Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 70 71 72
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-12-31 09:40:52  
Maybe a temporary stat boost (food) effect by trading the item to the npc. Could be a nice idea to introduce. lol
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-31 09:41:00  
Joachim is BRD/WHM, at 99 he casts Cure IV / Erase / -na / Victory March / Blade Madrigal / Mage's Ballad (III I think) / Carnage Elegy.

He favors March ---> Madrigal but will replace Madrigal with Ballad when he's low on MP.

Despite having Daurdabla, he only keeps up 2 songs at a time. He doesn't melee or use a weapon skill, but has a ranged attack.

[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-31 09:44:22  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Rolanberries sounds like Kupipi, she loves those things, if I remember correctly you have to trade her one possibly more to get the KI that allows you to move through the Mage Gate in the Ruins, and one of the key things in her personality.

A side note that was actually part of my example of how I said SE should add an ability for them to talk in party like Adventuring Fellows do in says, it would be awesome to have her say something in party chat similar to...
Kupipi said:
After all this hard work, I could rea~lly go for some sweet fresh Rolanberries...
or while standing around...
Kupipi said:
I'm getting tired-wired, I wish I brought some Rolanberries with me for a quick snack! ;;
or something along those lines. I think it would be really funny/interesting at least. :x

"Uh-uh. I'm not curing another pointaru of your HP until I get a rolanberry!"
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-31 09:46:20  
Well that has to one of the easier quests ever created lol.

5 minute warp around to get 4 ciphers.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-31 09:52:06  
Any word on how you obtain the new ciphers? I'm not at home right now, so can't check for myself.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-12-31 09:53:51  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Any word on how you obtain the new ciphers? I'm not at home right now, so can't check for myself.

I'll be logging in in about 20 minutes or so and find out myself. Demonjustin and I have been double teaming this guide to be accurate. :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-31 09:55:22  
**** The items needed to summon their respective alter egos can be acquired by exchanging the following types of currency with the NPC with which you can normally exchange that currency.
Currency and Item Name
Conquest Points – Cipher: Tenzen
Imperial Standing – Cipher: Mihli
Allied Notes – Cipher: Valaineral
Cruor – Cipher: Joachim
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-31 10:04:44  
Wow, that's easy. I thought it was going to be one of those events where you have to play silly mini-games like cheering for an NPC while wearing a tutu.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-31 10:09:48  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Joachim is BRD/WHM, at 99 he casts Cure IV / Erase / -na / Victory March / Blade Madrigal / Mage's Ballad (III I think) / Carnage Elegy.
He doesn't spam Carrols or something stupid as I feared he would! :D

Though... I could do with Minuet rather than Madrigal but... its better than I expected, so oh well!

Does our new Mithra have Haste? :O
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-31 10:41:44  
Nah, too busy meleeing!
 Siren.Kentai
サーバ: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-31 10:41:59  
It'd be great if his song choices depended on your job when you summoned him. I can just see you on a mage with shantotto, ajido, and Joachim spamming ballads being very nice :)
 Asura.Sabishii
サーバ: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2013-12-31 10:56:08  
Sooooo, I guess lion isn't available yet?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-31 10:59:32  
Asura.Sabishii said: »

Not until the next login campaign starts, from what I've read.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-31 11:12:17  
Ok, so far playing with the melees I have seen Tenzen do all of his variants of the GK WSs except for his Lv4 Skillchain finisher, and his Namas Arrow variant. He sadly has used no JAs at all just like Ayame, so while he is better than some other melees due to higher DMG and better WS access(Gekko & Kasha variants are really nice actually) he is still not a 'real' SAM to me, just a WAR with a GK practically.

As for Valaineral, she has Voke, Sentinel, and Flash just like Trion, she also has Cures like all of the other PLDs, but that is still the extent of spells I have seen from her, as for WSs, I have seen Red Lotus once and many Savage Blades but no sign of another WS, though I am sure she has Uriel Blade, just hasn't used it yet, past that though nothing to mention.

