New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Anwig Salade - Thf
Anwig Salade - Thf
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-29 06:45:14  
I'm not even close to getting this, but it interests me so i shall post!

User submitted image

User submitted image

For THF my initial thoughts would be one of the following:

Haste+3 and Dex+2 Haste+2 (or str/agi+2, this would make a TP headpiece better than w turban seeing as same haste but +3 subtleblow and +2 other stat. Thoughts on this plx!)

or

Str+4 +15 ws acc and +4Agi and +2% ws damage for awesome DE and other thf ws

Having said all this, please add your own augments on yours as a thf and tell me why etc! Ps: its my birthday and i have nothing better to do than this... i wanna turn ffxi cus i have nothing to do but isnt it sad to go on it on your birthday?
 Pandemonium.Vitrolant
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Vitrolant
By Pandemonium.Vitrolant 2009-07-29 07:41:52  
for the haste +5% and dex +2 idea that's like a turban with 2 dex (this is lol imo)

as for str+4/WS acc +15 and agi +4/+2% WS damage that's not bad

as for what i would do is str +4/ws acc +15 and dex +4/+2% crit hit damage macro this in when you SA TA and WS or any combo of the following

evisceration will benefit most from this head piece
 Garuda.Maasahn
サーバ: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-07-29 08:08:19  
i did the 4str/15ws acc and 4dex 2% crit dmg for a macro piece of weapon skills, mainly evisceration. but i also have blade: jin and rampage that can benefit from that crit % dmg too.
 Odin.Dryzt
サーバ: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-07-29 08:13:25  
I still have a ways to go for obtaining this myself but I was thinking the same augs as Vit. should you decide to make it a TP piece, maybe better to go with Haste +3% and acc +10 att +5.

oh and Happy Birthday to the OP. go play XI. do whatever you want. it is, after all, your brithday, enjoy it^^
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-29 08:21:42  
Dryzt said:
I still have a ways to go for obtaining this myself but I was thinking the same augs as Vit. should you decide to make it a TP piece, maybe better to go with Haste +3% and acc +10 att +5.

oh and Happy Birthday to the OP. go play XI. do whatever you want. it is, after all, your brithday, enjoy it^^

heh i did give in... >.< im on it now and thanks, and also thanks to everyones ideas, do criticals happen in multi hit Ws's or is it just because Evisc IS a critical hit itself as a ws?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-07-29 08:22:18  
Vitrolant said:

as for what i would do is str +4/ws acc +15 and dex +4/+2% crit hit damage macro this in when you SA TA and WS or any combo of the following

The crit damage sounds right for thf to me. Especially since it looks as if THF will be your main 75. That would be a tasty WS piece. Also look into doing "requiem of sin" runs to couple that with an x's knife. It looks as if you are on CoP mission 2.4 and you can get access to this BC after 5.3. I think it would be relevant to your interests to start that sooner than later having heard all the drop rate horror stories. just my opinion ^^
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-29 08:42:35  
Ashman said:
Vitrolant said:

The crit damage sounds right for thf to me. Especially since it looks as if THF will be your main 75. That would be a tasty WS piece. Also look into doing "requiem of sin" runs to couple that with an x's knife. It looks as if you are on CoP mission 2.4 and you can get access to this BC after 5.3. I think it would be relevant to your interests to start that sooner than later having heard all the drop rate horror stories. just my opinion ^^

This isn't exactly true. You must have completed CoP in order to enter the Requiem of Sin ENM. While some people say that X's knife drops there, I disagree. X's Knife is a myth. :/

(Yes, the droprate is that bad.)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-07-29 08:49:34  
Eeek said:
Ashman said:
Vitrolant said:

This isn't exactly true. You must have completed CoP in order to enter the Requiem of Sin ENM. While some people say that X's knife drops there, I disagree. X's Knife is a myth. :/

orry??? I wouldn't know. I did not start my set for the knife until after i had completed CoP and ZMs. I am an odd bird though. I'm currently 0/22 on Vbow and will not finish leveling rng until i get it (even though i have all the other gear lined up i could want). I also have done RoS at LEAST 5 months for xknife and no luck (we have 1 of z's polearms though and a dozen forager's from the ENM).
Good Luck OP and i hope you become one of the good 75 thieves instead of all the lazy ones i see :D
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-07-29 08:51:57  
Eeek said:

Drop rate is really bad yes but for a bad drop rate I never saw so many people going 1/1. Seems like you go 1/1 on X's knife like I did or you go 0/40+. ^^;
 Gilgamesh.Kynadre
user: kynadre
By Gilgamesh.Kynadre 2009-07-29 09:14:45  
I made my anwig salade (boy that's fun to try and spell at 7am) to have the haste/sharpshot +3%, and the storetp+4/evasion+10... so even in my evasion gear I have haste and store TP, which will be nice for both my THF and my eventually-upcoming DNC. I'm going for a strong store-TP build with my thief just to experiment too, but it doesn't make sense to me to do all of AMK just to get dex or str +2 on a walahra turban. Just use the turban and save the hat effort for WS build or something else like these folks did ^^
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-29 10:18:07  
I suppose, i think i would make mine a Ws piece, not manyh other options that wouldnt surpase other situational pieces.