This Stuff Wasn't Working Correctly All Along?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » This stuff wasn't working correctly all along?
This stuff wasn't working correctly all along?
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-07-22 00:39:46  
This part of the update really bothers me.

" The following item's actual damage value no longer differs from that indicated in its help text:
Noble Himantes

The "Enhances 'Random Deal' effect" bonus granted by the following items is now functioning as intended:
Commodore Frac / Commodore Frac +1

The wyvern damage reduction effects granted by the following items are now consistent with the value indicated in their help text:
Wyrm Finger Gauntlets / Wyrm Finger Gauntlets +1 / Wyrm Brais / Wyrm Brais +1"

These relic items have been in the game for quite a while. And they are "just" getting around to fixing it?

It bothers me because now I have to wonder if other things might be broken.

I know what some are thinking. If I have such an issue with it I don't have to play.

But I do think if I do choose to play that the gear abilities and such work "as intended". I mean if they don't then what's the point?

I do hope the GM's actually received calls on this and actually took it up with the developers.
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-22 00:44:06  
they probably were working until yesterdays update. You know SE has a bad habit of breaking old things when they implement new ones.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-22 00:45:34  
FFXI is like jenga.... except backwards
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 00:47:15  
Yeah, they adjust one freaking recast timer and the whole *** thing falls apart...
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-22 00:50:10  
SE hard at work.
User submitted image
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-22 00:51:18  
Install the new FFXI update today and gain the ability to tank or DD as a ninja from the new job abilities as well as new campaign areas and the addition of Unions!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dont look down here-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lalala nothing to see----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------really its all lies by wow creators------------------------------------------------

Caution, side effects may include: Computer/head injury, relic malfunction, long waits for parties, healers not being able to cast cure spells, samurai's lack of tp gain from the ability meditate, nose bleeds and wet panties.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-22 00:53:07  
Dubont said:
Install the new FFXI update today and gain the ability to tank or DD as a ninja from the new job abilities as well as new campaign areas and the addition of Unions!

Caution, side effects may include: Computer/head injury, relic malfunction, long waits for parties, healers not being able to cast cure spells, samurai's lack of tp gain from the ability meditate, nose bleeds and wet panties.

You forgot implosive diarrhea.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 00:54:15  
User submitted image

Another shot, S-E on the job!!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-22 00:55:15  
Reaction Options:
1.CLOSE ALL SERVERZ FOR MAINTENANCE NOW!!!!
2. Blame RMT's
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-22 00:59:38  
The items "fixed" in the maintenance were improved in the version update. They were either stronger, or weaker than intended to be set to though. So they were re-adjusted. They were fine all along (supposedly), just SE *** up like usual on Monday, and fixed it(...probably) on tuesday.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-22 12:28:27  
They're apparently fixing Yonin so tools may still be used.
I thought it was supposed to be 100% ;_;
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-22 12:34:48  
The 100% wasn't the intent. Odds are, if you have the merits, it's going to be a pretty high percentage.

We'll just have to wait until it's actually been tested once it's how it's 'supposed' to be.