users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » AH prices...
AH prices...
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-07-27 11:28:34  
Any1 been noticed lately the prices on on the AH have been droppin drastically in the past month or so, only to be risen to much higher price later on? On my server it seems that same guys are buying up alot of items and then manipulating the prices to a very high but stupid amount of gil.
 Asura.Sharpe
サーバ: Asura
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-07-27 11:29:52  
It's called RMT.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 11:29:58  
Happens all the time. :o
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 11:32:05  
A good portion of that is RMT. New plan is to buy or farm a bunch of items, then sell them progressively lowr to another RMT mule in order to drop the price on in demand items. From there, normal players sell the item for the new, lower going rate, and RMT buy the market at that low price. When they have a big stock of said item, they raise the price much higher than it originally was to maximize profit.

These items include Enfeebling/Elemental Torques, Flame/Snow rings, that new C mantle, Foragers Mantle, Peacock Charms, etc. Some servers even have em doing it on things such as Khroma ore.
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-07-27 11:32:18  
/sigh this is why i left fairy... now its happening all over again
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 11:36:04  
Lol it's on every goddamn server bro.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-27 11:51:02  
It's also called being smart enough to take advantage of it. I've watched an AH trend before and bought up tons of something while it's cheap. Walking away with a few grand in profit makes you an RMT though.
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-07-27 11:53:34  
i aint got no problem with it if it were sumthin like a SH or sumthin but when fuma's drop to 90 from 300k thats a problem
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 11:53:43  
Eternaltriumph said:
A good portion of that is RMT. New plan is to buy or farm a bunch of items, then sell them progressively lowr to another RMT mule in order to drop the price on in demand items. From there, normal players sell the item for the new, lower going rate, and RMT buy the market at that low price. When they have a big stock of said item, they raise the price much higher than it originally was to maximize profit.

These items include Enfeebling/Elemental Torques, Flame/Snow rings, that new C mantle, Foragers Mantle, Peacock Charms, etc. Some servers even have em doing it on things such as Khroma ore.

Meaning people can do it too, or make profit also. But the trigger and biggest waypoint maker are RMT.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-27 12:17:09  
Actually, i've noticed prices on heavily used equipment rising loads because of the new augmenting. Weskits,hauby,hq staves,amemet+1 and many more because rich ppl desperate to get good augments on them.

Now is a great time to sell as ppl are prepared to spend much more than the ah price if none are in stock.

Can't say i've seen much price drops lately, but if you see big price rises it's 99% most likely honest players taking advantage of augment craze sweeping servers atm.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 12:36:36  
Etrayis said:
It's also called being smart enough to take advantage of it. I've watched an AH trend before and bought up tons of something while it's cheap. Walking away with a few grand in profit makes you an RMT though.

Not RMT, just suspicious. Doesn't automatically mean you buy/sell gil, just AH manipulation.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 12:40:30  
nothing to Q.Q over really it happens in RL too

People & RMT use this

its basic economics

Btw the rich get richer and the poor get poorer its how stuff rolls
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:41:29  
It takes money to make money?
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-27 12:42:11  
In my experience it isn't always AH manipulation and RMT. It has to do with supply and demand in my experiences. Right now a lot of things are soaring in price because people are buying tons of them to try to augment. I've seen prices on things fluctuate a lot, but I doubt it's RMT most of the time.
If people spam the hell out of something the items it produces are going to drop and vice-versa.
If you are suspicious or unhappy with a price I'd suggest waiting a bit and let the prices normalize. It will pay off in the end. Most items will return to normal in a few weeks and you can get the full-share for your item.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-27 12:42:35  
Tbest said:

not always, farming, KS-BCMM's ISNM dont take money as far as i know.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-27 12:44:14  
Thunderz said:

Btw the rich get richer and the poor get poorer its how stuff rolls

not in ffxi...i'm not rich rich but i'm not poor anymore either \o/
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 12:44:43  
Rumaha said:
Tbest said:

Food cost gil. BOOM. Now people that farm are RMT.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:45:34  
Rumaha said:
Tbest said:

Time = money.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-27 12:45:47  
Haseyo said:
Rumaha said:
Tbest said:

Food cost gil. BOOM. Now people that farm are RMT.

Who uses food farming? >.>, BC-KS-ISNM maybe, but not even needed lol.
 Seraph.Darkvision
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 12:48:04  
well its been happening to wootz ore's r.ore even squid sushi was up at 29k a stack at one point. i think they are out of thier selling gill and need to make some back fast. 4 times i have had /tell's of them asking if ya like to make some real cash for selling ingame gil at one point, this also ties into when brogame or brosale was down to $15/mil then 1 week later back up to $30/mil.

i think they running out of gil and need to make some fast
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 12:49:30  
When I used to farm, I'd use crab sushi (as Thf). I used to go in Pso'Xja for Avatar Blood.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-27 12:53:23  
Darkvision said:
well its been happening to wootz ore's r.ore even squid sushi was up at 29k a stack at one point. i think they are out of thier selling gill and need to make some back fast. 4 times i have had /tell's of them asking if ya like to make some real cash for selling ingame gil at one point, this also ties into when brogame or brosale was down to $15/mil then 1 week later back up to $30/mil.

i think they running out of gil and need to make some fast

From what i heard SE banned a bunch of their gil holding accounts thats possibly why you got tells asking you to sell gil to them, i got a tell like that too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-27 12:54:38  
Sharpe said:
It's called RMT.

HUUURRRRRRRRRR

DURRRRRRRRRRRR

Prices on a lot of items have actually risen in the past couple months here, thanks to MKD that trend has spread.
 Asura.Sharpe
サーバ: Asura
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-07-27 13:00:00  
Nightfyre said:
Sharpe said:
It's called RMT.

HUUURRRRRRRRRR

DURRRRRRRRRRRR

Prices on a lot of items have actually risen in the past couple months here, thanks to MKD that trend has spread.

I was guessing it's the RMT price fixers when he said prices dropping dramatically and then rising back above what they were.
 Gilgamesh.Shadowchaser
By Gilgamesh.Shadowchaser 2009-07-27 13:36:55  
Ive seen prices dropping due to the new Unions in campaign too. Things that were selling
for 20k+ are now selling for 1k because the AH is overloaded and ppl cant wait 24 hours
for it to sell at a decent price so they just keep dropping the price so their's sell 1st!

Could never understand why they would settle for 1k if it sells in 1-2 hours when he/she
would get 20k if they just waited a day for it to sell.But to each their own.

Edit:I'm sorry i did not read what i was typing.I was just typing real quick and talking on the phone
at the same time, i should have reread it befor i posted!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:37:50  
O.oa Is English your first language?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 13:43:13  
I could understand it, just all the wrong ways of spelling the meaning he/she meant. English ftl.

Shadowchaser said:
I've seen prices dropping due to the new Unions in campaign, too. Things that were selling
for 20k+ are now selling for 1k because the AH is overloaded and ppl cant wait 24 hours for it to sell at a decent price so they just keep dropping the price so their's would sell first!

Could never understand why someone would settle for 1k if it sells in 1-2 hours when he/she would get 20k by just waiting a day for it to sell. But to each their own.

Sounds a bit better this way.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 13:46:17  
Rowland said:
Anyone else notice those Gargouille Eyes? There were 0 up this morning for 10k a piece. Now there are 42 up going for 50k on Ramuh. lolwut?

Did someone find a good craft for it? lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 13:48:48  
It makes the Fay Crozier, which can have -3 Perp for Avatars, completely making HQ staves for Smns obsolete.
First Page 2