Seems like the kitty is Kupipi +1, Tenzen is Ayame +1, and Vala is Trion +1, all of them have better WS access and seem to be a bit more powerful, but thats as far as things go, nothing particularly amazing from those 3 that I can tell.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2013-12-31 11:16:05  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Asura.Sabishii said: »

Not until the next login campaign starts, from what I've read.

Ah, sucks.

I got all the new ones, and Tenzen does his uniquely named WSs, I saw Amatsu: Kazakiri for 637, and amatsu: tsukikage for 516 on enemies in morimar basalt fields.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-31 11:25:12  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Seems like the kitty is Kupipi +1, Tenzen is Ayame +1, and Vala is Trion +1, all of them have better WS access and seem to be a bit more powerful, but thats as far as things go, nothing particularly amazing from those 3 that I can tell.

Why SE does this is beyond me. Instead of adding a variety of useful NPC's so you can tailor your own setup, they just keep adding ones that are clearly better than the previous bunch. It means that everyone will probably wind up with dozens of NPC's to choose from, but we'll all be using the same 3.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-31 11:29:06  
They have said they are going to be making AI improvements in February including making them more unique I believe, 2 months away though sadly. ;;
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-31 11:54:13  
Correction to what I said before, Tenzen uses ALL of his WSs besides Namas.

Vala finally used Uriel too.

Mihli uses both True Strike and Hexa Strike, but no MP recovery WSs at all, and still no Refresh at all, to a point I want to say keep using Kupipi, she will die easier but she has more MP & and her MP at least has some form of being regenerated!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-31 14:44:16  
just roll with Kupipi, Mihli, and Joachim!
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-12-31 15:16:52  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Despite having Daurdabla, [Joachim] only keeps up 2 songs at a time. He doesn't melee or use a weapon skill, but has a ranged attack.

He only got the 85 version for ffxiah points!

I regret missing out on this whole trust thing, it looks kinda fun.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2013-12-31 15:47:38  
as i have not been able to be on in the last couple of days. does anyone know if the 4 they just release are going to be temporary as you wont be able to buy after a certain date?
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-12-31 15:59:15  
Might just be for the event.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2013-12-31 16:03:02  
thank you
By Refia1 2013-12-31 17:06:53  
WHERE LION
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-12-31 17:21:46  
Refia1 said: »
WHERE LION

You have to /dance to your moogle in your moghouse up to 15 times to get the quest for Lion.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-12-31 17:33:01  
Refia1 said: »
WHERE LION

You can't get her yet - it's from the next login campaign. Same way you got Zeid.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-12-31 17:39:55  
Valefor.Houppelande said: »
Same way you got Zeid.

Still an "if".
 Shiva.Devrom
サーバ: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2013-12-31 18:12:09  
Mihli has a TP move called Scouring Bubbles (AoE damage). I can't say if it is water damage for sure but acuexes in Woh Gates colo. reive were taking even less damage than the root and acuexes are strong against water, right? So it is most likely water damage as the name suggests. Anyway, I am sticking with Kupipi, that is for sure, she provides much more safety.

Edit: Scouring Bubbles move did like 150 damage to the root and 120~ to the acuexes.

Edit: Joachim's ranged attack damage is neglible even compared to the melee damage of mage NPCs. It is as if he is throwing pebbles or something. He was doing like 3 damage to the root while Kupipi were doing 25-40. The real sad part is Tenzen's auto-attack damage doesn't seem much higher than Kupipi's...

Edit: Joachim has access to Army's Paeaon V and VI (I saw him sing them once and it was back to back) and it looks like he watches for hp, just eyeballing here though. Also, it seems he doesn't have any TP moves, 300 TP forever.

Edit: Did anyone else notice that Tenzen has an habit of saving his tp until he reaches 200? He rarely used WS at 100~ TP during my short test.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-12-31 18:45:26  
Shiva.Devrom said: »
Mihli has a TP move called Scouring Bubbles (AoE damage).
-.- that move wiped the party from full to nothing when i did mercenary camp bcnm long time ago
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 70 71 72