Cerberus:[Discussion] Pet Alliance Vs. Divine Might II

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus:[Discussion] Pet Alliance vs. Divine Might II
Cerberus:[Discussion] Pet Alliance vs. Divine Might II
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-20 10:45:50  
First off, I'd like to give a thumbs-up to Siviard of Shiva (and any others who are doing similar things) for his willingness to bring ilevel pet jobs into today's end-game scenarios.

This thread is going to serve as a starting point for discussing an ambitious event I'd like to organize very soon. Depending on the interest and availability, I wouldn't mind doing a run perhaps this Saturday (2-20-14 CST), but let's not put the cart before the horse!

Originally, I wanted to ease into things by taking some BST's, SMN's or PUP's into an Ark Angels II run, most likely on a max difficulty of Easy to start. But then I started thinking - why not just go big on this and do Divine Might II?

What I would like to do is discuss jobs scenarios on what we think would be the most effective set-ups and the overall difficulty of the Divine Might II BC itself. Keep in mind that this is primarily a PET event. I say "primarily" because I do think that a good PLD will be needed to hold all the Angels while the rest of the alliance pulls them off one at a time. I also think that the PLD should have a WHM or some sort or back-up support. We can certainly discuss the particulars, though.

While this discussion is open to ideas, opinions and suggestions, there will be a few requirements that are mandatory! Your gear doesn't have to be uber elite, but it does need to reflect your ability to contribute to this event in a satisfactory manner.

1. Beastmasters will be required to have a pair of Monster Gloves+2 with the Adds "Enhances 'Beast Affinity' effect" augment as well as an ilevel axe (119 preferred, but not mandatory). The new Ankusa Gloves fulfills this as well.

2. Summoners will be required to have the ability to call ilevel Avatars. Now, I'm going to stop right here and say I am NOT an expert on today's end-game SMN, but I'm assuming that the Eminent Sachet is the bare-bones requirement? I know not every SMN will have a Seraphicaller. Feel free to discuss what SMN's are using in these BC's.

3. Puppetmasters should have... well, heck if I know! This is a job I most definitely do not know anything about. >_>

In addition to the above information, everyone must be able to financially support your pet(s) for this event. This includes having plenty of jugs, dawn mulsums and pet food, as an example.

Conagh and Balloon have already shown interest from a previous thread, so I'm going to be presumptuous and toss their names into the hat. :)

I'll edit this post with changes, details and a final start date/time once we get to that point.

Thanks, guys!

---------

Confirmed:

Avalon - BST
Conagh - ???
Aeyela - SMN
Kylos - BST
Caleena - SMN
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-20 10:49:37  
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-20 11:07:48  
I haven't fought any AA's as SMN myself, but I've read that Summoners have a hard time landing physical BP's successfully on the Ark Angels even with iLevel gear. As Magical BP's seem the way to go (esp. Diabolos's "Nether Blast" since the Ark Angels appear to be light-based), I'd expect any SMN you take with you would need as much Avatar:M.Atk and Avatar:M.Acc as they can muster.

The usual SMN staples would apply as usual; skill+, BP delay-, perp cost-, refresh etc.

You should probably also consider taking a COR with you for the pet bonuses, but also for a *hopeful* chance they can reset 1hr job abilities. Example: have all the SMN's use an offensive BP, then all use Astral Conduit and spam offensive BP's until Astral Conduit wears, then have the COR attempt to reset abilities. If successful, the SMN's can use Astral Conduit again for another round of almost no-delay BP'ing. This may not be practical, but it's a thought.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-20 11:15:08  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
I haven't fought any AA's as SMN myself, but I've read that Summoners have a hard time landing physical BP's successfully on the Ark Angels even with iLevel gear. As Magical BP's seem the way to go (esp. Diabolos's "Nether Blast" since the Ark Angels appear to be light-based), I'd expect any SMN you take with you would need as much Avatar:M.Atk and Avatar:M.Acc as they can muster.

The usual SMN staples would apply as usual; skill+, BP delay-, perp cost-, refresh etc.

You should probably also consider taking a COR with you for the pet bonuses, but also for a *hopeful* chance they can reset 1hr job abilities. Example: have all the SMN's use an offensive BP, then all use Astral Conduit and spam offensive BP's until Astral Conduit wears, then have the COR attempt to reset abilities. If successful, the SMN's can use Astral Conduit again for another round of almost no-delay BP'ing. This may not be practical, but it's a thought.

