[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-09-14 23:18:48  
Asura.Weinberg said: »
I personally prefer the new aesthetic

It has a certain appeal, I'm sure new folks to the job will pick right up on it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-29 14:38:16  
Anybody still bothering with ddGEO? I haven't in a long, long, long time. But honestly I feel like it's less effective than it used to be.
Or rather, all other jobs improved tons since then, whereas ddGEO is still there.

My ddSET still whirls around Onca Suit, a head with high haste (Blistering Sallet+1 is what I use atm), Suppanomimi, Shetal Stone, rest is pretty much standard gear.

I still can't see a better TP set.
Only thing I can think of is
1) DD head (Blistering Sallet +1? Or Telchine with the right augs)
2) Jeuno Volte body
3) Raetic Bangles +1
4) Telchine Legs
5) Battlecast Gaiters

That would be 28% haste, but the rest of the stats are kinda... an odd ball. Posting underneath the spoiler tag.

It has to be said that the second setup opens up the Ammo slot (whereas with the Onca suit you're kinda bound to use Hasty Pinion +1), but still given how there's not many interesting or OP ammos, I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference in the end.

Looking at the stats, if you ask me, the stats difference is totally not worth it =/
GEO needs more dDGEAR!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-29 14:44:28  
Also, speaking about Maxentius vs Nehushtan.
I feel that, with perf augs, Nehushtan might still be a better Offhand for physical damage.
Pros and Cons, much higher delay but much better DD stats too...

My Nehushtan has STR/DEX+15, DA+4, Acc+15.
It's more or less the same acc provided by Maxentius with less skill but... I mean, probably a better offhand.

Maxentius is of course probably a better MH than R15 Idris, but it's so annoying NOT to use Idris MH on GEO =/
By malakef 2019-09-29 17:37:28  
I was actually messing with ddGEO about a month ago. As you have looked at I also went down the path of volte gear(feet), Raetic bangles, but then I mixed in Relic +3 head and body with Jhakari+2 legs. The Relic stuff really does have a lot of accuracy and haste plus other stats to be useful. Careful with those Raetic bangles though as the can suck your MP dry quick if taking any damage. Things with a spikes effect are the worse...

Accessories are obvious choices like chirich +1 rings, goading belt and so on.

As for clubs I’ve decided to stick with the Idris, mines only rank 12 but I’ll finish soon. Have to swap out of it and drop TP is just too much hassle if you already have to stop time from DDing to renew indi and replace geo bubbles constantly if camp moves often like Dynamis.

Something else I found interesting is for choice of WS i went with judgement as it scales decently with TP and has a much higher ceiling and consistency than either hexa or realmrazer. Exudation as I’m sure you know is terrible unless you have woefully low attack ratio. Black halo would be nice if using the max but like I said the tp drop and swapping makes that not feasible if overall output is the goal.

Another thing to consider, and this is buff dependent, is using the TP bonus club offhand for bigger Judgement WS. If you’re in a DD party and obviously getting the same DD buffs they are using this is not as hard is it sounds. I got to bring it out for a Dyna D run and parsed a respectable 91% accuracy for wave 1 and 2. Wave three was a god aweful mid 70% accuracy so it would have to math out if the better WS damage made up for the slow TP gain.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-29 18:03:06  
How's your accuracy with checkparam?
guessing you mean a set kind of like this:
ItemSet 364530
EDIT:
Maybe this for dispelga since /nin or dnc:
ItemSet 364587
By malakef 2019-09-29 18:06:40  
Pre food And buffs I’m at 1150ish I think? I’d have to check when I log in tonight. And yes that set other than the gloves being Raetic which opens up either waist or ammo for something else like a wiltful belt +1.

Edit*

Accuracy sitting at 1155 in my current set with R12 Idris and Max off hand.

Edit for your edit*

If I’m the DD party geo I’m not doing any debuff bubbles so dispelga isn’t needed and a cure for tank would work anyways. However, I would be interested in a flash nova build with that offhand especially for wave 3 boss.
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-29 21:06:54  
I considered it mainly for when DDs aren't hitting the same enemy like in dyna-D and seraph strike / flash nova build as well.
malakef said: »
If I’m the DD party geo I’m not doing any debuff bubbles
oh, nice. regardless what party I've been in I almost always am asked to do a debuff bubble.
EDIT:
hm, how about this for a FlashNova set?
ItemSet 368825
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-09-29 23:26:26  
Chimerawizard said: »
I considered it mainly for when DDs aren't hitting the same enemy like in dyna-D and seraph strike / flash nova build as well.
malakef said: »
If I’m the DD party geo I’m not doing any debuff bubbles
oh, nice. regardless what party I've been in I almost always am asked to do a debuff bubble.
EDIT:
hm, how about this for a FlashNova set? +Malignance Earring
ItemSet 368825

Actually looks like a fairly easy set to build for Geo, I thought it would be more annoying tbh.

