フォーラム » FFXI » General » Trust Ciphers!
Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 70 71 72
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-02-05 17:56:28  
Yeah, in that athena orb fight she doesn't do anything except run around and use one ws.
 Valefor.Oxt
サーバ: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-05 18:06:39  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Yeah, in that athena orb fight she doesn't do anything except run around and use one ws.

Oh never knew that . . . hmm
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-05 18:06:46  
I wonder how they will implement Nashmeira
They should make everyone finish ToAU storyline to get her trust magic if they add it. It would make the most sense (and I loved the storyline).

SE requiring people to finish CoP to get prishe/ulmia points towards SE finally adding some trusts that require people complete a significant amount of expansion content.

I want a paparoon trust magic, I've handed that rat so much alex he owes me bigtime. He probably padded out the amount of alexandrite needed for a mythic and keeps the rest for himself.
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-05 18:14:46  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I've handed that rat so much alex he owes me bigtime. He probably padded out the amount of alexandrite needed for a mythic and keeps the rest for himself.

XD

And since they confirmed Beastmen Trust NPCs I wouldn't be surprised if a Qiqirn is one of them.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-06 07:39:21  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I wonder how they will implement Nashmeira
They should make everyone finish ToAU storyline to get her trust magic if they add it. It would make the most sense (and I loved the storyline).

SE requiring people to finish CoP to get prishe/ulmia points towards SE finally adding some trusts that require people complete a significant amount of expansion content.

It's been bothering me that trust NPC's are so easy to obtain. Sure, some of the lesser ones should be - but the more famous ones should at least be somewhat challenging to acquire.

In the least, I would have expected NPC-specific quests, maybe even battlefield events where you fight alongside the NPC before they'll let you have their cipher. SE could even add ciphers as rare rewards for BCNM's, Dynamis, Assault, basically any battle system in the game. There is just so much potential.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-06 08:20:02  
Valefor.Oxt said: »
Mercenary Camp will be 2/5 with Mihli and Galadar so I would assume they'll eventually add General Rughadjeen, General Najelith and General Zazarg
I hope that they will bump up the number of NPCs used in Trust to 5.

That way, I can go around with the 5 Generals and pretty much own everything.
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-06 08:22:34  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
It's been bothering me that trust NPC's are so easy to obtain.

To gain Maat's Trust you must own his cap!!!!

No but seriously, I agree with you, and I'm really glad they're stepping up and making the requirements a little more challenging.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-06 08:22:51  
Siren.Kentai said: »
I haven't watched Gadalar closely in besieged and I haven't done the event fight. I'm wondering if he would use only fire based spells since he's the Flameserpent General and his special move is fire based. Can anyone confirm if he uses other nukes in battle?
He only uses fire spells.

Of the 5 generals, they are aligned with a single element:

Mithra WHM : Water
Hume BLM: Fire
Elvaan PLD: Light
Hume RNG: Wind
Galka MNK: Earth

So, their abilities and/or spells are generally based by the element they represent.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-06 08:23:45  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
It's been bothering me that trust NPC's are so easy to obtain.

To gain Maat's Trust you must own his cap!!!!

No but seriously, I agree with you, and I'm really glad they're stepping up and making the requirements a little more challenging.
That still won't be challenging.

It is so easy to get the 15 pre-ToAU jobs to 70+ it hurts.
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-06 08:37:16  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Don't forget it's not just about taking the jobs to 70. You also have to have the skills to be able to challenge Maat.

I do agree that it's not the challenge it once was - but making that the Trust requirement would give players an incentive to finish their hat.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-06 08:47:11  

Don't forget it's not just about taking the jobs to 70. You also have to have the skills to be able to challenge Maat.

I do agree that it's not the challenge it once was - but making that the Trust requirement would give players an incentive to finish their hat.
Yeah, but before you fight Maat, you are generally going to get the job at 99 (I mean, you are almost there).

I highly doubt that people are going to leech their way to 99 like they did during Abyssea (key whoring). Since exp parties are harder to come by at lower levels, most people are going to solo/trust their way to 99, at which time they will build the skills needed to fight Maat.

The only job that may be hard to beat Maat on would be SMN.
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-02-06 12:10:48  

Yeah, but before you fight Maat, you are generally going to get the job at 99 (I mean, you are almost there).

I highly doubt that people are going to leech their way to 99 like they did during Abyssea (key whoring). Since exp parties are harder to come by at lower levels, most people are going to solo/trust their way to 99, at which time they will build the skills needed to fight Maat.

The only job that may be hard to beat Maat on would be SMN.

Strangely, the only job I REALLY struggled to beat him as yes.