Thanks for the info. If we made an all-SMN party, we could easily put a COR in there as a 6th (SMN x5 COR x1), or some variation of that.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-02-20 11:34:15  
I could go on BST. Just let me know when.
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-02-20 11:38:25  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
1. Beastmasters will be required to have a pair of Monster Gloves+2 with the Adds "Enhances 'Beast Affinity' effect" augment as well as an ilevel axe (119 preferred, but not mandatory). The new Ankusa Gloves fulfills this as well.

Unless I'm mistaken in my understanding of ilvl weapons and pets with bst, the relic gloves are useless if you use a jug with a naturaly high lv cap. for example, boar caps at 115+, i'm going to assume 115 for the sake of discussion. with an eminent axe but no merits or relic gloves , boar will come out at lv 115 (not 113-115). with 1 merit in affinity, boar will be 117. with 5 merits in affinity, boar will be 117.

Auged relic gloves are only useful when either 1) using jugs with no ilvl weapon equipped, guaranteeing you a pet thats lv 99 instead of 97-99; or 2) when using jugs with a cap more than 10 levels below the ilvl weapon you have equipped. You can get a lv 114 falcorr this way, but hes still inferior to the newer jugs even when spawned at lv 114.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-20 11:38:28  
Just did a 4x BST 2x SMN on Difficult won in 17 minutes. ~

Where were you Avalon?!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-20 11:40:07  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »

Unless I'm mistaken in my understanding of ilvl weapons and pets with bst, the relic gloves are useless if you use a jug with a naturaly high lv cap. for example, boar caps at 115+, i'm going to assume 115 for the sake of discussion. with an eminent axe but no merits or relic gloves , boar will come out at lv 115 (not 113-115). with 1 merit in affinity, boar will be 117. with 5 merits in affinity, boar will be 117.

Auged relic gloves are only useful when either 1) using jugs with no ilvl weapon equipped, guaranteeing you a pet thats lv 99 instead of 97-99; or 2) when using jugs with a cap more than 10 levels below the ilvl weapon you have equipped. You can get a lv 114 falcorr this way, but hes still inferior to the newer jugs even when spawned at lv 114.

You are correct, but who ever said the Boar had the best stats versus other monsters that capped at say ~ 99 or 105?

For example, suppose you want one person to use the Turtle Pet for Defence (and they bring a Pure pet PDT/Haste build) ~
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-20 11:42:33  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Cool, Kylos, will do.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Where were you Avalon?!

Nice! Which AA did you do?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-20 11:56:58  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »

Yeah, thanks for clarifying. I meant to say 1 or the other on the gloves/weapon. That was based mostly on the overall experience in the Shiva Delve run where some BST's had the augmented gloves, but not the ilevel weapons, and vice versa.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-20 14:31:31  

Cool, Kylos, will do.

Where were you Avalon?!

lol Taru
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-20 14:36:16  

Cool, Kylos, will do.

Where were you Avalon?!

lol Taru

I just realized you said you did that on Difficult mode. :o That's awesome!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-20 14:37:02  

Cool, Kylos, will do.

Where were you Avalon?!

lol Taru

I just realized you said you did that on Difficult mode. :o That's awesome!

It was very messy.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-21 09:16:48  
I'm updating the OP with the names of those who have shown interest in participating. I totally get there are many players who don't visit FFXIAH at all so I'll be asking them in-game later on today.

Thanks guys.
By ariurban 2014-02-22 05:16:00  
I want to join in as BST..have all requirements..
Could go SMN too.. but feel better with BST..

Character: Aric
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-02-22 09:08:26  
I'd go bst if I am on when u do it
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-23 08:10:24  
ariurban said: »
I want to join in as BST..have all requirements..
Could go SMN too.. but feel better with BST..

Character: Aric
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
I'd go bst if I am on when u do it

Hey Aric and Koda, sorry I didn't catch your posts in time yesterday. After spending quite a long time trying to get the pet run in without many many no-shows, we decided to switch gears and just do a regular run with Rangers, etc etc. It took half the day to get going, but we won. :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [149 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Radashar
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Radashar
By Carbuncle.Radashar 2014-07-21 21:15:59  
This is why I should look at forums more often.

PUP > All.

I would love to let Serenade poke things.
[+]