users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Trust Ciphers!
Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 70 71 72
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-01-09 10:48:29  
I can confirm Joachim can use Minne and Minuet as well. Using them on me at level 5.
By oxt77 2014-01-09 11:17:24  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
SE should have a crossover event where you can get Trust NPC's from earlier FF games. Auron from FFX-1 would make a nice addition to my ranks.

I think this is a fantastic idea.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-09 11:47:23  
Auron is the old guy from Final Fantasy: Meg Ryan curse that game straight to hell
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-09 11:48:33  
furthermore, *** Meg Ryan
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-09 11:53:08  
Give me Beatrix, Super Naked Kuja, and Vivi
[+]
 Siren.Kentai
サーバ: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-01-09 22:16:30  
Would be cool if they ended the Fellowship storyline at a level 99 cap, with ilevel gear consideration, and you surrender your signal pearl for some story related reason. Upon giving up the signal pearl in the quest you go through a montage of the entire storyline's cutscenes as you create the trust bond with your fellow and he/she becomes a cipher in your spell list.

It would be a nice reward for the people who have taken their fellows this far. It takes up a party slot anyway, why can't it just be a party member like the ciphers?

You would still be able to customize gear and weapons for your fellow as always, and you could still restart the fellowship quest by telling the mithra that you're done with the one you have. Of course this would take away the cipher from your list and you'd have to start with a signal pearl again until you reach beat the 99 cap quest.

Also, if they did this it would be nice if they allowed the fellow to not count towards the three cipher limit, as a perk for our steadfast dedication to finishing the quest line.

Just a part of my wish list :P
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-01-10 07:09:53  
^^ That would be really nice.

I noticed when I have my fellow out that none of Kupipi's spells actually land on my fellow. Ex: Protectra etc. It's like it doesn't recognize my fellow as being in the party... :(
By Yatenkou 2014-01-10 07:48:03  
Yeah I've noticed that before Jarvick, and I don't think SE has said anything about changing that factor. Though soon they should be allowing things like Corsair Rolls and Blood Pacts to stick to the NPC's, which is what it should be doing from the start.

I also learned that if you summon an NPC at a certain lvl, it will STAY at that level until you resummon it. The way I figured this out, was that I summoned Tenzen at lvl 1, and when I hit lvl 5 and had over 100 HP, he still had around 30-40 HP. So make double sure to resummon the NPC's as often as you can, as to avoid them being under lvl and you end up in a world of hurt.

My current lineup consists of Ayame, Tenzen, and Kupipi until I test the others, Zeid was fun but he tapers off when he starts casting elemental magic, whereas he was outright dangerous when he was finishing the mob off with drain to top off his HP. That to me said he had a smart AI system, but when I caught him using elemental magic over and over, he immediately started to lose his appeal to me, so I went with Tenzen for a 3 SAM and 1 WHM lineup, and I will be taking the PLD's into gusgen
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-01-10 18:51:30  
Anyone who uses anything but the two BLM's + some eye candy to top it off is just wasting the potential of trust imo.

*Summon 3 Trust's*
*pull mob..*

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

*pull another mob*

Recast Ajido/Shantotto as needed. That's all there is if I'm honest.
All the others are pointless as far as I've seen.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2014-01-10 19:39:07  
everytime is see this title pop up i think its a debate about the AES candidates rjindal vs serpents vs twofish...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-13 16:29:34  
Um i cant seem to get tenzen? Went to the Conquest point Npc and he does not show up anywhere on the list :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-13 16:33:35  
Tenzen should be located on the second page of the Common Items list.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-13 16:38:06  
Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
Anyone who uses anything but the two BLM's + some eye candy to top it off is just wasting the potential of trust imo.

*Summon 3 Trust's*
*pull mob..*

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

*pull another mob*

Thats more or less due to the fact that they have not given them stats equal to level 119s when using a 119 weapon, their stats seem to be based off some form of average level with your gear, which is why if you have the NPCs nuke when in full RF+1 and then in some level 99 gear, you will see their DMG fall drastically. After the Feburary update hopefully all of them will be more useful, and Shantotto won't just be a gimp Ajido.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-13 16:40:54  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Tenzen should be located on the second page of the Common Items list.

Doh! didn't notice the second page, thank you ^^;
 Ragnarok.Llantosub
user: llantosub
By Ragnarok.Llantosub 2014-01-13 17:19:14  
Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

*Summon 3 Trust's*
*pull mob..*

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

*pull another mob*

Helped my leveling a lot thank you
By Kell 2014-01-13 18:10:51  
Siren.Kentai said: »
Well, the new PLD we got with the relic gear normally has an enlight on his melee hits when he's in campaign, but I don't recall seeing that on his trust cipher. Based on that we may be getting a stripped down version of the character :(

To be fair, they are fairly powerful at 99. I had the three pld npcs stand in when the pld player at yumcax wkr went down like a sack of potatoes.

