Is The Game Still Worth Coming Back To?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Is the game still worth coming back to?
Is the game still worth coming back to?
 Bismarck.Hove
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hove201
By Bismarck.Hove 2014-03-18 11:48:52  
Hey all. I got that infamous FFXI bug again. I've been playing FFXIV:ARR since it launched and I have pretty much done all there is to do for my class. I only log on to do endgame. I was wondering if FFXI is still going strong. I feel like I have much unfinished business and would probably play both games. I don't want to waste my money though. What do you guys suggest? I assume that FFXI still has the "hardcore" player base, which is what I miss the most.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-18 11:55:43  
Absolutely! Lots of cool adds recently! Job points (not yet cool but have alot of potential) ilevel gear really taking off. Better augments for delve gear! Cool hard bosses (well until we figure them out). Come on back!
[+]
 Bahamut.Menty
サーバ: Bahamut
user: mental
By Bahamut.Menty 2014-03-18 11:55:44  
Yes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-18 12:48:48  
In short, yes it's very much worth coming back to.

Depending on when you last played, the amount of ilevel reforge options alone just within the last few month is staggering. This isn't including the other end-game venues where really good gear can be obtained (Ark Angels II, Divine Might II, REM Chapter BC's, etc).

If you do come back, take things in stride. It can be overwhelming to see all the new items and changes, especially if you're the type of person that has to have the best stuff for your job(s). It'll take time to upgrade and update your gear.

Find a good linkshell to land into if you don't already have one. While lots of aspects of the game are soloable, there is still content that you'll want to do with friends and other people.
[+]
 Asura.Dakenx
サーバ: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-03-18 13:04:13  
yes it is. Also wow at everyone saying yes
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2014-03-18 13:10:52  
I've been back over a month having left FFXIV behind (like most, I did almost everything I was interested in) and i've not regretted it.

Halfway through making an aegis just doing salvage/dyna solo casually and i'm enjoying lowman delve and getting ilvl gear. The game is much better now than when Adoulin launched.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cdubs
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2014-03-18 13:11:11  
With the recent updates of being able to enter Salvage solo and lowering the amount of people needed to do delve, ect ect... Even if you do not have a large EGLS there are tons of things that you can do solo/low man which is what I do most of the time. So I agree with everyone here and say YES! C'mon back!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-18 13:17:16  
Asura.Dakenx said: »
yes it is. Also wow at everyone saying yes

No it's rubbish.

SE made everything easier to get to.
Gave everyone more access.
Made Decent weapons easily obtainable by everyone.
Created more Niche fights that Favor RNG.
Added new character progression routes.

I hate anything that means progress!

(Being sarcastic naturally)

In all seriousness though it's NOT BAD, but could take some time to get back into the swing of things.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-03-21 13:10:59  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Yes it is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-03-21 13:12:28  
Yes of course it is
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-03-21 13:16:59  
Yes
[+]
 Shiva.Gsonn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gsonn
By Shiva.Gsonn 2014-03-21 13:30:39  
Most Def.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-21 14:16:10  
There's a lot to do at different scale (whether it's solo, party or alliance), I've never had so little time idling in town in this game before.

But it's a very different game than what it used to be (depending on when you quit). Only you can decide whether this content is entertaining for you. No one can answer that question and your best bet is just to resub for a month and try it out yourself. You're only "wasting" 1 month worth of subs which is probably less than a decent meal out.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2014-03-21 14:27:36  
I came back about a week ago, and while it takes a bit to get used to all the changes; it's definitely still worth coming back to.
By Arziet 2014-03-21 14:37:15  
How many of you all have active event LS's in the US prime (5pm-Midnightpm EST) on your servers?
 Asura.Lizzy
user: Lizzy
By Asura.Lizzy 2014-03-21 15:05:46  
I've been gone a long time too and just thinking about coming back but I have no idea what's going on. LOL. How can I get these new NPC's to fight with me? Are there any low man Tojil groups I can get into on Asura? Is Oatixur still the best H2H for Monk?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ravenn42 2014-03-21 15:36:50  
Asura.Lizzy said: »
I've been gone a long time too and just thinking about coming back but I have no idea what's going on. LOL. How can I get these new NPC's to fight with me? Are there any low man Tojil groups I can get into on Asura? Is Oatixur still the best H2H for Monk?

Oats are still a good weapon but it has competition now.
You can 6 man delve so you can shout for a group or join other shouts. The new NPC quests are easy to get and they offer a wide variety of them while adding new ones on a regular basis.
 Asura.Lizzy
user: Lizzy
By Asura.Lizzy 2014-03-22 17:18:25  
Really good to know, thanks Ravenn42 :)