with plugin and play 48/7 talking ***on casual players. SE just need to raise the drop rate a small amount on normal and let the casual player to be able to achieve something after 10-15 runs and it'll solve everything. or better yet bring out a point system like delve.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-04-01 10:58:35  
Exp is so easy now, how can people not have every job leveled?

Because my free time is spent collecting merits for AAs and DM II rather than leveling new jobs. My gil and other currencies are used to keep the jobs I already have up to date. Even with the relative speed of XP these days it is still hard to squeeze in time required to build up a new job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-01 11:01:04  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
For comparison, VD AAGK can do a 8000 damage Fudo. How is any player supposed to survive that?
You have a SS to support such an exagerated claim?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 11:08:55  
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Fiv i guess you have a group of friends or Linkshell members that are good to go with the setups.

Most of us don't have 5 other members that are good to try something new and win

I did an AA EV fight over the weekend with a few LS mates, but we needed a couple of pickups to fill the party - we ended up with a WHM and a RNG.

I went as BST, since I know how to play the job well and it's my best geared (for now).

Normally my LS is able to handle fights on the Normal setting, which is fine for us. But for some ungodly reason, the WHM kept expressing his unease at there being a BST in the party, and just wouldn't let it go. In the end he convinced us to do the fight in Easy mode. Naturally we won without any trouble, with more than 15 minutes to spare.

The WHM then said that he was glad we did it on Easy Mode, because that's the best we could hope to do with our party setup.

This is why I hate PUGs.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-01 11:16:00  
Chyula said: »
all I read is people with plugin and play 48/7 talking ***on casual players. SE just need to raise the drop rate a small amount on normal and let the casual player to be able to achieve something after 10-15 runs and it'll solve everything

I understand what you mean. But Normal & even easy modes have both a pretty good drop rate on synthesis material. This allows casual players to get AF1 reforged to 119.

Top weapons / armor, as it's always been, require a solid strat, good communication, game knowledge etc. Even if a lot a players are stating that VD or delve is cake, it's not. Even easy mode is not so easy without a strat.

It's ok if casual players can get very good gear with some difficulty. But it's perfectly fine if they can't get everything. Even with a 10-15 days delay.

I won't beat the long jump world record if I train 1h a week. And nobody will complain.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
サーバ: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-01 11:16:38  

But then I still don't have "all jobs levelled" because I don't really have an interest in jobs like sch and smn, although I picked up GEO. You can't argue that everyone should have everything levelled by now, although its not unreasonable. But just because a person has it at 99 does not by any stretch of the description mean its worthy for high-tier content.

I too am the same way. There are jobs where I'm level 99 and they are just sitting there, and I won't even acknowledge that I have it (DRG? <Who?> Not me). Others I will say that I have it, just not good enough at the moment (COR and WHM falls in this category, WHM is only in gear since I did get a head start on skilling playing SCH). And there's the case like my SCH, which is considered well-geared for healing support but not stun, and I'll offer it for healing, but not for stun (and I don't do stun because I just don't have the reaction time for it). There are other jobs that I won't touch simply out of disinterest. I find BRD boring, even more so than GEO, and won't even touch it unless I was completely not in the right state of mind. Only way that can happen is if I'm drunk. Since I play this game sober most days, it's gonna stay at 28.

And there are some people who choose not to level all jobs because simply put, there just ain't enough room for all that gear. You'll luck out sometimes and get a few pieces that can work for multiple jobs, but like for example, I was telling my husband the other day that I may have to reactivate my mule only because I'm practically 80/80 on just BLU gear, and I'm not even finished gearing that job up. And since the newer stuff don't have porter moogle slips, ***adds up.

Chyula said: »
all I read is people with plugin and play 48/7 talking ***on casual players. SE just need to raise the drop rate a small amount on normal and let the casual player to be able to achieve something after 10-15 runs and it'll solve everything. or better yet bring out a point system like delve.

As much of a troll you can be, I do agree. Clearly, unless you need the normal win, no one's gonna do normal if the drop rate is abysmal. So those who are not geared for D/VD fights have to fight tooth and nail to get their gear. Some get frustrated and quit. Others become lone wolves and just play solo since it may end up being the only way they can get ***done.
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-04-01 11:20:27  
Oh look, another thread about elitist players telling how casual players should play this game.

Elitist players = /blacklist

You don't pay for my monthly payment or the monthly payment of others, and you can't dictate how I or any other casual player should play the game. My time is my own, not yours. Players are free to go at their own pace. We may not have Relic or Mythic weapons, but these are still GOOD players for *** sakes! NOT EVERYONE are in hardcore Linkshells like myself to get the gear and upgrades they want each day!

Not EVERY player has the time to level ALL JOBS (namely PLD/BRD/WHM/RNG are "all jobs" in 2014) to 99, get them fully merited, geared to 109 or 119 item level, and get more than two Relic weapons and upgrade them to 119 while trying to get EXP, Merits, Sparks, Dynamis Currencies, and Seals to do AA, SKCNMs, and upgrade Relics at the same time while dealing with real life demands and issues, a job, raising kids, or deal with their own medical conditions AND STILL have time for food and 4 to 8 hours of sleep.

GROW A GODDAMN BRAIN AND BE MORE SYMPATHETIC TO OTHER PLAYERS.

WE ARE NOT ALL HARDDCORE ELITIST JERKS THAT PLAY 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE THE SAME! Get that through your thick skulls.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 11:27:20  
eslim said: »
I only play with people who have afterglows, sry.

I've met people who are the same way, but usually they're compensating for something.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 11:28:09  
I hate how people can write in all caps, bold, and throw out phrases like "elitist" and think it applies across the board.

You use the word elitist, and its inaccurate. Some are, yes. However, most are just players trynig to be the best they can in game. A difference of opinion doesn't mean one or the other is right or wrong. This is like a religious or governmental debate - everyone has their own opinion. But when a group of players try to encourage others to level up their game (and not just the silly jobs), it shouldn't be frowned upon. When the playerbase as a whole learns how to effectively use their job, job stereotypes may diminish. Until then, as long as there are braindead zergonly zombies who have no concept of game/hate/job mechanics, its generally best to separate events based on jobs and skill rather than your personal preference.

Besides, people have done this before, and they are likely only offering the best solution (although debatable). If you disagree, form your own group and make it the norm. Until then, keep playing your own version of ffxi.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-01 11:31:42  
I don't think anyone is telling anyone how to play. Just that if you don't have ranger paladin bard it's going to be hard to get invites to today's new endgame content.
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-04-01 11:33:26  
I hate how people can write in all caps, bold, and throw out phrases like "elitist" and think it applies across the board.

You use the word elitist, and its inaccurate. Some are, yes. However, most are just players trynig to be the best they can in game. A difference of opinion doesn't mean one or the other is right or wrong. This is like a religious or governmental debate - everyone has their own opinion. But when a group of players try to encourage others to level up their game (and not just the silly jobs), it shouldn't be frowned upon. When the playerbase as a whole learns how to effectively use their job, job stereotypes may diminish. Until then, as long as there are braindead zergonly zombies who have no concept of game/hate/job mechanics, its generally best to separate events based on jobs and skill rather than your personal preference.

Besides, people have done this before, and they are likely only offering the best solution (although debatable). If you disagree, form your own group and make it the norm. Until then, keep playing your own version of ffxi.
But, don't dictate how others should play.

Not every player has the same time as those that can't have the same gear and jobs that are needed to do certain things in this game.

Suggestions are good.

Advice is good.

Stating someone is a bad player for not having a 119 item level gear is not good, epecially when those players would like to do the same events that are needed to upgrade their own gear.