They did a fairly good job between them, and held it until it potted them. Even kept hate with a blm nuking, lol.
 Siren.Noxzema
サーバ: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-01-14 10:18:38  
Playing around with Lion, seems to be the same as Nanaa (same HP/MP and Gilfinder) but has a better fighting stance imo. And I've seen 4 different WS so far and doesn't seem to have any WS's that we can use, I hope some have some sort of additional effect to em.
Grapeshot, conal, very weak damage from what I've seen so far 20-50 dmg
Powder Keg, also weak
Pirate Pummel, decent damage 700+
Walk the Plank, conal 700+

Edit: this was on the pugils/frogs in Marjami, so the first 2 might be water based and were being resisted
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
サーバ: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-01-14 10:24:22  
TY for the info Noxzema =)
 Phoenix.Damnit
user: bignig
By Phoenix.Damnit 2014-01-14 11:38:09  
Siren.Noxzema said: »
Playing around with Lion, seems to be the same as Nanaa (same HP/MP and Gilfinder) but has a better fighting stance imo. And I've seen 4 different WS so far and doesn't seem to have any WS's that we can use, I hope some have some sort of additional effect to em.
Grapeshot, conal, very weak damage from what I've seen so far 20-50 dmg
Powder Keg, also weak
Pirate Pummel, decent damage 700+
Walk the Plank, conal 700+

Edit: this was on the pugils/frogs in Marjami, so the first 2 might be water based and were being resisted
One thing I did notice also is try to be careful, "Powder Keg" is an AOE, turned out to be a bad decision to be close to other mobs in Kamihr, could possibly be conal, not 100% sure, the mobs where at about 45 degrees on each side.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-01-14 12:31:24  
Walk the Plank (conal) Sleep effect?

I noticed that when it hit an other mob they would just stand still for 30-45seconds before attacking.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-01-14 15:07:58  
Not really damage or anything related, but Lion has blue underpants. They are shorts, though.
That was totally the first thing I looked for when I summoned her. I could never really get a good look in cutscenes lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-01-14 17:06:04  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not really damage or anything related, but Lion has blue underpants. They are shorts, though.
That was totally the first thing I looked for when I summoned her. I could never really get a good look in cutscenes lol

Haha excellent stuff ^^

That's put me off Lion already if she has AOE's like a couple of the others then.
Tried her for 30 mins just skilling on NIN and farming at the same time on level 80 mobs earlier.
Everything went down in 10 seconds tops. Didn't even bother having a healer out it was that pointless. I love this game now lol.

So... related to the AOE point. What Trust NPC's are the best DD's without having any AOE attacks then? From people's experiences?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-01-14 17:49:45  
The other THF is probably the "best" DD unless you can SC off tenzen. I don't know if cobra clamp is conal though
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-14 17:53:50  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
The other THF is probably the "best" DD unless you can SC off tenzen. I don't know if cobra clamp is conal though

Cobra Clamp is fan-shaped or conal, it's a bit hard to tell. But it can hit multiple targets for sure...
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-14 17:57:27  
Phoenix.Frankbrodie said:
So... related to the AOE point. What Trust NPC's are the best DD's without having any AOE attacks then? From people's experiences?

Probably Tenzen, Volker and Zeid. At least from my experience. I tend to use Shantotto, Ajido and Joachim more though. If you can heal and/or add refresh yourself it's a crazy party. Makes leveling fun/fast as well.

I do hope several of these NPC's get adjusted in a future update. February so I hear? It's kinda dumb having this many NPC's and only end up using 3 or 4.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-01-14 21:07:43  
Quote:
Probably Tenzen, Volker and Zeid

This is probably true in most cases, but theres just so many issues with Zeid and Tenzen that I really don't like. Zeid spends his time casting stupid stuff sometimes - occasionally it is useful, but that tends to take away from his DPS. Tenzen has the tendency to hold onto his TP far too long instead of using it every 100%.

I'd feel more comfortable using Ajido/Shantotto and just rotating spots for the third DD. But definitely Volker because he's a straightforward melee, and his Vorpal is really good. I'd say Nanaa is probably the next best bet for DD overall outside of mages. But again, she has an aoe.

I think it all depends on your playstyle.
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-01-15 11:05:17  
I have actually been using Kupipi, Trion and Excenmille. I am playing War and this seems to be the safest party for me. But I am also taking on mostly VT and IT mobs (note I am only 60 atm). I would use the 2 mages, but I guess I am too lazy to keep having to recast them every few minutes.
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2014-01-15 11:21:07  
Hope someday they give us Nashmeira to see an NPC control an NPC lol.

Or maybe Brutus and see him call different Pet Jugs xD
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-15 11:23:45  
Brutus always struck me as the kind of player who would pull out CourierCarrie and argue that she's the best option on the never-fail logic of "she's cheap and I can't be bothered."
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 70 71 72