[DEV] Assault Restrictions Eliminated

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [DEV] Assault Restrictions Eliminated
[DEV] Assault Restrictions Eliminated
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2013-11-25 18:49:35  
Sorry it's a half baked Kalila style post, but there's some good news from the DEV team:

[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2013-11-25 18:58:15  
Bring on the "Lower wait time to 6 hour" Per charge talks
 Fenrir.Evildemon
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-11-25 19:20:49  
Well that's about time a year too late past me being able to dual box it. If only they'd allow it for salvage too.
 Leviathan.Celille
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2013-11-25 19:26:24  
While they're at it why don't they make tags stack indefinitely like abyssea stones.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-11-25 19:31:03  
If your goal was to build a mythic and the number of people has been your major cockblock I don't understand why you would fixate on assault and salvage instead of Einherjar. Granted you could probably 3 man Ein pretty easy in the time limit now but its still kind of annoying.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-25 20:59:38  
Wonder if it'll make the phantom tp moves worse in delve.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-25 21:12:09  
Hell. Yes.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-25 21:15:55  
Kinda worried about the lag :x but I guess people needed it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-11-25 22:04:13  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Other than mythics, there won't be too many people doing assaults. I don't think you'll need to worry about lag with the pop of the servers atm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-11-26 13:51:25  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Other than mythics, there won't be too many people doing assaults. I don't think you'll need to worry about lag with the pop of the servers atm.

Hope she was kidding. People don't even shout for assaults in like 3 years. Why would they all rush in now
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-26 14:00:46  
Its cool they did this, but it never was a real barrier to anyone making a mythic.
There are still a few that will be impossible to solo because of the gameplay mechanics and amount of ground you have to cover (Lebros supplies).
Its cool for people that want to solo some certain ones for easy assault points for permits and getting dc'd into salvage though.
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-11-26 14:28:35  
Better now than never I guess.
 Fenrir.Squintik
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2013-11-26 14:39:09  
Will that include Nyzul? And if so, how will that affect the 3-person puzzles?
By Wordspoken 2013-11-26 15:29:15  
Fenrir.Squintik said: »
Will that include Nyzul? And if so, how will that affect the 3-person puzzles?
Just did Nyzul(75) today. 3-manned it and got...4 lamps. /hurray

No idea how they're going to solve it /shrug.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-26 15:36:33  
if you have more lamps than people, you can usually run/flee to the extra one in time to trigger it, even if its an order lamp or same time type.
Its rare but it happens
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-11-26 16:43:23  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Points for Salvage. If the distribution of assault points is better solo than groups (points/#of members), then more people will solo. I actually had a hard time finding people to do assaults with since many of the people do not have Captain rank.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-11-26 16:56:59  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Its cool they did this, but it never was a real barrier to anyone making a mythic.
There are still a few that will be impossible to solo because of the gameplay mechanics and amount of ground you have to cover (Lebros supplies).
Its cool for people that want to solo some certain ones for easy assault points for permits and getting dc'd into salvage though.

I can only speak for myself but Captain rank and assaults (including Nyzul) are the biggest hurdle for me to complete mythic. With only getting 1 tag a day, plus the minimum entry requirement of 3 players, you're looking at months of doing assaults around twice a week. I have my wife to help, but finding a third that's reliable for months is just too tough.

The alexandrite is definitely not chump change but given enough time and effort I can make the gil for that solo, and I do Ein with a linkshell.
By volkom 2013-11-26 17:08:34  
wish the majority of content was soloable
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-26 17:10:21  
I sometimes wish I was an otter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-26 17:11:09  
I prefer 6 man content myself. I'm glad they are moving more towards that direction now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-11-26 17:13:11  
I think everyone would agree with me that at this stage, what we really need is 36-man content.
[+]
 Odin.Cett
サーバ: Odin
user: Cett69
By Odin.Cett 2013-11-26 17:22:13  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I think everyone would agree with me that at this stage, what we really need is 36-man content.

ROFL
By Elwynbelwyn 2013-11-29 08:45:32  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
The ones that can't be soloed (Lebros supplies is still tricky with 6 people going /THF) are few enough that they can be shouted for. So people can now concentrate on shouts for just the harder ones. It's a lot easier to do that for five than fifty. Plus, now they can solo to get their rank up. And there are also "hard" ones that are hard in a way that doesn't depend as much on the number of players, where soloing ten runs is a lot less annoying than trying to group up for ten runs.

I've heard that they are also planning to "adjust" the number of players for Salvage too, which means either two or one. Good thing I'm sitting on a buttload of assault points. I only have 40 alex deposited right now.

Ein hasn't been a problem for me because shouts were still effective on Sylph a few months ago, and I'm more than half way. (But now server population is way down, so yeah.) It's not hard to do a T3 with 6-9 non-stupid (knowing things like don't aggro the boss before killing all the adds) people. And once I get assaults out of the way, I'll be a lot more willing to help people do Nyzul clears, which I am also more than half way on tokens.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-01 05:46:04  
The amount of people needed for entry is being changed for Assaults, Salvage, and Meeble Burrows. Presumably, the restriction is being removed entirely, though they did not say for the other two if it would be soloable, its safe to assume since it was mentioned in the same place as the Assault changes.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-01 06:57:13  

Your thinking too small. Needs to be 64 man, 3hr Dynamis style. Big zones, ultra low drop rates on random items. Lots of drama!
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-12-01 07:28:11  
They tried that with legion and it flopped didn't it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-01 07:32:58  
i do believe those folks may have been using some amount of sarcasm there
[+]
By Xodia 2013-12-01 08:31:57  
fingers crossed for salvage entry solo!
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2013-12-01 09:55:35  
I would just love ENM to be un capped
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2013-12-01 10:13:37  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38592-December-2013-Version-Update?p=480809#post480809

fourth row of the content and systems table has not only assault, but salvage, and meebles listed for solo entry.

There's other juicy tidbits in there as well. I'm salivating to see if further revamps to Artifact armor raising it to level 119 will elevate it to being more than 1 out of 5 usefull pieces. In my opinion one of FFXIs strongest points as an MMO was the wide variability of sidegrades you could choose from in endgame. That wide selection has fallen by the wayside as vertical progression blazed a trail to 119.

Solo entry to assaults, salvage, and meebles is going to bring in some nice gear, but I still hope for updates to ilevel for salvage gear/content, and any other aspects SE wishes to revamp.
[+]