users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Delve: Kurma and Tutewehiwehi
Delve: Kurma and Tutewehiwehi
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 09:22:21  
Anyone happen to know the speed (time delay) at which Kurma executes Testudo Tremor and Tutewehiwehi's Calcifying Mist (I think it's that TP move, anyway)?

They seem near-instant, or at least really quick, and we had a hard time successfully stunning them all last night for some reason.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-07 09:25:29  
They are reliably stunanble. Mage needs to turn graphics down/mess with chat log so he has more time
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 09:27:37  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
They are reliably stunanble. Mage needs to turn graphics down/mess with chat log so he has more time

I had all effects turned off (which is default for me in Delve), but still missed some, same with my partner. I wonder if there was latency issues or something. Normally, it's not a huge problem.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-07 09:28:24  
Dont know then, had plenty of runs where neither gets off. Of course, sometimes they do, never 100%.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 09:29:35  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Dont know then, had plenty of runs where neither gets off. Of course, sometimes they do, never 100%.

Yeah, I hear you there. It was my first time to get yelled at, so I guess I'm officially initiated. :P
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
サーバ: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-07 09:29:59  
Not sure if you're trying to get their key item but don't forget about Alizarin Yggzi Bead IV and Alizarin Yggzi Bead V

Best of luck to you in your clears
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 09:30:41  
Valefor.Oxt said: »
Not sure if you're trying to get their key item but don't forget about Alizarin Yggzi Bead IV and Alizarin Yggzi Bead V

Best of luck to you in your clears.

I have all 3 Fracture clears. It was just another typical evening Delve run with friends and such.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-02-07 09:36:14  
Definitely, if a windower user, would invest in using battle mod. If needbe using mob filter to further reduce down the players on screen would help in that regard. Practice is also a large component, especially if going from manually stunning at red lines to looking at the chat log and reactionary doing it for specific WS and not all of them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 09:42:10  
Asura.Loire said: »
Definitely, if a windower user, would invest in using battle mod. If needbe using mob filter to further reduce down the players on screen would help in that regard. Practice is also a large component, especially if going from manually stunning at red lines to looking at the chat log and reactionary doing it for specific WS and not all of them.

Yeah I definitely agree practice is progress. I do manually stun animations, btw, but I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I'm not proficient enough to pick and choose what I stun in a split-second - I just stun everything when my turn comes up as a simple matter of reaction.

It seems though that some stuns get wasted on TP moves that are virtually not stun-able due to there being 0 delay, etc. Many Delve NM's come to mind in this regard (In Morimar, Eft, Raptor, etc come to mind).
By Spiraboo 2014-02-07 09:48:37  
Mists can be stunned very reliably with animation stun, if you watch for the "ducking"/neck curling animation instead of the red line you'd give yourself a bit more time to do it.

Tremor on the other hand is a lot more tight. still stunnable. You might want to go for menu stun instead of macro as /ma stun <t> gives you a bit more delay on there. And there's not much point stunning anything other than tremor on kurma, you could get you and your partner to both target tremor and hopefully one of you manage to hit. (alacrity up will also buy you a few split seconds on cast time to make it land, if you only aim for tremor you shouldn't run out of strats)

Having said that it's no big deal, barstonra up and melee should be able to eat tremor no problem (granted your healers aren't afk)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 09:52:12  
Spiraboo said: »
Mists can be stunned very reliably with animation stun, if you watch for the "dugging"/neck curling animation instead of the red line you'd give yourself a bit more time to do it.

Tremor on the other hand is a lot more tight. still stunnable. You might want to go for menu stun instead of macro as /ma stun <t> gives you a bit more delay on there. And there's not much point stunning anything other than tremor on kurma

Menu stun :o I'll have to give that a try.. it makes sense that you'd save a bit of time doing it that way.

You're right about wasted stuns on Kurma, but it would seem that I'd have to keep an eye on the chat log for his Tremors move, right? I'm sure there's a balance to it all.
By Spiraboo 2014-02-07 09:53:59  
Yea, most of us only stun tremor on kurma (in cerby anyway), and it requries you watching the log like a hawk. Have your spell selected on your menu and kurma on purple arrow target then all you have to do is hit enter when you see it XD

Kurma is incredibly hard to read on animation and you kind of want all other moves to go off, as it loosen it's defence that way (apart from tortoise songs, but if you don't have a bot and don't live in JP it's mostly a miss anyway)
By Pantafernando 2014-02-07 09:56:40  
Calcifying mist and testudo tremor are pretty fast moves and requires a very fast reflex but thats just half truth.

Be sure your brds are using elegy and pining nocturne, also your rdm is casting slow in the nm.

That said, calcifying isnt nothing more than a time sink. It wont wipe your party unless you arent actually ready for tojil. As we get movement plus, victory smite, time is enough to eat some mists tbh.

About testudo, that i dont really worry to stun. Kurma tp moves actually reduce his defense, so stunning every move isnt smart, even more as almost all his moves are weak. And i dont think you can reliable land elegy on him, also i dont think its possible to actually choose just testudo to stun, so just dont bother, remember of keeping barstonra up and embrava and he drops before the second embrave wear off. About the testudo itself, even 2 testudo back to back at most will let players in red, i dont think it can actually kill players half decently geared.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-02-07 10:03:17  
Quote:
Be sure your brds are using elegy and pining nocturne, also your rdm is casting slow in the nm. Piss me people sometimes are too lazy.

Not sure how much it helps in delve. Nocturne/addle helps on casting so sure. But Slow/elegy doesn't seem to have a significant impact in delve - as long as you have 6 melees battering the nms with full haste buffs you're feeding it so much tp that his hits aren't really his source of TP, your damage is. so slow or elegy don't really influence that much. T1-5 NMs tends to just spam TP moves regardless, and bosses pretty much always go TP -> hit -> TP.