When I DD on Wave 3 in Dyna on Geo people always think I'm crazy haha.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-19 04:24:15  
How does HP recovery and DT on your Luopan work when absorbing damage with Bagua Charm +2? Will it still apply full DT and only recover 12.5% of the damage an attack would have dealt to it (assuming capped pet DT in idle, of course) or will it recover more?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-19 04:36:13  
I think the absorb ignores DT. Other absorb mechanics such as Liement do the same thing, ignore all DT and heal for as much as the attack would normally deal.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-19 05:24:24  
Afaik, it's like shiraj said. I've seen some aoe move hit my luopan for not much and a repeat of hit basically healing it almost to full from brink off death.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-19 05:28:15  
Good to know, thanks. Guess I'm camping one more thing on the AH.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2019-10-25 03:48:16  
Front page is fixed for the most part. Only bothered to do the top part where I started to rebuild the guide. I Would like to finish it eventually lol. Had to remake everything from scratch so that was fun

For the off chance that it happens again all the images are here
https://imgur.com/a/ixyq6KK
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-11-09 22:24:50  
Is cardinal chant magic burst bonus I or II? BG doesn't seem to say in either the magic burst or CC page. If its II, that'd be a huge bonus with AF head +3, which also comes with a good bit of macc.(Although CC is annoying to make work.)

Edit: Cardinal Chant when the mob is west of the GEO

Also, the main guide lists merlinic/almaric as the magic burst armor slots, but I'd imagine even NQ Ea would be better than non-DM merlinic augs. Merlinic magic burst augs are MBB I right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-11-09 22:58:33  
It's its own bonus completely separate from what you mistakenly assumed it is iirc.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-11-09 23:09:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
It's its own bonus completely separate from what you mistakenly assumed it is iirc.
So are you saying its a unaffected by MBB I's 40% cap, but still different than MBB II?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-11-09 23:13:51  
That's what I vaguely recall from when it was tested years ago. Back then there was less MBII gear around so there was no way to reach any theoretical cap for MBII, so I guess you could look out incase you have to deal with that?
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-09 23:32:12  
ItemSet 366266
ignoring INT 2step skillchain
MAB=100+24subjob+20jp+42gifts+360=546
MB=100+40+35+22=197

vs geomancy galero +3
MAB=508
MB=100+33+28+44=205

dMAB=-38
dMB=+8

% improvement
Ea hat MAB: 38/508=7.5%
Ea hat MAB w/ max Acumen & Wizard roll: 38/(508+90+56)=5.8%
Galero MB: 8/197=4.1%
Galero MB 3step: 14/197=7.1%
Galero MB 4step: 15/197=7.6%
Made a mistake in original calculation of MAB from quote ... fixed.
Also, originally I accounted for a 3 step skillchain with that club, this time I only counted for a 2step.
Galero likely will win with a 4 step skillchain, but Ea hat is going to win if you're just making 2steps with this equipment setup. A 3 step is in the air based on if your group is buffing for MB kills or if you just happen to be nuking instead of sitting on your hands.

edit: testing with regard to CC & MBI vs MBII was posted to bgwiki on the talk page. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Cardinal_Chant
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-11-09 23:55:04  
ItemSet 366266
ignoring INT 2step skillchain
MAB=100+24subjob+20jp+42gifts+360=546
MB=100+40+35+22=197

vs geomancy galero +3
MAB=508
MB=100+33+28+44=205

dMAB=-38
dMB=+8

% improvement
Ea hat MAB: 38/508=7.5%
Ea hat MAB w/ max Acumen & Wizard roll: 38/(508+90+56)=5.8%
Galero MB: 8/197=4.1%
Galero MB 3step: 14/197=7.1%
Galero MB 4step: 15/197=7.6%
Made a mistake in original calculation of MAB from quote ... fixed.
Also, originally I accounted for a 3 step skillchain with that club, this time I only counted for a 2step.
Galero likely will win with a 4 step skillchain, but Ea hat is going to win if you're just making 2steps with this equipment setup. A 3 step is in the air based on if your group is buffing for MB kills or if you just happen to be nuking instead of sitting on your hands.

edit: testing with regard to CC & MBI vs MBII was posted to bgwiki on the talk page. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Cardinal_Chant

That set doesn't cap MB1. Need to replace amalric nails +1 with Jhakri +2. Also not exactly a good benchmark to use maxentius since you won't want to drop Idris potency.
By geigei 2019-11-10 01:35:45  
Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Also not exactly a good benchmark to use maxentius since you won't want to drop Idris potency.
Lol what?
[+]
By Wotasu 2019-11-10 02:15:25  
Geomancy+ & skill need only to be used during midcast, can idle naked.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-10 02:37:33  
Wotasu said: »

I know people don't like to take Idris off tbh. I'm the same when I play GEO.
Sometimes lag happens when casting/swapping gear and it'll not actually swap for midcast so it can gimp bubbles. So I find it easier/simpler to just leave Idris on.
Same thing with Dunno too.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-10 02:43:04  
Precast in them as well, then.
By SimonSes 2019-11-10 02:45:39  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

Sometimes lag happens when casting/swapping gear and it'll not actually swap for midcast so it can gimp bubbles. So I find it easier/simpler to just leave Idris on.

But you can put idris in idle set so you will have it equipped before you cast a bubble. You just swap to Maxentius for nuke, then go back to idris idle. There is 0 risk here.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-10 03:00:59  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Shiraj said: »

But you can put idris in idle set so you will have it equipped before you cast a bubble. You just swap to Maxentius for nuke, then go back to idris idle. There is 0 risk here.

What I mean is with lag in Dyna sort of thing. Sometimes you lag so bad not even your idle set equips. But yeah I do this, it does help a bit.
By Wotasu 2019-11-10 03:10:48  
Oh I have latency issues so I idle, precast & Midcast with idris.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 73 74 75