users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » POL Crash after Update
POL Crash after Update
 Lakshmi.Ardalus
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Iker
By Lakshmi.Ardalus 2014-02-17 23:16:22  
My Playonline has been crashing (windower) since the update. It's quite annoying. Anyone having this issue?

Please let me know.. Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-02-17 23:33:57  
Does it work without windower?
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-02-17 23:33:57  
Does it work without windower?
 Shiva.Enternius
サーバ: Shiva
user: Enternius
By Shiva.Enternius 2014-02-17 23:56:35  
My POL is crashing as well, everytime I go into the Quest Log. I believe I set one of the new RoE objectives, and now I can't go back in to see what it was without crashing.

Additionally, my Mog Case isn't listed in View House, but I can still type /case to access it.

Not sure if this is something I somehow did wrong or if the patch glitched out or something, doing a File repair now.

Edit: Happens with or without windower.

Edit2: File repair did in fact fix the problem, would recommend the same to OP.

Edit3: My problem was caused by something in XIView, guess I'll not use that for now. I reinstalled it and it broke the game again.

Edit4: Turns out it was my own stupid fault for downloading an outdated version of XIView.
 Lakshmi.Ardalus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Iker
By Lakshmi.Ardalus 2014-02-18 04:21:16  
Alright, I'll try that out. Thanks my friend.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-03-26 23:51:14  
Mine is crashing as well since the last update. If I don't use windower, I can stay online with no problems. When using windower, it crashes after a few hours. It crashes in the middle of fights, it crashes after i'm afk'ing in Jeuno. I don't have to be doing anything to make it happen. It appears to be random. When I load windower, I've turned off every plugin and add-on in the two lists. It still crashes after a few hours.

I don't know how to do any dumps or whatever, all I have is the "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" box that comes up. I can type out the info under the "View problem details" drop down box but I'm not sure if it'll help much. I run it on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit if that means anything at all.

Is there anything I can try so that I can possibly get more information to help find the problem?

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-27 05:51:45  
Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
Is there anything I can try so that I can possibly get more information to help find the problem?

I'm afraid all you can do is make a crash dump.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-03-27 15:44:53  
thanks for the link. Just want to make sure I understand it correctly. Once I have the debug program monitoring POL, instead of getting the "Playonline has stopped working" error, it'll just hang. That's when I get the dump?

I hope I did this correctly. I just logged on and afk'd while I cleaned up around the house. This is what I got.

dump
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-27 15:48:13  
I've never used it, so cannot comment... isn't that explained on the site? Maybe someone else can help.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-03-27 16:05:07  
yeah. But it also says it might hang when trying to load some .dlls or something. Wasn't sure if my original error message would pop up so I knew for sure that it had crashed or if it was just trying to load some dll file or something. Didn't want to hit F5 and ruin it somehow.

Just wanted to be sure. New to all this and never had problems before. Sorry