Tojil can be easily silenced by a geo or whm so you can avoid magic that way. Nocturne is almost impossibel to land on tojil (fire based song) and elegy is almost impossible to land on kurma (earth based song)

It's possible to only stun tremor. But it requires you to have good reflex and a good connection
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-02-07 10:09:33  
Few stuns are completely wasted on those two nms(edit: eft & raptor) with a stun cycle going, still slows the TP spam and damage taken down. If you can't selectively stun then you're going about it the right way, might be worth checking if the other SCH can for testudo though. Could try using more filters if that's an issue too, when I play SCH I only see actions from my party and the mobs. If playing at min settings (including lower resolution if that affects your PC speed?) with battlemod and the chatlog is still too slow then all you can do is animation stun everything, which works fine. If that's too slow then there's something wrong, lag or w/e. As was said above, sometimes the moves go off anyway.

(I typed as a reply above Spira!)
@Using slow stuff: what's this to try and achieve?
I've never seen a group use any embravas on Kurma, did I read your post wrong and you meant Tojil?

Edit: Oh, and I was told at the start that if we couldn't stun Testudo then stun just after it's finished so we can buy the healers a little more time incase we got a back-to-back Testudo spammer.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 10:24:06  
Lots of great suggestions, guys, thanks! :) I think I'm going to play around with my filters more to see if I can fine-tune my results in Delve (whenever I go SCH). I'm particularly interested in giving menu-stunning a shot.

I can look when I get home, but do you happen to know which "effects" filter allows me to see what the mob is casting? As it stands now, I can only see the visual side of things (TP animations, etc), but not the text in the chat log.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-02-07 10:49:21  
people embrava kurma since it cant be dispelled although nice not exactly necessary
By Spiraboo 2014-02-07 11:01:12  
Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
I've never seen a group use any embravas on Kurma, did I read your post wrong and you meant Tojil?

Brandi tends to ask for it, but we tend to ignore it. Think it got to the point where he gave up asking for one

lolol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-02-07 11:37:51  
Oh yeah, forgot "effects" too, I have all off and you still see the readying lines - that made a big difference for me. Filter-wise I use the battlemod filters, the xml makes it really easy to choose what to allow or filter, it's broken down into <monsters><target><readies/casting> etc.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 11:41:09  
Oh yeah, forgot "effects" too, I have all off and you still see the readying lines - that made a big difference for me. Filter-wise I use the battlemod filters, the xml makes it really easy to choose what to allow or filter, it's broken down into <monsters><target><readies/casting> etc.

Hey Legion,

Would you happen to know which option in the "effects" category allows you to still see what the NM is casting in the chat log? I'm wondering if it might be "Monster > You"
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-02-07 11:52:51  
If you're talking about battlemod then that's the section for if you are the target (Tojil starts using magic/TP and Avalon is the target), you still need Monster > Party and Monster > Alliance

If you're talking about the Effects menu inside FF, effects are only the animations and not chatlog filters

If you're talking about chat filters menu, then Special actions started on/by allies, party members, and you needs to be allowed
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 11:54:55  
If you're talking about battlemod then that's the section for if you are the target (Tojil starts using magic/TP and Avalon is the target), you still need Monster > Party and Monster > Alliance

If you're talking about the Effects menu inside FF, effects are only the animations and not chatlog filters

If you're talking about chat filters menu, then Special actions started on/by allies, party members, and you needs to be allowed

Yeah I was talking about the in-game filter system. Okay cool, I'll look into it later on then.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-02-07 12:55:57  
You're pretty much doomed if you try to stun using the in-game filter system. The delay on that is ridiculous.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 13:52:29  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
You're pretty much doomed if you try to stun using the in-game filter system. The delay on that is ridiculous.

What do you mean, Chubs? :o Do you mean that turning on chat/effects filters in-game creates a delay or lag? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-07 15:30:42  
The Chat log in game is fed through to the system, it digests it and then show it, with a slight delay, the more information there is incoming (packets wise) the slower this text works, as the filters do not block the information, it still generates the correct "visual" data and then displays it using the various logs.

Battlemod, reads the incoming packet and rather than waiting for POL ti digest and respit it out, it instantly generates a Text that corresponds with what is happening directly from the packet, rather than from the information sent by SE.

This results in a 1~2 second delay difference between Battlemod and non Battlemod.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-07 15:33:45  
Yea, most of us only stun tremor on kurma (in cerby anyway), and it requries you watching the log like a hawk. Have your spell selected on your menu and kurma on purple arrow target then all you have to do is hit enter when you see it XD

Kurma is incredibly hard to read on animation and you kind of want all other moves to go off, as it loosen it's defence that way (apart from tortoise songs, but if you don't have a bot and don't live in JP it's mostly a miss anyway)

How do you miss a stun....... I do this half arsed and have no issues :x
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-07 15:38:33  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
The Chat log in game is fed through to the system, it digests it and then show it, with a slight delay, the more information there is incoming (packets wise) the slower this text works, as the filters do not block the information, it still generates the correct "visual" data and then displays it using the various logs.

Battlemod, reads the incoming packet and rather than waiting for POL ti digest and respit it out, it instantly generates a Text that corresponds with what is happening directly from the packet, rather than from the information sent by SE.

This results in a 1~2 second delay difference between Battlemod and non Battlemod.

Thanks for the explanation of that, Conagh.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-07 15:41:57  

Brandi tends to ask for it, but we tend to ignore it. Think it got to the point where he gave up asking for one

lolol.

Spira, my hero!