Windower Launcher Crashing - Halp!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower Launcher crashing - halp!
Windower Launcher crashing - halp!
By Tylaar 2014-03-16 02:21:33  
My Win7 FFXI machine has been running fine for yeeears, and I went and broke it (it seems!) by installing FF14 on it. 14 didnt run smoothly so I immediately uninstalled, but ever since then Windower 4 launcher crashes immediately on startup with the "Windower Launcher has stopped working" message.

FFXI still runs fine if I run it vanilla. I did all the plugin disabling in the Windower configs etc but as far as I can see it's not even getting that far to affect things. I tried the specific Win7/Vista POL, but pretty sure I already had the compatible one from the Ultimate edition.

I figured it was some corruption in the registry, maybe it couldn't find FFXI so today I un-installed everything and re-installed clean using the Adoulin Ultimate installer, with windower afterward.. and still no joy :(

There's not much diagnostics in the window to help unfortunately. Before I do the rebuild thing, does anyone have any suggestions I can try? Hopefully it's something simple that just got messed up. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Halticus
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-03-16 02:28:28  
have you tried to uninstall windower then re-download?
 Cerberus.Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-03-16 02:29:09  
nvm i see u said that already :(
 Cerberus.Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-03-16 02:30:32  
maybe try system restore to a previous date before installing ffxiv?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-16 05:56:41  
Are you using Windower's development build? That just underwent some serious changes we're trying to test before the next update, so it might be possible that it's due to that.
By bigdave1978 2014-03-16 06:58:18  
I don't want to start a new topic but I cant get to work on windows 8.1 either. but playonline works fine
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-16 08:02:53  
bigdave1978 said: »
I don't want to start a new topic but I cant get to work on windows 8.1 either. but playonline works fine

Some versions of Windows 8.1 were installed incorrectly and causes a violation when Windower tries to work the normal way, unfortunatly as the "installation error" is never the same, it can't be remedied by the Dev team.

I discovered this when I re-installed Windows 8.1 and it worked perfectly and found a couple of files were different.

The odd thing is it doesn't affect any other programme I use (used) prior to Windower, even Ashita worked perfectly well.
By bigdave1978 2014-03-16 08:28:49  
thanks buddy
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-16 09:02:33  
bigdave1978 said: »
thanks buddy

If you try the re install and it doesn't work, and using a different PC / Version of windows doesn't help send me a PM I'll help you get some level of play from the game using Ashita at least, similar to windower and has a Spellcast, just no Battlemmod and not quite pleasant on the eyes :)