Player Event Support?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Player Event Support?
Player Event Support?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-28 09:44:00  
Yeah, was reading up on this. Total ***useless update, as usual.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-28 09:46:13  
The amount of text that this announcement contains is unattractive to my eyes.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 09:46:16  
so basically, if you don't have any friends, you can hire moogles to be your buddies for events?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-28 09:49:16  
They've had this a few times before I believe, which from memory was initially started by some players who actually came to SE about it. Basically just a design your own event competition I think.

It's waaaay tl;dr though, so I could be wrong <_<
 Ramuh.Tipiro
By Ramuh.Tipiro 2009-07-28 12:30:49  
I thought it sounded kinda cool.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-28 12:36:26  
Lame event idea is lame. ->
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-28 12:38:13  
ok

>.>
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-28 12:40:32  
It looks kinda neat, but ... doubt it will be properly used.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-07-28 12:48:38  
I thought it sounded cool too, and it would put that pendent compass I bought to use! :3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 13:25:06  
I still dont fully understand wtf this is about
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:28:06  
can i get the swimsuit with clamming still?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 13:29:45  
no sorry, you have to clam naked, so watch out.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-28 13:56:55  
My event: Fight JEJ, instead of him dropping a rabbit charm he drops mandau, but for me onry!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-28 14:01:53  
Excesspain said:
My event: Fight JEJ, instead of him dropping a rabbit charm he drops mandau, but for me onry!

Why so selfish?

Make it drop a Moogle Kupon R for a relic of our choice!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 14:29:02  
oh, so thats how it works. So they're not moogles at all, but they're actually items/mobs/props/etc...

SE's attempts to keep us entertained seems more bleak every update.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-28 14:32:15  
Just give us the *** avatars already.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-28 14:38:16  
Didn't SE say that we would get avatars in the next 2 updates?

guess that was bs
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2009-07-28 19:20:52  
Hmm...just brainstorming the (non-RP) applications of this, I came up with some typically mundane applications:

* Chocobo Races/Relay Races: For outdoor settings only--set up Moogles as starting/ending/way-point markers to indicate the course, and all participating players race the course on their own chocobos (no rentals!) in straight heats or relay-race teams.

* Easter-egg Moogles: Big maps for challenge, small maps like Metalworks for a fast game. Event leader secretly chooses the extremely-out-of-the-way coordinates for up to 4 moogles, and players gather at the 'start' until a signal is called. Then everyone scrambles to find the moogles first and declare the <pos>. Winners get...er...whatever the winners get. :p (Works best in either huge areas like the desert or ones with lots of blind corners and lack of line-of-sight so F8 spam won't work. Zones like Altepa which require zoning into Quicksand Caves to access other parts of the desert would be a nice trick!)

* Moogle-Geo-Cache: LOL just like the old "Shooting the Azimuth" game everyone hated so much! Players locate first moogle, moogle is programmed to give cardinal directions (or navigation directions like "go up stairs, go left") to second moogle, etc. etc. Prize is wherever last moogle says to go (like event leader or NPC at a hidden location.)

* Vanadiel Fear Factor: Place moogles at coordinates in Uleguerand Range where only the craziest and most foolhardy adventurers will go! Players that get to the moogle and relay their text messages (as verification they got there) win! (Hope the prize is big enough to cover the loss of exp and increase in white hairs from aggroing all those taurs and Jormy!) :p

* Quizmaster Moogles: Answer me, these questions three..! A game for only a small group. A variation on the "Easter Egg Moogles" above, players scour the map to find the moogles. Each of the 4 moogles each pose a question (their programmed text) which players have to answer correctly (probably via /t but via /l or /p works too if no one minds other ppl seeing their guesses.) Person with the most right answers wins!

That's what I could come up with just thinking about it for a few minutes (and didn't involve moogle + spamming /welcome motion.) Yes, it's a lame "let-users-create-content-and-we'll-take-credit" type thing...but in a time when a lot of other (Asian) MMORPGs are shrinking and scaling back player-support and GM presence, at least SE is throwing out a bone (or at least moogle-bots.) :/

And at least SE was nice enough to let the moogles get Tuesdays off... :p
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-07-28 20:36:29  
Schutz said:

* Quizmaster Moogles: Answer me, these questions three..! A game for only a small group. A variation on the "Easter Egg Moogles" above, players scour the map to find the moogles. Each of the 4 moogles each pose a question (their programmed text) which players have to answer correctly (probably via /t but via /l or /p works too if no one minds other ppl seeing their guesses.) Person with the most right answers wins!

And now I have Monty Python in my head ><

I do like the concept of this but it doesn't surprise me the compass is mentioned. SE needed some way to sell them.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-29 11:50:05  
Haseyo said:
Just give us the *** avatars already.

^this
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-29 12:36:39  
Who wants to be a Gillionaire
You can guess the game setup from the title, but have a timer on each question to prevent wiki-ing and outside help.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 12:45:34  
how about we have one massive circle jerk and use the moogles as towel dispensers and waiters for drinks and such.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-29 12:50:46  
I personally think this will be nice for things like LS casual events or birthdays.

For myself i plan to marry my RL fiance in game, i told her if she managed to make 75 i would marry her in game.

She hit 75 BRD about a month ago..... never had a girl take interest let alone make a job to 75 LOL. And best part is this is AFTER i asked her to marry me in real life :D

But yeah it's kinda meh but it's neat in a way to hold events.... unlike that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE "Hostel" you can rent in aht urghan.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 12:52:10  
It's funny that she actually took you serious about being married in-game... I guess marriage is marriage to a woman, no matter in what reality it is.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-29 12:56:56  
Kungfuhustle said:
It's funny that she actually took you serious about being married in-game... I guess marriage is marriage to a woman, no matter in what reality it is.

LOL i know right?

She doesn't mind that i play this at all, and one day she brough a trial CD to me and was like help me do this... i was like wtf?.

When she started playing she found out on wiki you can get married in game. That's the point i told her if she hit 75 i would marry her. I had other girlfriends play this in the past for like... up to level 10 and quit lol.

She used to be in band in high school and likes music so i gave a shot in the dark and told her to do bard.

._.

oh well, i'll gladly keep my end of the bargain up.

but yeah...

haha...

silly girls and their marriage.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 13:01:58  
/nods