フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus: Assault Static for Captain Rank
Cerberus: Assault Static for Captain Rank
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-04 09:57:46  
Hey guys,

I'm looking to attaining Captain rank and wanted to see if anyone else might be interested in teaming up as a small static group. I realize much of Assault now can be soloed, but in terms of efficiency and missions that cannot be soloed, I would rather just knock them out with a few folks.

Starting rank is PSC (because that's what my rank is!) and the goal is Captain. My availability is any time after 5:30 CST during the week and pretty open on the weekends. Depending on the interest, it doesn't necessarily have to be an every-day thing. Even setting aside a specific day(s) of the week to consistently do Assault missions would be progress, but a few missions daily would be awesome too.

Post here if you're interested or in game and we can discuss it. I think we can get everything done with about 3-4 people.

Thanks!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-04 10:22:48  
It might be better to get to FL rank (doing whatever missions you can solo and spamming Nyzul Isle for the rest of the points needed to get to the next rank), then shouting for help on various non-soloable missions.

The only one I know of that is not soloable is Evade & Escape, the others are soloable to a degree (Imperial Agent Rescue is a pain, having 2 people instead of 1 is preferable, but it is still soloable), but E&E is the only one that isn't soloable period.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2014-02-04 10:28:55  
Lebros Caverns Supplies, Evade and Escape, and a couple others
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-02-04 11:05:21  
I'm currently doing assault missions for mythic with Slain. We've been doing them area by area (to get rid of the log books to get space back), but we could possibly do it by rank.

Though the biggest problem is to get everyone together to do it and the more people you cater for the less flexible it is @_@. And we have definitely cleared 2 PSC missions out of the 5 already (mamool and Ilrusi) we've pretty much completed everything on ilrusi (i'm 100%, slain only has the fishing one left) and only a few mamool's left. So if we follow the rank pattern we wont' be able to get you enough points to rank up. :3

Maybe we'll talk in game to see whether we can get something together as a routine. If not we can definitely meet up for annoying ones like lebros supplies and E&E and so on when you're on it. XD

Btw I don't recommend spamming cleared missions to rank up, clearing new missions give 5 points, clearing already cleared one gives 1 points, you need 25 points to rank up. So you'd be spamming a lot... @_@
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-04 11:12:38  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
I'm currently doing assault missions for mythic with Slain. We've been doing them area by area (to get rid of the log books to get space back), but we could possibly do it by rank.

Though the biggest problem is to get everyone together to do it and the more people you cater for the less flexible it is @_@. And we have definitely cleared 2 PSC missions out of the 5 already (mamool and Ilrusi) we've pretty much completed everything on ilrusi (i've completed, slain only has fishing left) and only a few mamool's left. So if we follow the rank pattern we wont' be able to get you enough points to rank up. :3

Maybe we'll talk in game to see whether we can get something together as a routine. If not we can definitely meet up for annoying ones like lebros supplies and E&E and so on when you're on it. XD

Sup Spira,

Yeah, that's my motivation for Captain as well - pursuing a Mythic. I do understand that involving more people can slow things down, especially if you've progressed farther than those behind, but I'd be happy to talk about teaming up in some capacity if you guys are interested. :o

As was mentioned in the other threads, I'll look into soloing what I can to get as many clears as possible.

Thanks! :D
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-02-04 13:20:28  
If you want to solo the easy ones and team up for the annoying ones, hit me up, I don't know which ones I need but if I'm available I'll help out since I don't particularly use my tags atm.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-04 13:35:49  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
If you want to solo the easy ones and team up for the annoying ones, hit me up, I don't know which ones I need but if I'm available I'll help out since I don't particularly use my tags atm.

Cool, thanks Tidis.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [336 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-06 08:32:45  
Incoming Necro Bump.

It's crazy to think of what's happened in the 11 months since I made this thread originally. Well, I'm at it again (mythic #2) and am doing assaults again.

This thread isn't necessarily to try and put together a static but more to just let folks know that we may connect on getting mutual needed ones done, if you're interested.

I'm generally home around 5:30PM CST and have been shouting for Einherjar almost right away, but afterwards we can do assaults. I already have some folks I've been randomly doing them with but we may get a little more organized and perhaps pick a day everyone is stocked on Tags and knock out a bunch at once.

Let me know if you're interested!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-06 08:43:50  
I've hopped servers, made captain and started making my own mythic since I posted in this thread!
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-06 08:44:40  
I've hopped servers, made captain and started making my own mythic since I posted in this thread!

[All Right!]
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-01-06 09:01:14  
I'll help in exchange for those fast cast boots from lebros
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-06 09:02:48  
Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »

Bahaha! You got it. :)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-06 09:34:39  
What fast cast boots? o_O
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-06 09:36:24  

It's a little joke. I had shouted for help with Lebros Supplies and tried to ask for folks with movement speed+, but the way I worded the auto-translate made it sound like the reward for winning was fast cast boots.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-06 09:41:00  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

It's a little joke. I had shouted for help with Lebros Supplies and tried to ask for folks with movement speed+, but the way I worded the auto-translate made it sound like the reward for winning was fast cast boots.
I was thinking it was an inside joke but you got me curious!
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-01-06 10:17:50  
only people on cerberus would understand
!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner