Nin update..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-22 09:04:56  
Dubont said:
k dumb question..is the enmity bonus only granted while facing the mob? j/w

Nothing is just while "facing the mob". Enmity is at all times. Accuracy down is at all times. NTE is at all times. Evasion up and Enemy Critical Hit rate down are while the *mob is facing you*. That means no meleeing a dragon's tail, etc. The only thing that makes me worry about this wording is tanking HNMs off center. (But who evades that anyway, amirite?)
 Shiva.Verohawke
サーバ: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2009-07-22 09:15:21  
Blazza said:
Stanflame said:
Hitetsu said:
Erendis said:
User submitted image

I hate these kind of ppl, if this glitch is on you'r side just stfu and have fun with it, if it's not yeah u can *** about it

Hello salvage duping? >.>

wtf does salvage duping have to do with this retard. if you think or witnessed a mass ban from se for the first time with that you are a pup at this game...

Stan, you really are a ***. While it's highly unlikely to get banned from simply playing on nin, the relation to salvage duping is that people who didn't get any drops from it, but were with other people who did and failed to report the glitch were also banned.

It's a reasonably broad comparison, but it's certainly a legitimate one.

Hmmm not to play the devil's advocate here, but this basically means everyone who sees a ninja making use of Yonin, should report him for using the glitch :-)

Can' t you all just wake up and smell the coffee;

This is exactly what SE wants, they deliberately don't tell us if it's a glitch or not,
so we could endlessly debate and speculate about it.

It's their crazy way of keeping us players -interested and involved- with the game...

I am pretty certain the people at SE are laughing their socks off right now :(

EDIT:

It's not working as intended.

Taken of the Playonline site:

SE said:

Current Known Issues (Jul. 22)

As of Jul. 22, 2009, we have confirmed the following issues.
Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issues have been resolved.

[Current Known Issues]

- Upon the use of weapon skill "Catastrophe," the additional effect will not exert properly.

- While job ability "Yonin" is in effect, Ninja Tools will not be spent upon the use of Ninjutsu.

- Other than inside the Mog House, the number of items stored in Mog Safe, Mog Locker and Storage will not be displayed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
[+]
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-22 09:28:24  
You quote the large *** image *AND* you Wall o' Text. Bad!
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-22 09:32:39  
Dragonspight said:
You quote the large *** image *AND* you Wall o' Text. Bad!

You complain incessantly *AND* it's annoying. Bad!
[+]
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-22 09:38:02  
Hopefully this isn't a glitch, though. I was able to get some decent exp soloing rats in Alzadaal just now.
 Lakshmi.Ratie
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2009-07-22 09:47:50  
Wall o' text? I've seen some mighty fine walls before, but that doesn't come close. It doesn't even fit into the category considering it's use of the enter key.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-07-22 10:58:45  
Yonin is presently listed along with Catastrophe in today's "Current known issues" D:

Damn.. Depending on how they fix it, it might mess with its usefulness.. The only saving grace would be whether it stacks with other Ninja Tool Expertise, and if maxing out the values would place you close to 100%..
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-07-22 11:24:37  
See like I said it better be closer to 75% now i know i need to finish capping ninja tool expertise >.>. and finally get my ninja tekko when I am in line.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-22 11:43:45  
Interesting...
Oh well, Nin will always be 37 in my book.
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-22 17:05:07  
Stanflame said:
See like I said it better be closer to 75% now i know i need to finish capping ninja tool expertise >.>. and finally get my ninja tekko when I am in line.

Tekko and merits don't affect us in the place where we'd use magic the most: UO.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-23 00:23:09  
Moved here.

Ittoryu said:
so with the intro of yonin and its 100% ninja tool expertise, is nin going to get a new merit? >_>

Linis said:
It looks like they are going to be fixing that in the current known issues :/. It popped up as being a issue, so it looks like they are going to be fixing it. /sigh I was a skeptic about the NIN update and was really excited to see that ninja tool expertise didn't take tools upon use with Yonin, and thought that was a nice reward for being a NIN past 37 (Since people sub it more then actually main it). And would give more incentive for NINs to purchase elemental tools for hate and not having to continue to buy them. Oh well whats new with SE?

Ishkur said:
Linis said:
It looks like they are going to be fixing that in the current known issues :/. It popped up as being a issue, so it looks like they are going to be fixing it. /sigh I was a skeptic about the NIN update and was really excited to see that ninja tool expertise didn't take tools upon use with Yonin, and thought that was a nice reward for being a NIN past 37 (Since people sub it more then actually main it). And would give more incentive for NINs to purchase elemental tools for hate and not having to continue to buy them. Oh well whats new with SE?

Come on a 100% Ninja Tool Expertise? that's a bit too much for my taste.
Don't get me wrong Ninja is expensive and all and they deserve the trait but not to a 100% extent. A 20% will be more than decent +merits (+5% each) it'll have a nice proc rate +relic (33% proc rate) it'll have a really good earned proc rate.

Zangada said:
PPL r nevery happy, how can free nin tools be too much? Since day 1 nin has gotten nothing but nerfs and lolsange, 1st real ja's and now its too good. Personally free tool ja is the least se can do but once again if its too good to be true se will take it away.
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-23 00:53:48  
have they fixed this yet? If they have...to all the dumbass people that complained..i hope you are *** happy. People like you allowed the game to become ***again and ninja tank to once again become second rate. Do the FFXI community a favor and go back to playing wow *** idiots.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-23 14:50:12  
Moved here.

Dubont said:
t(-_-t) if after the update u STILL say nin cant DD for ***. -.- yay 1 track minds!
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-23 14:52:14  
heeeeeeeey u moved my post!! QQ