Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-26 16:10:51  
shadows are pretty easy to keep up on any of these, excluding the elvaan. i would love to see mnk/war on the hume pls.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-12-26 16:14:35  
Can land finale on EV 90% of the time with this set. Elegy's noticeably more stubborn, but can still land it after a few attempts w/o ES/NT.

ItemSet 244320
By Tymoris 2013-12-26 16:16:46  
pchan said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Hume can be entirely shadow tanked, elvaan I'm not sure with arrogance, Mithra you can scherzo/earthen armor cloudsplitter, and just MDT/migawari manafont on taru. Shouldn't be a problem. None of them have lethal moves that ignore shadows besides the mithra though, and EA+scherzo eats that up entirely if you go that route. You should never need to fulltime a DT set as /nin if hate is bouncing though, just swap as shadows start to drop.

Everything in this posts seems wrong. EA and sherzo don't work on multihit. PDT is a necessity etc. lol.

EA and Sherzo just have less chance to work on multihits since they are calculated for each hit separately. Cloudsplitter is not a multihit so the combo works just fine.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-12-26 16:33:14  
Its Pchan everything he says is bloody stupid.... PDT on a magical ws that makes so much sence.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-26 16:39:14  
It can still rampage, which is physical, which will rape your face. So yes, pchan is right.

Scherzo earthen also don't work on multihit. Very obviously so when you take 3k damage with both up.
 Asura.Tymoris
サーバ: Asura
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2013-12-26 17:59:42  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
It can still rampage, which is physical, which will rape your face. So yes, pchan is right.

Scherzo earthen also don't work on multihit. Very obviously so when you take 3k damage with both up.

It still works you just take more risks. In fampage for example if you get hit by each hit for 1,5k for 2hits the buff would activate. If all 5 hits connect but they do only 600dmg then it won't.
That's why for these buffs to work it's recommended not to overdo it with pdt.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-26 18:16:14  
Rampage isn't going to hit for 1.5k per hit.
By Tymoris 2013-12-26 18:35:21  
Not with that pessimistic attitude it won't, try using a rancor collar and back and you may get some good results!
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 18:40:49  
They don't stack, but regardless you can easily shadow enough hits from rampage to avoid lethal damage.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 19:00:39  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Can land finale on EV 90% of the time with this set. Elegy's noticeably more stubborn, but can still land it after a few attempts w/o ES/NT.

ItemSet 244320
thanks for this, will aim for that minus carn
By pchan 2013-12-27 02:56:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said: »
shadows are pretty easy to keep up on any of these, excluding the gay elvaan. i would love to see mnk/war on the hume pls.

I have brought HM and mythra down to 20% with my usual unperfect strat. Defensive wise I am ok. HM is going to be the first to die.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-27 03:10:37  
and let me guess, you get raped by the brazen rush autos into CDC? you can't really acquire enough PDT/HP to brute force through the damage. even with pdt, major defense, autos are doing 300+. always attacks twice, usually 3. 600-900 dmg autos, to a 2k+ ws. you would need full time mantra and full time cureskin to even survive the raw dmg output by the hume. sounds like a lot of effort a simple subjob change can avert.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-12-27 04:40:30  
only casuals use shadows
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-27 04:55:08  
and let me guess, you get raped by the brazen rush autos into CDC? you can't really acquire enough PDT/HP to brute force through the damage. even with pdt, major defense, autos are doing 300+. always attacks twice, usually 3. 600-900 dmg autos, to a 2k+ ws. you would need full time mantra and full time cureskin to even survive the raw dmg output by the hume. sounds like a lot of effort a simple subjob change can avert.

I survive the hume fine thanks. It's funny that you mention not being able to survive it /war while all the reasons you mention make it impossible to survive /nin.
By pchan 2013-12-27 09:07:08  
Anyway, back to actual feedback. I'm farming felistris mask atm. A solid team of MNK/WAR x2 THF,WHMx2 BRD is taking down the diffult MR in 12 minutes. Using thf to hold the pet and to feint once SV songs wear off, using defender and bio II for the last few %, opening with shell crusher, and 3 or 4 minutes of outside cor rollsx4.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-27 09:18:06  

I survive the hume fine thanks. It's funny that you mention not being able to survive it /war while all the reasons you mention make it impossible to survive /nin.
why go through the extra trouble just to go /war when you can just /nin and divert getting destroyed by a triple attack into a cdc? how is it impossible really? do you not know how to use utsustemi correctly? do you not know the correct times to be using PDT? /nin you can beat that every time with no other special ***. /war, get unlucky and die within 2 seconds.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-27 09:31:40  

why go through the extra trouble just to go /war when you can just /nin and divert getting destroyed by a triple attack into a cdc? how is it impossible really? do you not know how to use utsustemi correctly? do you not know the correct times to be using PDT? /nin you can beat that every time with no other special ***. /war, get unlucky and die within 2 seconds.
He's trolling
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-12-27 09:50:45  
Anyway, back to actual feedback. I'm farming felistris mask atm. A solid team of MNK/WAR x2 THF,WHMx2 BRD is taking down the diffult MR in 12 minutes. Using thf to hold the pet and to feint once SV songs wear off, using defender and bio II for the last few %, opening with shell crusher, and 3 or 4 minutes of outside cor rollsx4.
Just curious but have you tried with a sch+whm instead of 2 whm's?
By pchan 2013-12-27 10:26:15  
Nope, but cureskin is too precious. lol regen. Also did another one in 9 minutes with cor instead of thf supertanking.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-12-27 11:20:04  
damn 9mins... i though our 11 min kills on VD were impressive...
 Lakshmi.Giti
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2013-12-28 00:51:40  
How much damage is lvl119 relic gun rangers doing with Coronach on VD AA?
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-28 00:58:43  
Pchan why don't you just upload a video?
 Shiva.Kollosis
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2013-12-28 01:30:22  
2.2k avg for me with coro
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-28 02:06:53  
Asura.Kese said: »

He mentions it was just difficult
By Pantafernando 2013-12-28 02:27:38  

I think he was being ironic.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-28 03:25:11  
1) Make friends with competent people
2) Make them aware that you want to do AA on higher difficulty
3) Impress them

USO (Ultra Secret Option):
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-12-28 03:43:55  
Pantafernando said: »

I think he was being ironic.
you dont sense the sarcasm?

just having a little fun after spamming mithra/hume VD all day.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-28 04:27:48  
Sylph.Nikia said: »
That doesnt really help however, is NIN a worthwhile job for these or should I shot for another?

Errr...you don't seem to be using 2 119 weapons. NIN is already weaker than almost every other job. If you're not playing to the full capacity of a job that's already behind, you might as well go a different route.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23