Lost once on -
MNK - Some bright spark in the wiki strats had it down to go in with counterstance up. I was at 10% health in, well.. 10 seconds or thereabouts.
It is to my capped evasion's credit that I actually lasted another minute evading everything he threw at me. Went in no meds.
Went back with capped H2H at 90 and ripped him a new one.
NIN - Couldn't hit him. Leeched NIN to 90 for the fight and had Katana skill of like.. 50.
This was a very long and painful fight watching us miss each other over and over again.
Went back in with capped Katana at 90 and.. well, you know the rest. Still had no Ninjitsu skill tbh.
BRD - No meds. No BRD skills. A couple of Hi-Pots and I'd have sneaked this with capped sword from my RDM.
Went back in with meds etc. etc.

But SMN was something else.
Took me about 6 goes I think it was. Back when you got one go with each testimony. (not that the SMN testy is hard to farm tbh. And profitable too from the mobs you kill for it)
The actual problem was that at 90 back then, my avatar was knocking him down low so quick that he was 2 hour-ing before I was far enough away from him. And 1 shotting me.
Ended up getting lucky and using the correct avatar etc for the day and for his avatar. Managed to get away and waited for my avatar to die to resummon. But it never did. It beat him without recasting.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-06 12:25:30  

I did whm on my alt at level 70 my healing magic skill was at 10 divine 3 enhancing 47 and enfeebling at 12 went 1/1. Evasion parrying and club were all at 30 or below lol.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-06 13:54:44  
My first Maat fight was on SMN since it was my only job at 70 at the time.

It was rough, but I managed to beat him on my first attempt. It was mostly luck and meds of course, but I'd like to think the countless hours of level 20 BCNM's, avatar fights and djinn hunting I'd been doing came into it somewhere, lol.

It'd be interesting if SE came out with an iLevel Maat fight, just to see how SMN would fare now. Astral Conduit would surely help, but I'm sure that'd be one of Maat's first moves also.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-02-06 14:15:40  
Smn was arguably one of the easiest jobs to beat mat on at 70 cap

Smn was my first ever job to 75 and all you had to do was go in predator claws twice astral flow - win

It was literally that simple.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-06 14:16:27  
My first/only Maat win was on BRD. I had a Joytoy, capped skills (on everything, including sword) and a good shield (I forget what) and still barely beat him with less than 50 HP left.
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-06 14:32:05  
My first Maat fight win was WHM.

I literally let him beat the living ***out of me for a few minutes while I ran and cured myself until he felt sorry for me and gave up.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-07 08:16:48  
Getting back on topic;

There are a couple of characters from the WotG storyline that I'd like to have as trust npc's, although SE would undoubtedly have to enable trust magic in Shadowreign areas to get them.

I've spoilered the details for anyone who hasn't completed WotG missions.

Perih Vashai

Lehko Habhoka
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-07 08:25:43  
Naja is confirmed for login campaign number 8
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-02-07 08:26:11  
Well everyone wants Lehko it seems.

It will definitely be nice if they continue releasing ones that require the ends of mission lines like Prishe/Ulmia.

Because I've done them all on myself and the one dual box character that I now run around on. So I should hopefully be good to go for most.

Until they start releasing SoA Trusts lol. I've not done anything there except unlocked the 2 new jobs.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-02-07 10:06:58  
Can't wait to see what job Naja is! If she's a MNK I hope the club doesn't hinder her >.<
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-02-07 10:13:03  
Naja having a club limits her jobs to only a few, unless NPC's have different equipment rules like the players do.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-07 10:17:56  
I forget what Naja did in the Path of Darkness ToAU mission. She didn't cast any magic that I recall, but I don't really remember seeing any job abilities either.

Then again, the battle was over somewhat quickly, so I probably didn't give her enough of a chance to do anything...
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-07 10:24:29  
Naja uses hundred fists but yeah, she doesn't cast any magic.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-07 10:27:51  
Naja uses hundred fists but yeah, she doesn't cast any magic.
Should be renamed "Hundred Spiky ways of death"
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-02-07 10:47:30  
Ya I'm assuming she's going to be a MNK but if so I really hope that club is strong >.< lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-07 10:54:21  
I hope the club is painful.

I mean, it should do additional effect damage just from the spikes alone!

Naja hits XXX for 120 damage!
Additional effect: death!
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-02-07 11:06:31  
Or maybe it could tear open coin purses and net us oodles of various currencies! :O
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-02-10 23:37:04  
I thought it was interesting how on the new Trust Cipher page they made the Gadalar cipher dependent upon completion of the Embers of His Past quest.

The Mihli cipher, by contrast, only required purchase with IS points and didn't require her specific quest to have been done (no spoilers!) I suppose this is for the best anyhow, as the "Embers of His Past", I remember, is the 5th Skyserpent befriending/origin-story quest so essentially you have to do them all in order to get the Gadalar one anyhow.

For those who enjoy CSes and FFXI backstory lore, that whole series of quests I found to be very funny/touching/heartwarming/memorable with some nice twists tossed in. :) Hope you enjoy them (even if they do involve some standard FFXI step-and-fetch/walk-around-everywhere quests.)
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-02-10 23:55:59  

RDM maat would still tear you a new one at 99 if you gimped your way through abyssea. Out of all the maat fights I've done RDM was the hardest. 1 random resist and it's over.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 70 71 72